Respawning times and health. Please...

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by 23rd Emperor, Sep 5, 2021.

1. 23rd Emperor Active Player

I'm actually gone lose it. This guy is ALWAYS engaging me when I'm lower than 50% of my health, and whenever I kill him he always respawns in like 1 second and it's so annoying and by the time I respawn he has FULL health. I can't stand this. And the fact that I can't even use a soder cola makes me even more mad. I'm not even in the fight, I killed the guy already. Why can't I use a soda cola? And you may also say that oh, I can just use those restoration barrels, can't I? No, because I destroy them all before engaging in my second battle. I hate it when the other player brings the barrels to the center, so I destroy them all. If I were to do the same, that would be hypocritical, and I try not to be as hypocritical as possible. So please, Developers. I can see that you guys know PvP exist, disabling trinkets and soder colas in Legends, but that does not help at all. Nobody was complaining about that. What we were complaining about was why PvP is so broken with its mechanics. Like the blocking delay like I want to tap it and not have to wait a whole second for it to actually release because then within that time skilled PvP players will block break me and I will be knocked down.

But the whole point of this post is that I'm very upset with how Legends and Arenas were designed. I'm playing Legends, and I'm still so disappointed. I can see that they have updated PvP but I actually view it as being made worse. Why did they disable trinket use and soder colas in PvP? I always see the soda cola as a second chance and I only use it when the other player uses it. So what if someone uses in a fight. It's either if they pop the cola and I still beat them I will use the soder cola after the battle so when they come engage at me I'm at full health just as they are, and it's so not fair. And don't even get me started on the respawn times. I hate the fact that it is random. I'm always having to wait 10 whole seconds to respawn while my opponent has to wait a mere second to respawn, and knowing that really cringes me and upsets me to my core. So please, developers, I know you guys see PvP. Please just listen to me. Enable soder colas, please, and also something great that I would highly consider is during 1v1s, restore the player to full health before the opponent engages them while they're not even halfway at their health. And also, fix the respawn times! It honestly just makes the game worse every time you spawn for different seconds for both of the players, like I don't want to wait 10 whole seconds to respawn when the other player is sitting there feeling good about himself while my points get eaten away. I want to get back to combat as soon as possible so I can stop my points from going down!
  2. NorthernYahoo New Player

Sometimes the timer works in your favour, sometimes it doesn't. It's not an issue as far as I'm concerned, as it is fair.
  3. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

They should just simply regenerate your health at a faster rate per defeat.
  4. 23rd Emperor Active Player

If you read my post, clearly it is unfair as the player continues to respawn much quicker than I am and engage on fighting me when I'm low. Regenerating isn't fast enough for me. If only the Devs made it simple where ever time someone dies, it takes 10 seconds for them to freaking respawn. Why do they have to be so different than the other fair games? Just make it 10 seconds or something!
    • Like x 1
  5. 23rd Emperor Active Player

You mean victory?
    • Like x 1
  6. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

Yes lol

The recovery speed should be fast otherwise you will be handicapped when the opponent respawn, and that is not balance imo.
    • Like x 1
  7. Brit Loyal Player

The respawn timers work identical for all players.

There are set respawns. It's like every 10 or 12 seconds or something; I forget the exact amount, but the respawn happens like clockwork. You can map it through your match timer.

This actually serves an important purpose. It forces teams to rally.

If every player had a player-specific respawn timer, let's say 5 seconds for example, then when your group dies it goes like this.

4v4

A dies.
    B dies.
    C dies.
    D dies.
    A respawns alone. Starts back in. Is instantly killed in a 4v1.
    B respawns alone. Starts back in. Is instantly killed in a 4v1.
    C respawns alone. Starts back in. Is instantly killed in a 4v1.

See the problem?

With the set timers.

A dies.
    B dies.
    C dies.
    D dies.
    A, B, C, & D all respawn at the same time. Yes, this means that A had to wait 10 seconds and D only had to wait 1 second, but the important part is that they all spawn at the same time and they all re-enter the match as a group.
    A, B, C & D re-engage in a 4v4, but the team that won previously is still partially wounded. This time, they kill 2 members of the other team before dying.

And so on.

The single-file parade of marching to your death in a handicapped match is not fun for anyone, and that's what happens if everybody has a personal respawn timer. The set respawns force groups to rally together, so that after a wipe you aren't just doomed to lose.
    • Like x 1