Removing The Blue Immunities from pvp

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by MyDpsIsBetter, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

I have been here for quite sometime now. Been playing since pretty much since 2011 as many of you know, and I can say with a straight face nothing good has ever came out of the blue immunities many forget the system was design for players that didn't stand a chance in pvp. The system is very inaccurate, and caused pvp into a downward spiral it became a blue farming fest where players would run into large groups to get a blue proc to become immune. I for the longest time considered myself a staple and a voice in the pvp community in the past, I have been here since the beginning from struggling to do 75k in a pvp match "many know the pain in the past of getting that feat" and earning the very first set of pvp gear to voicing my feelings toward having no match making in the past.
    I know many of you follow the voices of others you trust because you think they are right but I urge you to think for yourselves and ask yourself honestly how fun pvp can become again and how it has declined since blues was introduced. So many power sets are limited because of this system, might damage is almost obsolete. Many players that wish to keep the system in place are the ones that have a long list resorting to thing's like ghosting and doging, broken power sets such as ice with reflect or gagdets with Neural Neutralizer and a list of other known broken things to gain a advantage to make a name for themselves and abuse it's system and wish to keep riding it not for the greater good of the games future.Thank you all for your time.
    • Like x 3
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

PvP population declining has more to do with something being ridiculously powerful (hard light as an example) or downright broken (as crowd control was for 7 game updates) and no action being taken. The lack of new players is due to a lack of incentives for many (feats) as well as adequate information regarding PvP.

Also as seen in numerous videos taken from test when immunity was removed, it completely broke the combat system. And before someone suggests shortening counter windows, I suggest you go back to find the readily available post from Tunso explaining exactly why windows had to be put in.
    • Like x 7
  3. MEBegnalsFan Devoted Player

Yeah it should be removed...but the exploiters will fight for it to stay...
    • Like x 3
  4. Ljubinka Well-Known Player

Exploiters? Do u even know what you are talking about?
    • Like x 6
  5. Atari 2600 Active Player

Might damage is obsolete because you are vulnerable to interrupt when you start your rotation because of Advanced Mechanics. Ice and Gadgets are not broken right now, in fact Gadgets is not used as a DPS powerset in Arenas because it's not as viable as Nature or HL for example. Ice is not broken but it is one of the top tier DPS Powersets in Arenas right now.
    PvP was fun back then because the population was high. The population started to decline because of broken powersets and broke Legends characters...not because of immunities. Immunities just started to separate all the best players from the good and the good from the average. To be able to land a counter on someone takes a bit of brain work and you get rewarded for it. If you are called an exploiter because you farm immunities then you are doing it right because you can punish people for the mistakes that they are making. There is no sensible reason as to why immunities should be removed. The only reason that keeps popping up is "The good old days" or "People are exploiting immunities" yet no one has yet explained how they are being exploited.
    • Like x 7
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

How much "brain power" do it take for a screen block? It has almost no risk because no bb have aoe, except hb i guess, or bb within a window. I won't blame immunity for pvp in it's current state entirely, season 3 was the straw that broke the camels back. Revert all changes to pre-season 3 except white mods to start
  7. bartngaue Well-Known Player

Isn't it about time we pull the trigger on PvP already? JEEZE.

Its not bringing in any $$$ and resources needed for pve are being wasted on PvP. PvPer's have already stated they don't subscribe or dropped subs.

This part of the game has gone gangrene and needs to be severed for the rest of the game to survive.

If keeping pvp is costing more to manage/update then the amount of $$$ its bringing in then shouldn't that be a tell sign its financially flat lined?
    • Like x 1
  8. 478874 Dedicated Player

I don't mean to interject on this discussion because I said my piece in the threads over the weekend, however, the blues of today are not the blues of past iterations. The original immunities were so powerful that they circumvented the group engine. When immunities were initially introduced, they did in fact drive tons of players away both for that reason and because they brought a multitude of combat errors, some of which still persist today(1). They were also introduced around the same as counters were changed from hard stuns to knockdowns. That change also caused many problems with the game play. The integration of both changes were far from seamless. People absolutely hate when game mechanics do not perform the way they are suppose to.

Today, the actual immunity bonus may be in a fact better spot than it once was. What continued to drive players away from PvP was the massive imbalances among weapons, characters and power classes exacerbated by PvE features, as well as glitchy game play. It would appear that most are open to analyzing the prospect of immunities in the future with the caveat that there are far more pressing matters at hand, such as damage from AM and WM, and class and character imbalance. Honestly do not think both sides are that far apart in what they want, perhaps it is more just the manner of communication and sequence of the adjustments.

