Restoration Augments

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by lllStrichcodelll, Jul 14, 2023.

1. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

[IMG]
    [IMG]

These are my stats in the current Shock to the System Duo. One is with two rank 23 Resto augments from that episode, the other with 2 resto augments from legion of Doom. One R11 and one R0. Guess which one lets me have more resto. :p

Needless to say these will also be eternally the best augments for scaled content.
    • Like x 2
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

yep. not sure why they thought it was a good idea to remove that stat adjustment from the new ones but here we are.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Just because they give more stats doesn’t mean they are better. That’s like saying the philosophers stone is better than transformation because it gives more stats. What matters is what passives they give. Would I want something that gives me 1000 more stats or something that cuts the damage of specific attacks? Look at the head augments for SGe. Would you rather have more stats or have decreased damage from the madness meter?
  4. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The last time adaptive augments had effects worth looking out for was Wonderverse. But there are definitely a few instances where that effect can be useful.
  5. Trykz Dedicated Player

-3k power
    -6000 health

To get +450 resto

And most augs have some kind of extra loot, or damage reduction on them.

Idk if it’s a good swap honestly.
    • Like x 1
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

its a much greater difference in scaled content and idk how much the difference is with a resto focused setup. I'm losing a lot of resto due to op items but gain more healing with dom, which works against these augments % ofc. But generally its not too bad.
    • Like x 1
  7. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

It's less about the stats in "actual" endgame content and more about your general "walking around" stats. Like, against something in Sixth Dimension, yeah, I might still want those damage protections. I also might not care because we're kind of overgeared for it now, even though it is scaled.

Chaos Gotham? No, I want 6K extra might, thanks.

This would probably change a little bit if you're in Elite content as well - big attacks are bigger, bad status effects are badder, but I'd be lying if I said I was using any of the modern Augments outside of that specific application (and even then, I run the Elite solos and duos without switching). I like the extra pop too much.
  8. Wanning Comet Committed Player

So you're comparing a 2 rank 23 static augs to 2 rank 28 legion augs? I think you might want to recheck your numbers once you've finished your augs for this episode.

With precision augs I have almost a 6% increase in precision in open world Dakota when I use the episode specific augments, even when I look at using Dark Knight augs instead of Legion. I don't have resto augs to look at but the static augs for precision, should, in theory be at least 3% more precision than the legion or dark knight in static episode when they are equal lvl. \

I think some of your issue is that you didn't level the augs all the way and you are running a lot of older OP items, if you ran full level augs and you run current gear you'll have a lot more resto and the difference will be more noticeable, but idk if you make up for the lose of dom you gain from the OP items. I've never really looked at min/maxing healing so I'm not sure the tradeoff is worth it. You'd probably get a lot more power if you ran current level gear as well.

Edit: Just looked at the resto legion augs, I didn't realize their statistical calibration was at 5%, vital was also 5%, that does make a difference for the comparison to current augs, but might have more resto with the current augs once they are 28. I thought the calibration for the resto augs was similar to the dps and dom augs were it was only 1 or 2%.
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The funny thing is that the current augments are pretty much maxed (just missing final breakthrough) while the others are barely leveled. :D
    • Like x 1