ReShade/SweetFX? 3rd Party Post Processing

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Deadran, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Deadran New Player

Been checking out old videos and posts/pics regarding enhancing DCUO's graphics.
    I gotta say that it does look great, from what I've seen.

I was wondering if anyone knows if it even works anymore?
    I've tried several diffirent guides but the game just ctds

Here's a couple examples from some peeps a while back:

[IMG]

SweetFX Tutorial DCUO

And here you can see a diffirent comparison:

https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/1900/full/
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

This is a good question for the devs. Considering the screwed up the PC graphics when they merged PC & PS servers.
    Would using something like ReShade be considered breaking TOS by DCUO?
  3. Deadran New Player

Devs have acknowledged it openly and they didn't mention to remove it so it shouldn't be a problem, also, it's just lighting and colors it's not gameplay affecting

But yeah the PC/PS screw up is part of why I'm looking into this. Setting texture detail to "0"(high) instead of "1"(medium) in the ini files doesn't change anything either so there goes that hope for a simple fix
  4. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Considering that ReShade is a third party website and it could be redflagged as a possible cheat. The Devs need to acknowledge this again and pin which 3rd party websites are acceptable so that it is easily accessible for PC players.

DCUO has programs that redflag things like this as cheats when they are not.
    Are you willing to put an account that you have spent hundreds or thousands of dollars on at risk? Would you want a perma ban because of some color pixels? I'm sure that many other PC players don't.
  5. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Did you try any of the legal upgrades you can do with your graphicsdriver?
  6. Brother Allen Loyal Player

I remember this topic from years ago and the Developers did not have a issue with it back then but this was many years ago. I also remember prior to us having the option to disable the UI, Odyssey was able to figure out how to alter the UI in DCUO and remove it completely from the screen so they could do videos showcasing the beauty of DCUO. Developers back then confirmed that they were okay with this alteration of the game as well as it did not effect game play. This of course spawned the UI option that we now have of us disabling the UI via a quick and easy setting.

But like you said Knarly, "the Devs need to acknowledge this again" as to avoid any confusion.

EDIT: Found the video by Odyssey where they removed the UI prior to the removing of the UI was an in-game option:

• Like x 1
  7. BumblingB I got better.

Haha, yeah Odyssey weren't using any changing programs but forcing a bug to happen to make the UI disappear. Which was a bug that I think still riddles the game today.

They added the toggle to the menu because they didn't like the idea of the bug having to be forced and really liked the idea of machinima videos that promote the game.
    • Like x 1
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Ah cool deal. Never heard back then that they achieved that by a bug. I just remembering they did not want to talk about it on the forums about how they did it and I wasn't close enough to any of the Odyssey guys at that time to be like "Yo. How you do that?" lol.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

IIRC it was how they forced the bug that they were worried about.