-Rant over PVP-

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Daynskonik, Jun 12, 2016.

1. Daynskonik New Player

The following is my rant on the current PVP (Openworld and dueling)

I've been a PVP enthusiast ever since I joined DCUO.
    I think around three years ago was when PVP was in its prime. However the way that DC has gone has let the true values of PVP go straight down the ditch.

Dueling:

Nowadays, people in the highest tier PVP gear will get absolutely thrashed by the burst that people in max CR PVE gear will dish out. The duels will last for about 10 seconds at most until one person can get a knockdown and burst them to 1/10th health (Usually, this is won by 5 seconds of smashing their face into the keyboard and powerspamming and constantly slamming the combos to the fastest weapons mastery they have in their loadout). I think this is a horrid waste of the in depth mechanics that pvp truly has to offer and I can honestly say that I enjoy the 15 minute duels against other healers or tanks that self heal(I'm a Sorc healer main) because it actualy comes down to who can best the other in managing their power efficiently and take actual skill to counter the other persons attacks. Before when PVP gear actually mattered in duels and weapons mastery didn't exist, it actualy took skill to counter your opponent and learning their techniques before you even considered being able to beat them. (Seriously, the amount of times people outgeared me yet still had no idea how to use their attacks was amusing)

PVP arenas :
    Also, what the hell happened to the scissors paper rock -role mechanics?
    How rare is it to find Trolls and tanks in pvp now?
    Healers counter tanks
    Tanks counter trollers,
    Trollers counter healers
    dps target priority targets ofcourse.

There was nothing more disheartening than seeing that big red heart beneath me as a healer or the triumphant red shield I could put over an enemy tank.
    It's rare to actualy find people that understand what to do as their roles. Sure everyone, focus the tank. Don't worry about the healer getting away with flying above you and spamming heals! Trollers please, you have natural stuns that will waste a healers power no matter what while benefiting your own healer. flaunt that ****.

Now, Instead of sitting at a distance and spamming ranged weapons mastery like all you PVE enthusiasts do 24/7. here's a little bit of education for you in your PVP endeavours.
    Ranged Beats Blocking
    Blocking Beats Melee
    Melee beats Ranged.

it usualy takes 3 hits before you get knocked down when someone's blocking unless they have immunity.
    What's immunity?
    That blue flashing you get when you counter someone. That's right, it's not just for pretty looks (Pretty sure it reduces a bit of damage too.)

In a 2v1? Don't target the same person, Farm immunity, usualy one person will spam ranged moves and the other will use their big melee combos since you can't block. Lunge, block repeat.

Also, people usualy have a natural reaction to block after getting knocked down. make sure if you notice the habit to abuse it!

Clipping:

Powers- Sometimes if you're lucky, you'll have powers that will cut into eachother animations. for example, I can shove out Shard of life, ritualistic word, rejuvenate, then Circle of protection and boon of souls in a matter of miliseconds becaue all of their animations intertwine. This is good when you need to burst.

Attacks - There's a time phase where you can hit a move and cut the animation off with a power. Usualy I do this with ranged so only a keen observer can tell I've sent off a ranged attack (Also, DC, Thanks for placing a giant *** shield/target/fist to show the blind people what I'm doing) . but also, in martial arts, I combo my smoke bombs with shard of life so even if I get blocked I will still get a bit of healing if I fall down.

Consumables - As a sorcery healer, I always have a set of karmic hexes for open world pvp so I can cut off the animation for my attacks instead of using my healing which soaks up power. Like the attacks above, work out the timing of your attack for when it connects and use your consumable and it will cut off an animation. (you can use consumables that have stunning effects and it's handy as hell!)

So how can we fix this lack of knowledge? I think a buff in the stats of all PVP gear would do the trick to make it so people can't just steam roll their way through PVE and then still best people in the PVP world with no skill at all. At this point, it's almost pointless to grind for PVP gear unless you constantly run arenas where it has no effect. What PVP gear needs is to stay above PVE gear every time a new DLC with higher Cr comes out otherwise we'll constantly fall behind and the domination between PVE and PVP gear will get wider and wider. With this improvement, people will have actual knowledge and redeem the dueling and openworld pvp aspect of the game that older players like me know and love.

also
    Pls make it so we start off in the pvp world again. I miss PD raids every friday night with my old league. It's **** like that that makes the game gold.
    • Like x 2
  2. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

