RE: Community Styles Initiative

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Apollonia, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Apollonia Dedicated Player

It's really nice to see DI take more of an interest in this type of content and specifically engaging with the community. It's even more encouraging to see so many people participating. That said; when I was looking through submissions I saw a lot of art and designs that weren't official DC designs/artists. They're so good that fans can't tell they're not official! :) ... It got me thinking.

Why not take this initiative further? Why not have a "competition" for the community to design and submit what they want to have added to the game specifically. There's so much talent in the community it would probably be incredibly fun. Imagine being able to get your own original character's custom look added to the game or an aesthetic you always wanted to see put in?

Of course there's legalities. DC would have to approve of any chosen design. The creator would have to either relinquish creative rights to their designs or the Devs could offer winners a modest compensation of having their design turned into an ingame style obv, but maybe a year or 2 of membership plus DB bucks or something too. The obstacles shouldn't be too insurmountable.

tl;dr have a competition for the community to submit their own designs. winner's design gets turned into an ingame style set.

Thoughts? Would you participate? I know I'd participate. Devs, is it possible or something you guys would be interested in doing?
    • Like x 4
  2. Aduzar Light Dedicated Player

It's a good idea, but then I think a lot of people have been waiting for years for styles that they would like to see in the game and they're still not there. Adding this kind of idea would be even longer waiting and in my opinion, the game world still has a lot of possible styles to add.

Afterwards, if one day the game comes up short in style, this could be possible, but for now, there is still a lot to do, in existing style.
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I have a feeling were just gonna end up with a bunch of style we already were gonna get. 5 more batman suits, 3 superman and 10 wonder women.

I tried to google how many characters dc comics has and i think its more then five thousand. Why do people want different variants of the same 7 characters...

Idk it might b bc im not into the cosplay stuff but i just don’t understand why someone wants to be xxx batmanxxXxXxxx
    • Like x 1
  4. Apollonia Dedicated Player

I'll put you down for "not interested in participating" :)

Hmmm but here I'm suggesting the Devs have a truly community based interaction and hold a contest or challenge to come up with an original suit designed by people in the community that could made into an ingame suit.

I always think it's silly when the "i-don't-care-about-styles" people dismiss people who do care as "cosplay" or "roleplay". These are people who usually don't care about the superhero genre and are really only playing the game because of the action combat system or something and would move onto any other game with similar controls if it popped up. And they're the first people to care about the style if it's a heavy metal, goth or other dark aesthetic they don't usually get in a game that appeals to them. "i don't care.." really just means they don't like what's offered *so far*. :)
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Nope. I was leaning more towards i think its odd that people log into their characters and be like “ omg i look so much like ww” which is why i said i dont know why someone would want to be xxbatmanxxxxx
  6. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Yeah. I can’t fault anyone for what they like (one of my recommendations was even a Superman); but I see all of those Wonder Woman character recommendations and just shake my head. I haven’t done a count, but it feels like we’ve had *alot* of Wonder Woman styles in game already (and are sure to get more with future episodes).
  7. RodrigoVohx Level 30

Como coloco essa porra de imagem aqui?
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]

y voila!!
    [IMG]
  9. Apollonia Dedicated Player

You should post that feedback into the official thread and let the Devs and Mepps know you don't like that people might be able to dress their characters like iconics. Not much point in sharing that feedback here in this [unrelated] thread.

Again, to remind anyone reading and replying, the suggestion here is that the devs open some sort of contest to the community to design their own style set to get added to the game (if selected).