(1) Most on the PS platforms
    • Like x 2
  9. Atari 2600 Active Player

How much brain power does it take to screen block? How much brain power does it take to AOE Block break then?! So you want PvP how it was when someone sat in the back and held Dual Pistol block break and block breaks everyone? That must obviously take a lot more brain power than screen blocking.

If someone screen blocks then you designate someone in your team to block break that person or you wait until the person blocks and you block break them then you can do your combo. You don't just keep doing your combos hoping for the best. As I said it seperates the best from the good and the good from the average.
    • Like x 5
  10. Karasawa Loyal Player

If HB is the only weapon that can AoE blockbreak, it's out of line.

Screen blocking in general is fine; it existed in pre-immunity days too. But screen blocking from taps is disproportionately effective just because they made taps AoE for some reason.

Taps should either be single target again or they should take out the 3-tap knockdown rule.
    • Like x 2
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

So if you ff someone and someone comes to screen block stop your combo bb the screen blocker, and start the combo over on the player that the screen blocker saved with hardly any risk. It would take more brain power for tge screen blocker to see where the aoe bb then lunge and sb with his counter immunity right? Or are you saying it take more thought to blindly sb? You keep talking about good vs avg, not saying you, but most players who were in the last pvp thread didn't do arenas until season 3, so the good made it so they could be good with changes they asked for.
  12. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm not sure if hb can, i was told they were in another thread, it's the tap melee hold range i was told, maybe i said it backwards
  13. Atari 2600 Active Player

I can't respond to that English, I don't even know what you are trying to say.
    I've done arenas and Legends since beta, it's why I play the game. All I understood from the above statement is the blind screen block part. If you are blindly screen blocking then you obviously don't know what to screen block. You designate a person to screen block for the person who needs it. If the other team is smart they block break him, if they're not...they get punished for it.
    3 years ago...1 or 2 people sat in the back, held down their block breaker and that was it. Right now, you have to actually think to know when you have to Block break or screen block or do anything. Back then you just had 1 or 2 people on block break duty and 3 people just do combos.
    And HB is the only weapon at the moment that can AOE block break, since you didn't even know that, I'm not sure how viable your knowledge is on this topic.
    • Like x 1
  14. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I said hb was the only aoe sd, and i said not saying you. Whenever a player syart with insults, they have nothing logical to say. I don't pvp no more like most other players, that's why the devs are trying to figure out ways to bring it back. Most players on the usps rather they agree or disagree see some players from pc trying to turn arenas into legends.
    • Like x 1
  15. SUPERXTROID New Player

someone with common sense ;)
    • Like x 2
  16. Twelve Gauge Committed Player

I would have been on board with the removal were it not for the high damage/quick death potential in arenas atm with AMs and OP powers. I kinda have to agree that some other things need to change first to where pvp takes on some semblance of balance before they take out one of the few survival tactics we have. Jmo fwiw, i don't do arenas much these days and i quit legends a long time ago.
  17. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Some of the good players you speak of was nobodies before Blue's tbh Atari..... farming blues takes zero skill it is a crutch... The main players fighting for blues were getting smashed in pvp because they lacked the ability to burst, and clip properly all these updates have been directed toward bringing everyone equal in terms of ability to play the game.... Things like WM and AM are clear proof of that. It is a fact before blue's were introduced nobody was saying hey we need a system in place where we can block and become godly, to say running in the middle of a fight and holding block requires skill is absurd.
    • Like x 1
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

People keep saying it's a crutch but can never manage to explain anything about why with any string of logic to it.
    • Like x 4
  19. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Tari it is a fact back in 2011-12 it required more skill knocking when to Trinket and burst, bb ect. When I first returned back to this game like 2 years ago I was greeted with a state of pvp where all people were doing was going gagdets farming for blues while standing back block breaking then using photon Blast. The Blues have been the root to a lot of cheese since they were introduced don't get me started on how broken deadly block was with the blues.
  20. MyDpsIsBetter Dedicated Player

Well ill try my best to explain deeper then many may can if you allow yourself to understand. Back in 11-12 it was a lot faster pace, clipping and countering many players would get stomped in pvp because they could not understand clipping and proper counters back in my time with the league exclusive we showed a video of how bad some players were at the game by uploading a video of winning a match with no weapons to encourage the devs to introduce a match making system. The answer to those crys from the pvp players of that time was Blues, it was introduced to give players a chance to fight back instead of at that time giving most of us what we really wanted which was a way of playing who we wanted to play. All I ask is you try to think is this system truely needed? and did you require it before it was introduced.
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.