Request for the lifting of cross faction communication blocks

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tharkis, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Tharkis The Pretty Kitty Princess

In light of cross faction PVE being added to cross faction PVP, I have a request that, at a minimum, the inability to send tells across factions be lifted. Gaming is a lot about the social interaction and community built up by grouping, and sometimes even something as simple as a tell after a match or instance "hey was nice fighting with you / against you, hope to see you around" can make a huge impact in the sense of belonging and the tightness of a community.

At this point in the age of the game, I see no reason why we can not communicate across faction. There is a Versus channel, which allows cross faction communication, but even after years of asking it is STILL not turned on by default for new characters, and many players are unaware that this avenue of communication even exists.

I personally dont see any reason why the chat channels should not be 'merged', shout, say and tells.

-Tharkis
    • Like x 17
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

It's something that I can see both sides of the argument.

In SWG there were no faction communication barriers, so for the longest time I got used to seeing comments (and attempts at insults lol) from the other side and overall being able to talk to them and even joke around a bit. Even with people on opposing sides, it kind of helped keep the community together. So the lack of that communication in this game kind of surprised me.

But given how badly this community can act in same faction chat, it's not tough to imagine things being taken WAY too far in short order. I think folks might need to show they can play together nicely to begin with before they allow us to start talking to each other.
    • Like x 2
  3. Hraesvelg Always Right

I'm sure it's coming. Before too long, there will be only one faction. We'll get so many messages about "Think of how many resources it will free up!". And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?
  4. Enickma Dedicated Player

I'm still undecided about the public chat channels, but I agree with the OP, the ability to send cross-faction tells should be implemented. I don't see much difference between that and sending mail (other than the ability to send items, of course).

Also, mew Tharkis =^.^=
    • Like x 2
  5. Ully Committed Player

I think it's time to lift the block or at least let the players decide as a disable/enable option.
    • Like x 1
  6. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Really?
    • Like x 4
  7. DEMONIZER1 Loyal Player

Anyone ever play MAG on the PS3?

That game had the best prox chat I've ever seen in a game - so fun!

IA ARMY
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

Not a fan of Yeats? I've always loved that bit of imagery to portray something as ominous and inevitable...
  9. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

I would like to add to this...

1. Please let us create groups across fractions
    2. Please create a single LFG for both fraction
    3. LFG from the other fraction should have a second color so we know when a player is from another fraction
    4. Trading (not sure if this is possible)
    • Like x 4
  10. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

In a thread about being able or not able to text chat with other people.
    • Like x 1
  11. undrline Issue Tracker Volunteer

Interesting. That's not usually the quoted line. And, the usual quoted line would be more fitting, in some ways:
    Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
  12. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

*faction

Couldn't resist
    • Like x 2
  13. akaivy Dedicated Player

I can't believe that we can still surprise you....
    • Like x 2
  14. Hraesvelg Always Right

I just see it as another signpost on the inevitable march toward complete unification. The handwriting on the wall started when Jens made a comment about no one wanting to play villains. Merging of the AH, cross faction queues, possibly merging the chat system.... I'm resigned to my fate, but not overly happy about it. And I know there will be people that are happy with that outcome, cheering it all the way. Should I hold my feedback until the Developer Discussion thread about the merge, after all of the groundwork is already done and it's a fait accompli?

Perhaps I shouldn't use literary allusions. I need to know my audience.

"This r bad, and all the devs r bad lol"

Perhaps I should nerd it up a bit?

"So this is how villain side dies... with thunderous applause..."

Does that fit the mold for feedback you were expecting? Eh, might be time to walk away from the forums for the day.
    • Like x 2
  15. Miss Adora Loyal Player

I wish we can send tells crossfaction. I have friends that play both sides, be nice to be able to send tells.
  16. IIThe QuestionII Loyal Player

I'd go with: "They played us like a darn fiddle!" :D
  17. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

It did, the best possible prox chat, if you got real close you could hear them breathe into the mic just before you put a knife in their back, then sit and listen while they hurled every insult in the book :D
    I died a little inside when they finally shut down the servers.
    • Like x 1
  18. DawnOfKhaos Well-Known Player

So can you chat with them in the instance or no?
  19. megamanzero Loyal Player

fractioned..but whole.
    • Like x 1
  20. ACW37162 Loyal Player

This is what happens when people read Yates.

Just kidding, it shows a bit of panache even if I had no clue until you explained it.

On a side hard serious just kidding not kidding note don't start drinking heavily
    • Like x 1