Raids should have 4 to 5 bosses

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Juiceman936, Jun 17, 2018.

1. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Unfortunately your kind of in the minority. I have an alt I am running through the deluge and DOS stuff right now but all the deluge stuff is event only because my Cr is not that high yet. better than half the players I see on alerts, raids and even the duo are around CR 240.... They have all the feats, they have the armor so all they need are the crowns to buy anything else the vendor has to offer. At that point WHY bother with the HARD stuff that is a challenge when you can breeze through the event stuff and earn the same amount of crowns? Heck my MAIN is to the point where all the armor is at CR 205 on the DPS side and nothing that drops during missions is useful for the support role. So I am in the same situation. Why take longer and have the content be harder if all I am doing is gathering enough Crowns to buy gear for the support role? At this point I think there are a lot of players out there that don't even need the CROWNS any more... A few weeks ago i could blind Que and be in a deluge raid in no time and more than half the team was Cr 240... This week it took a while to even get a team and it was almost entirely CR 218. Seems like a lot of the player base is working on DOS or just taking a break until July when a new DLC arrives..
  2. Zneeak Devoted Player

I'd love to see more bosses, or atleast Sub bosses to replace some of the mindnumbingly boring stream of hallway adds all the time. The same pattern of hallway trash-adds leading to a boss then rinse/repeat throughout each and every instance feels so boring by now. Just the same thing with different faces, many times even the same, reappearing faces :p (Rehash for the win!!)

As for best gear as drops I'd rather keep the vendor gear as the best, but they could possibly buff the current, next-best drop-gear just ever so slightly so it feels like a little more of a reward to hold on to when you actually do get them.

They could also always start releasing more, rare style-drops through the content like we used to have, but I guess TC's have first dibs on that nowadays. :rolleyes:
    • Like x 3
  3. Zneeak Devoted Player

I mean you kind of answer your own question... People get to gear up so easily because the content allows them to. The current progression system hardly matter at all, most players beat new content with minor issues within the first couple of days before they have even started to properly gear up for it. The new gear is already next to pointless, just extra fluff to make easy content even easier and further speed up the process for everyone.

It's an extremely poorly designed system that they seem too scared of putting some effort into changing in case they might lose some players that have become too used to breezing through instances in 15-20 minutes. The funny side effect is that this very same system keeps sending players out the door anyways. Something needs to change every once in a while, that's for sure.
    • Like x 1
  4. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Eh spending hours in a raid use to be the thing though so im for this
    • Like x 1
  5. Proxystar #Perception

So you need to be able to get something out of it to play it rather than just enjoy it and have a little fun.

God what has video gaming become.
    • Like x 3
  6. Apollodarkblade21 Well-Known Player

I would say keep the regular at 3 then add extra bosses/mini bosses to elite. So event version would have the first and last boss. Regular would have the first middle and last then elite would have first and second then a sub boss between boss 2 and 3 then after you finish a second sub boss shows up. The sub bosses could drop unique to elite rewards like the ultraman cape did in pano elite.
    • Like x 2
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Very true. A vast majority of players have gotten so used to flying through any content (thanks in part to the era of 6-1-1) that anything that even looks like it may take a minute or so longer and they bale. I have seen it on duos. I sue into a duo and see my team mate is around the same CR as I am and we are both DPS.... First thought is "Cool this won't be bad. We can handle it with no problem" and then POOF the other guy turns and walks out without a word. NOW once in a while maybe some thing came up in RL and the guy just had to go log off..... But as often as I have seen that another good explanation is that other guy was hoping for a team mate in the 200CR plus range so he could sit back and watch the mobs vanish. When it looked like they might need to actually do something the bolted for the door. And of course there is the prime example of the PUG raid. Hit that first boss battle and one small mistake turns into a team wipe and half the team is GONE. These days no one has a quick chat session and discusses what went wrong and how to fix it so it does not happen again.. Just quit, wait out the short deserter penalty and hope the next raid has a bunch of CR 200+ so they can sit back and coast.

And you are right.. the Devs don't want to fix it for fear of running off more players.
    • Like x 1
  8. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

People used to complain about best gear dropping in raids and now others complain about being able to buy it.

Either way people will spam replay badges to get it.

Point is,that gear right now gives 50 feat points,and I aint gonna wait for RNGesus to bless me so that i get another feat.
    • Like x 1
  9. spack2k Steadfast Player

Complaining about the amount of Bosses while the Doomsday raid is easier to play without tank, LOL
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That's the problem Proxy, I'm not having fun. If raids didn't lose their 'fun value' I would run them every week. But they get tiresome, boring, stale and the rewards in themselves are not worth the 10-15 minute run.
    Jesus Christ Proxy I've been playing Skyrim after I run my dailies. My interest in DCUO is slowly slipping.
  11. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

This exactly. Again make something for everyone. Keep normal raids what they are, make elite more involved and challengeing
    • Like x 1
  12. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

The game has rather cookie cutter approach at this point, personally I find this rather dull and non engaging. This isn't just raids, but almost all content at this point.

Give us something new, unique, and different from the existing formula would be great.

When I look at another MMO, FF for example, has multiple 24 man raids. Could you imagine 24 man raid in DCUO?

