Remove PvP Restrictions from Arenas

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Raven Nocturnal, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Entirely? Perhaps that will make them more desirable again?
    Also possibly curbing some PvP complaints for a while in the process.

Or a toggle option (rather than copy-pasting then into their own section). So players can go all out like in Open World. Players seem to still love doing that, and since they seem to prefer dueling (i.e. all day in HoL) nowadays over arenas anyway because of it.

"Broken" or not, better than nothing, and if it doesn't work would it really matter?
    • Like x 1
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I'd be more inclined to believe folks love going all out like in Open World if there weren't still arguments and complaints taking place when someone breaks a "rule" in dueling (i.e. No Soders). LOL
    • Like x 2
  3. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Idk, I've only ever seen those rules in dueling. Open World was always free-game on Xbox. Anything goes.
  4. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Someone always gets salty, from what I've seen. Poor winners and losers, and all that.

Whenever I've engaged in PvP, it's been a "red=dead" mentality. I don't care if it's a duel or all-out fighting, I'm going to come at my opponents with everything allowed by the devs. The number of people in this and other games who try and make "unwritten rules" in PvP were one of the reasons why I don't usually bother with PvP, if not actively avoid it.
  5. The Con Dedicated Player

Or just give me my Austalia feat.....

:mad:
  6. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Oh yeah, and this could also make a multi-person scrimmage feel more like a "group duel" in which would be pretty cool.
  7. BumblingB I got better.

I don't see this enticing players to actually jump back into arenas. Sure, they can use their trinkets, white modes, artifacts, etc, but they still have to deal with how PvP is. It's not really worth the time when they can be doing other content that will progress their gear. Which has really been the mentality of a lot of players since I started playing.

With that said, it can't hurt, but keep in mind, if they ever do want to balance, they would have to return these restrictions otherwise it wouldn't be balanced.

Dude, why'd you drop an orbital on me!?
    Because you took a soder.
    It was an accident bro. I hit it on accident.
    • Like x 1
  8. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Perhaps, but since they are still "working" on a balance for PvE, a PvP balance seems a bit out of reach. I only suggested this as a simple thing for the "now". Like you said, can't hurt. I also only figured it might get people back into arenas because as it stands, I've heard 10,000 excuses from folks not wanting to do arenas because they are "stripped of their progress" (geez, sounds familiar lmao). So, with those restrictions removed, perhaps they won't lag up HoL as much. If anything, baby steps I suppose.

Edit: Forgot to mention the feats. This would definitely encourage players to get those feats more of they aren't being restricted and run the risk of looking like a fool because they are so used to open-world PvP and dueling.
  9. BumblingB I got better.

I can guarantee the amount of "It's broken" and "they are cheating!" comments will far outweigh the "I lose progression." ones after this kind of change.

Also, feats don't entice them now, I don't think it will entice them after either. You still gotta deal with what's broken in PvP. lol Can you imagine, power chest mod, MAM, Manacles, and Quislet combo on an Atomic tank? *shudder*
    • Like x 1
  10. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

So be it I say :p
  11. Henoshock Well-Known Player

I'd say most people are frustrated by lack of balance and updates to PvP more than being clamped or anything. Stealth powers definitely aren't fair, Healers and Tanks are too hard to kill, some powers just spam you to death, etc. We'd probably see a return of dedicated PvPers if weapon skill was brought back and made more impactful. Also any progression... new gear, new Legends, new PvP-specific Trinkets or maps, we need something to put PvP on the radar.

I honestly prefer Arenas without the base trinkets or extra consumables (though allowing PvP debuff grenades could help). I just want to fight people, not track or worry about random cooldowns.