Remember the extra hairstyles request?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Liongale, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Liongale Dedicated Player

I know there is so much always being added to the game and I super appreciate it. I got no complaints! I just want to... y'know... maybe bring up that some new hairs still might be maybe thrown in an update one day, or maybe a collection of hairstyles sold on the Marketplace?

I really want to not wear a hat anymore, but none of the hairstyles fit my character. I gotta get me that double-pig-tail style (that's not so far out like Metalhead style)! I know others wanted different styles. If it was a Marketplace feature, it would be worth it because it would be paid-for work, right? *hopeful* ;;

Anyway I know you can't put it in game now or anything but I just wanted to be like, well, if I don't say anything then there will be no new hair! So yes, I will just leave this thread right here~

edit: Here, I dug up some of Liongale's art and picked out an example here what I meant. I know others have other hair requests too!

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  2. Minnion Devoted Player

I support your request.

That aside I'd also like to see glowing, cosmic and water variants of our hairstyles...
  3. Horrorshow New Player

Liongale! Where have you been!? I have not seen you on the hero side in forever. :(
  4. The dark knight New Player

If I recall correctly, Jens said in a video (sorry, can't remember which one it was...but I'm pretty sure it was within the last 4 months, probably FNL @Askdcuo) that hairstyles were just too hard, because hair required a lot of effort and needed work with every other bodyparts' styles.
    Which I find ridiculous in itself but especially considering most hairstyles we already have in the game don't fulfil the criterion that he brought up as a justification to not give us new hairstyles. So it's not like the devs have paid any attention to that in the past, but now it's brought up as an excuse. -.-
    So judging from what Jens said on that video, it seems there won't be any new hairstyles, no matter if you remind them or not...
  5. John Brawler Committed Player

clipping problems with head, shoulder, and back pieces i think he said the main problems were, even though most shoulder pieces that exist now, and especially newer styles clip horribly with back pieces, the newest back pieces clip horribly with everything, and the newest head pieces often have trouble fitting with their own sets. compared to using clipping as an excuse not to do with something that people are asking for to avoid head styles that they find ugly it's very stupid as an excuse overall.
  6. Liongale Dedicated Player

We had a lot of mandatory overtime at work, so I was working 60 hour work weeks, sometimes 80! For six months, so no time for gaming. But I've still been following DCUO news. We just trained more people so I can finally have more time to play, yay~
  7. Raijin1999 Loyal Player

Harsh. Hope they paid well.

The wig initiative would help in this case. The issue the devs have with creating new hairstyles is making them work with all the various headgear styles, requiring more editing than their skeleton crew is capable of doing without it being turned into a marketplace item they can be assured to see huge profit margins from.

Not sure about the profit margins in a game that can't retain it's own player base, but going the route of wig items that function as headgear would negate having to worry about putting any hats on, since the style would BE the head style. Thus they can add in new wigs at a level folks would understand as not being compatible with other headgear styles.
    • Like x 1