Ranged Rage?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Zero303, Nov 15, 2022.

1. Zero303 Well-Known Player

is it viable for solo pve? or too many mellee powers?
  2. Wallachia Devoted Player

Almost anything is viable for solo pve, including Ranged Rage. Granted, you won't be as powerful as a rage melee, but you can still go by.

Rage has a good amount of damage boosts, so you can mount a ranged rage build.
    • Like x 1
  3. Cyclonic Dedicated Player

It's as good as most powers are with super speed and precision. The world is your oyster.

Might? You're kind of shooting yourself in the foot because you will eventually want to do elite content with a group and I'm going to get sick of picking your squishy *** up.
  4. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Rage range isn't the strongest, but with the right clipping speed and setup, you'll do fine.
    I've completed the elite content with Rage DPS, and my damage is contending or top.

Loadout:
    RSK, channel hate, heat vision, dreadful blast, neo venom, recovery/shield/infuriate.

Artifacts: trans, solar amp, grim
    Sp: all critical, might full. Rest wherever you want, depending upon setup.
    Start with heat vision so grim can apply PI, then dreadful combo clipped to channel hate (2-3 ticks of damage) tap range to cancel, dreadful combo clipped to HV (tap range it'll hit after the channel), dreadful combo- repeat above.
  5. Zero303 Well-Known Player

thank you sir/mam
    • Like x 1
  6. Wolfzx New Player

What rage melee means? Does that mean focusing the points on weapon damage? So does that mean you should play as precision? Or can it be melee and might?
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Melee means within close range of an enemy. Rage has a lot of power combos that require you to be in the enemies' personal space. You can be Might based with melee super powers or you can be Precision based with melee weapon combos.
  8. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Rage melee is strongest as might based (using powers) damage.
    I'll give you a few details for a good setup:

Might augments
    SP into critical attack/magnitude, max might. I put 100 into dominance, then aim for 100 resto, then health (so many attacks are percent based on health, so having a massive health pool isn't necessary). The dominance helps with your crowd control in solo and alerts, as well as strengthens self healing.

Mods:
    Head- berserk (%5 supercharge returned)
    Neck- escalating might
    Chest- penetrating strikes
    Leg- lacerate
    Foot- tumbling master
    Hands- max damage

Artifacts: transformation, Quislet, grim.

Loadout: RSK (robot sidekick), outrage, eviscerating chain, lacerate, remorseless recovery, berserk.

Rotation: outrage combo clipped to e chain combo clipped to outrage combo clipped to lacerate (2-3 ticks of damage, tap range attack button), restart.

Use remorseless recovery before fights, and clip it in when it's ready to use.
  9. Wolfzx New Player

Thank you guys. This is my last question (i swear). Does it matter what movement you have for the rage power?
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Not really but it is easier to fight with both feet on the ground so I would choose Acrobatics or Superspeed.
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Personally I think super speed is the best with Rage, so you can more quickly get into lunge range of the next set of adds.

If you run regular content, and are doing the most damage, you'll be pulling the aggro, so getting a little ahead can help since you're melee and not range.
  12. Wolfzx New Player

Thank you! I know I swore not to ask another question, but could you please tell me which loadout to use for open world pvp 1v1? I know pvp is dead, but I like to play against friends.
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Personal opinion, and it could be outdated, because I stopped pvp when it went to trash. But this is what I used to do.

Tank role
    Sp: all critical attacks, full precision, dominance as high as possible.

Powers:
    Without mercy (juggles players and heal), rage bringer (pulls players and heals), remorseless recovery (heals), weapon buff, ire, e chain (pulls and damages 1 person).

1 hand, or staff (for stuns and damage - both weapons).

Rangebringer someone, without mercy, slice em up, e chain, slice to finish em off.
    • Like x 1