Redirected Rage Terrible?!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Miike Fury, Jul 23, 2014.

1. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

I always felt like this shield was terrible, but didn't realize how bad it was until yesterday.
    I know other powers' shields go based of stats and such, but how does this shield determine how long it will last?

I was doing the aqua man mission on the boats trying to secure one of those terminals, so I figured it would be easier to do so with a shield. so I went ahead and adjusted my load out just to fly thru this.
    im a modded, geared, T6 tank. I can literally leave my controller on table and let the hit me for over 30 minutes and they wont even put a dent in me.
    but yet when I pop the shield to defuse the terminal, sure enough I get knocked out of the shield and off the terminal..

seriously?! it takes about 5 power points just to unlock this damn shield and its REALLY that bad?!
    am I missing something? am I not using it right? is it based off a stat im not focusing on?

WTF?!?!
    • Like x 4
  2. Senexys Well-Known Player

Redirected rage only last for the next 3 hits, IIRC similar to ice`s reflect but i dont know if redirected rage have a damage cap like reflect and if im right it haves a longer cooldown than reflect.

Each powerset works in a different way but the reason of reflect working like that is due to the 90% defense/toughness buff ice gets, earth have something similar (gemstone shield) i dont see any reason to leave redirected rage like it is, even with the rage crash mechanic it will be capped at your dominance and restoration.

They should lower the cooldown and the power comsuption to 250, is by far one of the worst shields out there, not even worth the power point, at least as a tank 3 hits regarless of damage and BAM shield destroyed.
  3. Zpred Dedicated Player

By far the worse shield on the game atm
    • Like x 1
  4. xskateXX Well-Known Player

your rage
    why the hell would you need a shield
    • Like x 2
  5. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

well, I don't.
    but if im running a DUO and my teammate goes down, he's basically staying down since I wont be able to pick him up.
    its already risky enough for Rage to be picking up people as it is, if they activate rage mode, they will likely crash while picking someone up risking further damage
  6. xskateXX Well-Known Player

lets just say
    if rage will got an decent shield
    it will be too op
  7. Sabigya Steadfast Player

At least your powerset has a shield [No matter how weak].
    • Like x 2
  8. savageprime New Player

Are you in dps role trying to use said shield? Dps role even with tank gear will make shield weak.
  9. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

no, im in tank role.

but in this case, I don't think it would matter.
    I think the shield is just bad, and to be at the bottom of a tree is just ridiculous.
  10. PspaceJason Well-Known Player

I haven't used it extensively yet, but I can see certain benefits. So far, the best use I can think of is clipping your rage cancel with Redirected Rage and then blocking until you can reinitiate rage mode. It's another free health buff going into your vulnerability window, and could soak a heavy hit or two while you're not healing damage back.

Of course, if you're being swarmed by adds, the shield will be gone immediately, but then you're still getting the additional huge health buff from casting it with multiple enemies around you.

It appears most advantageous against a single boss that hits really hard. In other scenarios, it seems difficult to claim Redirected Rage would have much benefit over using Remorseless Recovery or Bloodlust in the same place.
  11. MetalMario Loyal Player

I've never tried the shield personally, but if you barf on those guys from the seasonal they go down pretty quickly. Does hard light shield work the same way?
  12. Miike Fury Well-Known Player

that was EXACTLY why I was testing it out.
    in theory it seems like a great idea..hopefully you can clip out of that long animation (don't see why u wouldn't be able to)
  13. shadowstorm New Player

its a garbage power move! pointless in getting. dont waste your power point
  14. spack2k Steadfast Player

shield absorbing 2k dmg and thats it not based on any stat !

- 1 hit can already destroy the shield .