Request: Screenshot of Batman Helm on Pixie female with materials

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Vantabat, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Vantabat New Player

Materials are extremely expensive and there is no preview option. So, I thought I'd turn to the folks on the forum to see if anyone having the right stuff could "model" it and post a screenshot so I'd have an idea if it looks right.

My main is a Cassandra Cain Batgirl type. For her head, I'm using the Batman helm with the Split Personality face. Darkening out the eyes without losing all the shading is what I'm primarily after.

I would like to see what it looks like with the Void material, primarily, but not the utterly solid black I see people use. Stealth or any other material that might be cajoled into fulfilling the sought for look.
    Thank you.
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

You could try the Costume thread, lot of talented people hang out there
  3. Vantabat New Player

Thank you for the recommendation. If materials were affordable or there was a simple preview option, it would make all this simple. But alas!
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Understood, that's why you should check out the Costume thread: people there have (almost) every material and style, and love showing them off :D

It might say 'Costume Contest', butt, like the "Last Post Wins" thread, the 'contest' ended years ago and it's just a 'Costume Display' thread now :)
    • Like x 2
  5. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Stealth material is probably what you'd want to use, then. It keeps a lot of the costume piece details while maintaining a dark look. With the Void material you'd have to go with a grey of some sort to get details to show up.

There would be challenges with both materials, though. If you go with Stealth you'd probably have to use it on most (if not all) of your costume pieces to maintain a uniform color and might lose some color highlights on other pieces of the outfit. With the Void material, however, you'd end up with a slight glow coming off the outfit if you don't go pure black (which might look odd given the character you're emulating).

For example, this is using yellow with the Void material.

[IMG]

You'd probably end up getting the same glow around the edges if you went with a version of grey instead of pure black.

EDIT: This is something of what it'd look like if you only used the Stealth material on the head and not the rest of the outfit, even if you went with an all-black outfit.

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. Vantabat New Player

Thank you! The stealth on the head looks really good for what I'm going for.