REALISTICALLY... what would it take for PVP to become a thing again?

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by AshocusTheMuse, Feb 17, 2024.

1. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

What do you HONESTLY think would help PVP get some much needed love

Full confession time, I suck at PVP... like SOOOOOOO badly, but I do think it's a key aspect to a community based game thriving. I know the devs kind of washed their hands with it years ago, but what in your opinion would make PVP work again?

My suggestions...
    1, New PVP game modes that aren't just capture the flag
    2, No Pets, Arts, Allies, or non PVP trinkets.
    3, New PVP gear sets.

AGAIN... NOT GREAT AT PVP LOL.
  2. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

First off power sets need a balance pass weapons need a balance pass iconics supercharges artifacts. Man you know what they totally didn't balance anything with this revamp it was completely rushed and the only thought in mine was pay to win. how can we make the most money fast #pveonly that's how take their stats away and make them pay for them back over 10 years. Yes a dirty idea which eventually people started to pick up on right from the start. We cannot have PvP with stats revamp there was no love for balance in mind
    • Like x 2
  3. Cypharr Committed Player

It'll be worthwhile is they tried PVP bonus week something like double currency or double the count for feats like x10 LPVE. This is worth a shot and I think it has great potential
    • Like x 1
  4. Var New Player

For it to be good again they need to add the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" mechanic back into the game. Atomic tanks are near unkillable. Electric healers and water healers are BUSTED. Mental and rage are too OP for damage. Not only that mental just needs to be nerfed to the ground.. honestly. I know personally when I go mental I know that not man people will be able to beat me because of reflect pain and pain blast. I also feel like they need to change combat the way it was in 2013. I'm a new gen but man I watch older clips of this game before the combat change and it looks so much more skill based than what you'd find today IF you could find it because queues are dead!
  5. loupblanc Dedicated Player

[IMG]

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  6. FluffyCloud99 Committed Player

Remove artifact effects/stats
    Remove Ally effects
    Remove Episode Augment stats
    Dps role ONLY in 1v1
    Troll debuff nerf (that **** to strong)

2x currency week and more feat progress weeks

Only things that should matter in PvP is GEAR and SKILL POINTS. Thats it.
    • Like x 1
  7. Captain Hideous New Player

Remove powers and roles.
    Have only iconic powers, movement powers, and weapons.
    Reduce cost of PVP gear AT LEAST in half. The fact that prices haven't been adjusted is a bit ridiculous.
    Nerf to lvl 34 as a baseline CR.

Basically, make it like Legends PVE. The current updates are far too geared towards PVE to revert back to original PVP (circa 2011-2014) as that's not how games work.
  8. Dev72 Dedicated Player

Removing the hackers and not implement items used for PVE in PVP instances would be a start. Second, would bring back the rock paper scissors mechanic. Finally, stop making adjustments for one side that ultimately has an effect on the other.....which is one of the reasons they stopped updating PvP.

No amount of extras they include which also includes extra feats and gear would amount to anything without the above being addressed.
  9. Dom-Eon Dedicated Player

Nothing. It's dead in the water

Pvp was the canary in the coal mine
    • Like x 1
  10. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Work on legends and just let arenas and open world die off
  11. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

It would take the removal of PC players.
  12. LoganCaron Active Player

Im PC player since at least 8 years and ive never cheated..not all pc players are cheaters..hated it when i gor in a pvp and got smked by speed hackers..i did report at least 3 to 4 players for it
    • Like x 3
  13. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

The Owlman is not calling all PC players cheaters. There are some very fine PC players The Owlman considers friends. If you took it that way The Owlman does apologize. On another note, the OP has no clue what PvP is. Arts and allies cannot be used in arenas. Dueling in the WT is not open world PvP. Toggling in the PvP phase is for cupcakes and is not considered open world PvP. Creating stat clamps and the revamp as well as making PvP gear useless in the open world is what killed Pvp. All of those changes happened because low skilled people complained on the forums about PvP feats being to hard to get and how it was not fair that the people who put in the time and skill to get those feats were good at the game and had better gear. The majority of those people that made those complaints no longer play the game because they got their wish and it turned out to be horrible for the majority of the population.
    • Like x 1
  14. AshocusTheMuse Well-Known Player

OK first, yes... I don't know much about PVP... but I always wanted to, alas... it feels like that ship has sailed... second... PC player haha and DEFINITELY don't cheat, I'm about as tech savvy as a constipated mongoose, I play this game for the simple joy of playing haha. Third, You do make valid points about low skilled players griping because they are having a hard time. Sadly, these are typically the most vocal people. and its the actions of the few that effect the many... Who knows, MAYBE we'll get something in the future... maybe not... *shrugs*
    • Like x 1
  15. Owlman 2 Well-Known Player

That ship has not sailed. It is sitting tied up at the docks. What The Owlman thinks is you are being beaten up in duels. That is why open world Pvp is a thing of the past thanks to the cupcakes on the forums who demanded for stat clamps and the revamps. Years ago the Pvp phase was the place to be. There was no time for the Lil Bo fashion show. It was killed or be killed. The beautiful thing about Pvp used be that it was never the same thing twice. It was always different each match and every open world battle. Today people use the same arts and wait for someone to toggle. Now you this new gen using tank and healer arts as a dps just because it keeps them alive longer doing a duel. Then they will go in a raid with the same arts thinking they are OP but not doing an ounce of damage. The Owlman blames the PC community for the destruction of Pvp because they are the ones who demanded the stat clamps and revamp simply because they couldn't compete without cheating. The Owlman does not claim all Pc players cheated when it came to Pvp, but a lot did.
  16. KidKretz Committed Player

marvel rivals announcement trailer dropped

sorry DCUO, but you had your chance at the pvp super hero market :p
  17. Android12 New Player

P
    you can’t compare a shooter to a MMO plus the marvel game looks like a complete copy of overwatch and 4 other games that completely the same I understand you hype but you can’t compare a Role playing shooter to a Role playing beat em up
  18. KidKretz Committed Player

sure can, the pvp in this game, in its prime, could have rivaled anything alive at the time and SHOULD HAVE been marketed as such. it's shame they let it go and chose to no longer update it.

i still had hopes, all these years, that this could be re-touched and make its stamp on the market of pvp games.

but now that rivals is coming, the window has officially passed.

and dont kid yourself "looks like a completely copy" oh IT IS a complete copy :p
  19. Chilontius Level 30

if you mean the pvp queue maps? They need to do an abilities pass, and disable artifacts and such, probably even augments, trinkets, etc. It's suffering from the same thing STO does, intruduction of new PvE mechanics that adversely affect PvP. Disable em in it. It's not fun.