Reset Times

Discussion in 'Oracle’s Database (Guides)' started by undrline, Jul 27, 2023.

1. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Current Server Status

[IMG][IMG][IMG]

Daily Server Maintenance Downtime (and Game Updates)
    6a Pacific (may vary with savings time versus standard time)
    This can last 20 minutes to an hour, usually around half an hour.
    They give a six to eight hour window for Game Updates, but usually it lasts about four.

Daily Rewards (aka Dr Fate Rewards)
    Noon Pacific?
    Dailies (eg: Daily Open World Missions, On Duty PvE less than 8 players)
    Midnight Pacific (may vary with savings time versus standard time)
    Loot locks can be reset with Replay Badges

Weeklies (eg: Bounties, Raids)
    Midnight Pacific, Thursdays (may vary with savings time versus standard time)
    Loot locks can be reset with Replay Badges

Membership
    Literally the time you bought it, for however many calendar months you bought

Link to this Post
    • Like x 4
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

For the sake of not getting the terms "Daily Restart" and "Daily Reset" mixed up could you reword it to "Daily Maintenance"? Weekly loot locks reset at Midnight Pacific Time, not after maintenance. Weekly bonus weeks begin after maintenance.
    • Like x 1
  3. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Thank you. Much cleaner now, if you could check the work.
  4. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Updated with current server status, some flourishy flair, quote from Mepps saying that daily dr fate awards are a set time, and that he'd look up the time zones.
  5. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Made it more clear that Game Updates coincide with Daily Resets.
  6. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Added tinyurl links. DCUOReset already pointed here, but I registered DCUOStatus too.
  7. Cyfaill Well-Known Player

Nice post, just a silly question, why use pacific time instead of GMT? I mean with GMT anyone in the world will easily now the time since every country has a GMT + [number] or GMT - [number]
  8. Miranda31 Well-Known Player

I missed the first posting, apologies. As I'm outside North America, I've had to make myself notes so I can track what happens when, depending on the time of year.

I agree, server maintenance/downtime is always at 6 am Pacific, whether Standard or Daylight time, and therefore varies for me by up to 2 hours due to US clocks and Aussie clocks going forward or back at different times (I experience this as 11 pm, midnight or 1 am)

However I understand that the daily reset is at midnight OR 1 am because the server stays on Standard PT all year even when the west coast is on PDT. So the reset occurs at 6 pm in Sydney, Australia, as this is the equivalent of midnight standard Pacific time, except when our clocks go forward 1 hour for Daylight Saving (AEDT), at which time it occurs at 7 pm.
  9. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Like Miranda31 said, there could be multiple countries' daylight savings times involved, so it isn't based on GMT, it's literally based on Pacific Time. Although DCUO was headquartered in Austin, TX they used Pacific as their reference in communications since game launch, probably because they were owned by SOE. Now that they are owned by DBG, which is headquartered in CA, Pacific time is probably their point of reference for the same reason.
    • Like x 1