By popular demand, I'm sure RPS is something the developers do plan in reimplementing in the future.
    • Like x 1
  3. Phill Committed Player

1. Clipping animations is BS and basically exploiting the game.

2. PVP gear was changed because players were exploiting PVP gear in open world T5 instances.

3. You can thank the cheats for the PVP gear issues.

4. PVP and PVE gear should be one and the same.

5. Having two separate sets of gear is a waste of programming.

6. All PVP gear needs to get dumped. why??? refer #5

* keep the styles for PVP but other than that PVP gear still needs to get dumped
  4. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

I disagree with all of that, especially from a pve guy giving an intake on how pvp should be ran.
    • Like x 5
  5. Lithiumz Well-Known Player

Obviously you hate PvP in DC. Stay in your PvE threads please. Clipping was apart of this game for a long time and still is. PvP is still great to me and others.
    • Like x 4
  6. Daynskonik New Player

okay.
    1. It's been out since the start of the game im sure if it was exploiting in any way possible then they would've fixed it by now.
    2. pvp gear didn't get changed? apart from it turning into a one for all role set of gear its stayed the same.
    3. There's no issues with PVP gear. It's just PVP gear has fell behind because they keep updating the PVE side of the game.
    4. No.
    5. Right because having 12 or so different pieces of gear out of the 5000 other pieces is a complete waste of programming.
    6. Pvp gear doesn't need to get dumped. the only way I'd understand pvp gear getting dumped is if they empower PVE gear with the ability to let people last longer than 5 seconds in a duel.

this is the most ridiculously biased reply I'll ever see. We get it, you don't like PVP.
    • Like x 3
  7. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

Love your response to #5; hilarious, lol.
  8. Daynskonik New Player

Logic though I mean cmon lmao
    • Like x 1
  9. Moxley Mayhem Dedicated Player

True, but like you said, he's biased. His kind don't seem to typically connect along those lines of logic, haha.
  10. Daynskonik New Player

True, It's disappointing though, I feel like some people enjoy the quick burst fights in PVE gear. I really don't understand it.
    • Like x 1
  11. Phill Committed Player

1. clipping was there at start and was not intended. Stated by the devs

2. PVP gear (stats) was changed along when some stats were changed with pve gear around GU47
    it goes back to players exploiting PVE instances with pvp gear.

3. I did not say there was anything wrong with pvp gear besides that its a waste of space.

4. Yes

5. yes, with the PS3...there needs to be more consolidation.

6. I like PVP. I get it your new and don't know these things, its ok I understand.
  12. Daynskonik New Player

1. It wasn't intentional but did they do anything about it?. Refer to 4.
    2. Pvp gear being exploited in openworld PVE has no place in this argument.
    3. "You can thank the cheats for the PVP gear issues." Contradicting yourself buddy? The only waste of space is your replies.
    4. No.
    5. I play PC. if PS3 can't handle it then it needs to be cut off.
    6. "I get it you're new and don't know these things" I've been playing since year one you tool. See the 'new player' thing under my profile pic? That just means I don't waste my time posting on forums all day unless it's important. but really, I don't give a rats *** if you like pvp or not. If you truly liked pvp you'd understand what needs to be done for it to be put back into its prime.
    • Like x 2
  13. Captain Carkus Well-Known Player

1. Could you find please provide a source?
    2. PvP gear was disabled in PvE for a while before GU47. PvP Gear stats was also unaltered around GU47. What was changed was the amount of Toughness it takes for 1% Damage Mitigation.
  14. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Most of those players know the counter system, but they rather just abuse the broken system of pve 1 shotting pvp players lol.
  15. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad One says this was a great thread to read and agrees with all that you have to say. The Iron Bull will bet money that you are a villain.
  16. Daynskonik New Player

True, but there's certainly people who seem to not be able to understand that spamming block is a death wish. lmao

Yes sir indeed I am a villain haha
    • Like x 1
  17. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Wasn't intended initially but players liked it so was intentionally left in... intended.
  18. Karas2016 Dedicated Player

Yup.
  19. Daynskonik New Player

So how can I get the important people that can actually make a change to see this? Is it just luck to hear back from them or do they pay attention to these forums and take in feedback from the public?
  20. SnowStar Committed Player

Is CEO Jackster's meet greet thread still running? Start a polite pm with the CEO or Mepps? Is there a council that speaks for pvp or try to get onto the community council if it still exists