Frankly, the other MMOs just do it better. There is no other way around it. The mechanics are better, the content is better, and the size, scale, scope, and graphics are all better... For years I have asked for more. It has not been delivered.

Unfortunately, I doubt we will see any significant change.
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I agree with everything, except for the gear. The vendor gear should have always housed the best gear. Unfortunately, the system changed years ago and even though it is the best, you don't need it for the current content. Back in the day, you had to grind a bit of gear before people would allow you into the raids. The only part of our system I'd like to see changed is the OP items, weapons, and jewelry. These items are what we all grinded for in the first couple years of the game. Now they are part of the vendors. All the raids in sub construct trying to get the tank neck, fos3 for weapons, and prime battle ground for weapons. There was a reason, besides 10 marks, to run that content. Once there is no longer a draw, people stop playing those instances.

None of this will change though, sorry. As soon as we started getting our own individual drops, we all became spoiled little kids. Everyone wants there stuff now. This is what is driving me away from the game. What's the need for vendor gear when the content doesnt require it? What's the need for max CR when there is no content that can't be completed at the minimum CR?
  14. Darth Piper Loyal Player

I would go for a 4-5 boss raid if the rewards were adjusted appropriately so that the time spent doing it would at least have the rewards scale with it as well... so instead of 10 Coin of the Realm you might get 15-20. If you do that, then the extra time spent in there would be balanced by extra rewards.

I also would like to see more stuff that actually tests your ability to do multiple things... more mechanics. Sure, keep a tank-and-spank boss around... but when all bosses become that, then there really isn't much else. That's what makes things like Spindrift Station (puzzle), God of Monsters (first and second bosses with the different orders), Throne of the Dead (Ares fight, only a tank can kill Essence), and others more fun for me. Sure, there's the simple route through all of these... but the challenge is there to make it go another way too (and accomplish feats while you're at it).
  15. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Honestly,
    All the people that keep complaining about content not being engaging or fun are glass 1/2 full type people and the new / honeymoon has worn off. There are only so many ways the devs can have players knock out bosses, do Batman, Wonderwoman, Superman and other NPC's. With these people DCUO will never meet their expectations again because they keep looking back at the past with rose colored glasses. Over the past couple years DCUO has given the players a lot of what they have asked for and received nothing but complaints
    ( Oh I mean constructive criticism ;) ). This aint right, that aint right, boo hoo there's too much stuff, there's too little stuff, I don't like that because it's not Royal Blue.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

Maybe these players that have lost the honeymoon phase just need to accept the fact that the pen is blue or move on.
  16. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

Did you read past the first line? Doubtful, regardless there is a whole host of things that could be done in raids/content to make it great again.

For starters, don't do anything that has already been done. Variety is the spice of life, creating like/similar content for so much of the game kills any joy as one constantly feels they have done this already, even if they haven't done it already...

First, for example, look at daily missions, how many times can we be asked to knock out so many adds to get credit for the week?

One episode? Two episodes? Three episodes? I think we are up to four or five episodes, tbh... change it up already, the formula may work great, but even you and your still rose colored glasses have to say its rather repetitive, episode after episode.

Second, we the players have thrown out all sorts of new exiting ways to make content more fun, different, and exciting, these are routinely ignored or not done for whatever reason. While some improvement have admittingly been made recently in terms of mechanics, there is still great room for growth.

Some examples:

Have less players in a raid
    Have more players in a raid
    Have some abilities disabled.
    Only have weapon attacks for a portion of the raid
    Only have power attacks for a portion of the raid
    Have two raid units race through a raid, competing with one another for credit.
    In said raid, have them fight it out for dominance at the end, and the ultimate prize of the reward.
    Have some players knocked out at the start of the raid, or jailed, unable to help the group at all, make this knockout random.

I could go on and on... I am very creative, tis a shame others are content to have the same ole same ole

Third, creatively every story line should contain something unique and only found in that particular story line. Stating "There are only so many ways the devs can have players knock out bosses, do Batman, Wonderwoman, Superman and other NPC's. " is simply not true. Creatively they may lack the necessary imagination/time/staff to alter these events making them different from episodes past, but the events themselves and how they can be done is nearer to limitless in terms of creative direction vs. only so many ways it can be done.

Last, when in doubt, try some of those other MMOs. I stated "Frankly, the other MMOs just do it better. There is no other way around it. The mechanics are better, the content is better, and the size, scale, scope, and graphics are all better... For years I have asked for more. It has not been delivered."

If the DEVS lack in the creative department, as you put it, they may want to take the time to see how other teams keep content alive and fresh, because again, they are doing it better than DB. Pick up some of those titles, play their content, and see for yourself how many ways one can kill or be killed in a raid.

In essence, continue to ignore facts if you want, but I do not like stale bread and that is what DCUO has become. I primarily play games for entertainment, excitement, joy, a new experience, I am not getting that from this game, and haven't for a long time.
  17. Ferret2 Well-Known Player

Its more like boo hoo these guys want the game challenging again. Lol.
  18. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

Oh it goes back much more than that.
  19. StillDeathern Dedicated Player

I totally agree, there are other examples than the kill so many adds repetition they seem to believe belongs in every single episode, but it was a good current example of something being well over used.