Range is broken

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Fatal Star, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

In the video I'm using what normally are mid-range combos that are hitting from maxrange. Now it seems it only effect the 360 powers. Cones aren't effected, I used admonish which is a cone and that doesn't seem to hit from max range. Other people have said they noticed similar behavior with their powers.

Look into this, perhaps? Unless it's intended of course.
    • Like x 5
  2. Perdition Committed Player

They know, its all powers and even weapon combo’s like Bow/Smokebomb. Hell, even splosion hits for max range now. They all hit single target though.
  3. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Did not try the WM combos, but powerset powers are hitting at max range. I went o_O when I saw Neural Neutralizer hitting at range.

The Sonic Cry Iconic power still respects range. Did not try Boxing Glove.
  4. punoH New Player

Same with EMP Pulse and Orbital Strike. Oh damm they broke a lot of things with this update didn't they?
  5. Luke© Well-Known Player

Yea, had the same thought about this. After latest GU i can pull mobs which are way out of range, with my aoe pull. (Atomic)
    The GU messed up a lot, dont know even why, they only added style unlock + 3rd artifact o.o
  6. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

Might have been a good idea to put it on test server after all huh? Lol
    • Like x 4
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

I heard earth is doing 40k dps now because range is broken. In past experiences, when something is jacked up, it is fixed and is hit with the nerf hammer. This time might be different because so many powers are broken, but I expect a nerf hammer to something
  8. Original Cryo boy Committed Player

You heard wrong. Earth dps dont even do 40k from melee range. And all the melee moves that are hitting at range right now for some reason only hit single target. All the bug does for earth right now is allow them to safely jackhammer terra or deathstroke in elite from across the room.
    • Like x 1
  9. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

After reading about in the other thread thanks to another water player no names were mention of this testing Jareth is taking all the credit.

Water sprouts is the only one in water's tree that is like that as you can see i'm on the otherside of the freaking room and still hitting them.

i defenitly now think its a bug, because if it was intended why would it only be that one power? o_O

[IMG]
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

Someone is hitting 40k dps for earth. You just don't know about it. I heard right, you just don't know
  11. Schimaera Devoted Player

Give us proof. Just because someone is at 30m and does the same damage like in a 4m distance, it does not improve damage just like that. In fact, if you do 23k dps on melee and your melee abilities hit at full range, that's usually the same dps just from further away. And yeah, maybe there is a 40k dps 10seconds parse...if a SC is involved.

Also, why a nerf hammer? That literally makes no sense. If melee powers hit at 30m, then a fix is needed. There is no reason to nerf something if you need to fix it.
    • Like x 2
  12. Lord Jareth Steadfast Player

So with rage: as far as i got

Melee: now i don't know the powers of their name i don't main rage but i have played it and notice the changes.
    [IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

As you can see im far away from sparring targets but am hitting him. now defenitly a bug this range is more range than the range moves for Rage.
  13. ALB Dedicated Player

You know what hasn't been proven yet? DW and Bow is broken. Not 1 person has shown any proof. Why didn't you ask for proof when it came to that? Some earth users is hitting 40k dps. It has nothing to do with the range, but it's happening. If you need proof for 1 thing, you should need it for all things. Can't pick and choose when you want to see proof.

I didn't say it need as nerf hammer, I said past experience tell me with DC when something is broken and it is fixed, most times something else is nerfed. That's dcuo history, not my opinion.
  14. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Gadgets is busted too.

Cyro Field- This is supposed to be a Pure Melee AOE field damage over time.
    [IMG]
    Currently hitting from max range.

Neutral Neutralizer

[IMG]
    Same sort of deal, going on here too. This isn't supposed to hit unless your at close range.

EMP Pulse.

[IMG]
    This is supposed to be medium range, but this is long range and the damage still hits.

The Mine Abilities for Gadgets don't appear to have this same bug issue, but that's probably because they activate when an enemy walks in front of them.

I haven't touched Electric or Fire, but If I were to guess. They have busted abilities too.

Yeah, this needs to be fixed.
  15. Xibo Loyal Player

It was not already fixed because they did not get the proof for do that. Devs need proofs to fix things.

If you can provide these proofs about Earth's damage through parses we thank you.
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

I don't have proof because I didn't do the parses. My friend said he was hitting 40kdps and I believe him. Might users have 32-35k might now.
    Fyi if I did have proof i wouldn't show it anyway. I'm not trying to get anything nerfed
  17. Schimaera Devoted Player

Let me make clear, that changing the subject does not help. You claimed something that others claim to be not true. It has nothing to do with DW , or Bow, or other powers, or anything for that matter. So let's return to the matter that you claim there's some mysterious person nobody knows that parses 40k with earth.
    On how many parses, what duration, information is needed. It's like me claiming that Water can easily parse 60k/s on single target because I once crit with Call of the Deep for 600k. Sure that happened, it isn't something reliable though.

And NO. I don't need proof for anything else when I ask for a proof of 40k/s as earth. Because anything else has nothing to do with it. And of course I can demand proof as I see fit.

Like for example, I don't need proof that you are wrong. It's just something I correctly assume. I need proof that you are right. That's something else...
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

So you need proof of stuff you don't agree with and none for stuff you do? Glad you cleared it up for me
  19. Xibo Loyal Player

If you friend can provide a video about it, would be fine.
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yes because if someone says "this and that is broken" and I experienced it myself, why would I need proof? This is not logical by any means. Others might need proof, yes, but I certainly don't.

proof: noun : evidence or argument establishing a fact or the truth of a statement.
    If I would know something to be true, why would I need evidence of it to be true? It makes no sense... smh