[Request] Open the Quantum AM to the Space tree

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by same Johnny, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Absolix Loyal Player

When you are a Dps damage tends to drive what loadouts are viable, in this case damage drives players to do the same thing they have been doing to in order to get the best damage, and if you don't like the one second delay in Warp Barrage, then you aren't going to like Singularity's 3 seconds.

Time Shift has a 1 second animation like just about every other power Quantum has. It is just as "impossible" to block out of it as it is for other powers. Also, you can jump during Time Shifts animation in order to move. Time Bomb is the only AM that this can't be done with. Other than that you can clip lunges. Quantum has the same mobility as every other Advanced Interaction.

Like I mentioned above, the problem is that they have no reason whether it be utility, AoE, or damage. All of the reasons to chose one power over another all would encourage the use of the same Time powers over the Space powers without introducing powers that would force more adjustments to not overbuff Quantum's single target damage. I would still find myself using the same loadout and rotation, no increased variety.

Singularity, the targeted pull, a trolling aspect unique to Quantum, is also a defense debuff. Gravity Well is the highest damage 8 person stun, and can even stun after the initial cast. Gravitonic Field grounds. Also it has all the stuns that would allow a tank to still pull the enemies. Einstein's Ray is a single target pull and stun that can be used at the peak of a jump to pull past you. Alcubierre Wave is an AoE push that can affect enemies behind you.

There's definitely more to the Space tree trolling than you are giving it credit.
  2. Red Jenni Loyal Player

That's you, though, not everybody. Specializing in the space tree would fit my toon's them more, but it just doesn't work as well. If there were an equal AM on the other side, it would give people a choice, and choice is good.
  3. Absolix Loyal Player

Anything other than the Time tree would result in less Dps without major adjustments to some powers and possibly how the AM works. Realize that having choices still doesn't prevent people from still using the same one or two loadouts. Even with something as well designed as Gadgets' AM still has people all using Gauss Grenade, Fear Gas, and Cryo Foam for their 3 PIs.

I am not against a second AM, but that runs into the same problem as redesigning powers for the current AM. It would need a lot of time and resources that it is just not likely going to be dedicated to such an endeavor just for sake of variety, at this point.
  4. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Guys quantum is done,it got its mid range it's done.
  5. AgentX44 Committed Player

Way to spoil the party :p It's not done as long as there are still OP powers. :p Like how I hear Mental's midrange update is. :)
  6. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

it's is done, i am not spend time to argue with you, Devs already said The play styles is gonna stay the way it is. Mental is getting adjusted.
  7. AgentX44 Committed Player

if there will still be unbalanced powers, the community will still ask for more, and you know this.
  8. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

Lmao Later i already said what i need to.
  9. Red Jenni Loyal Player

2 choices are better than 1. They could easily make 1 power in the space tree act as Time Bomb and have a few gravitonically charged powers that lead into it.

'nuff said
  10. Absolix Loyal Player

It wouldn't be as simple as that, and it would still either end up with either end up with too much singe target Dps or be less useful than the Time tree still.

There is almost no chance that Quantum is going to get a huge change when it isn't even getting updated just because Mental is getting a chance at maybe getting a smaller change while it actually is getting updated on test.
  11. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I am aware that it would be a while, that other powers need updates much worse than quantum does, and for me this has absolutely nothing to do with mental, except that mental is also a 1,2,3,4 power.
  12. Absolix Loyal Player

The entire reason this thread was created was because someone believed that since Mental is likely getting an additional small change in it's AM update that it would be possible for Quantum to get one. It is the entire basis for this thread existing.
  13. Red Jenni Loyal Player

I am aware of that, just speaking for myself.