Rage: what can be improved

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Serj, Dec 25, 2014.

1. Serj Committed Player

AM ideas aside, what can be more efficiently done to powers that will work for both roles better.

ill start this with my ideas:

- switch the way bloodlust and ferocity work, make bloodlust be individual instead of ferocity, and ferocity give the bonus to the group for it's duration, it is already giving cc resist so why not give a prec bonus to the group as well.

- make plasma retch have a precision version.
    - have channel hate work with plasma burn
    - violence as a candidate to apply plasma burn

there can probably be some kind of PI with plasma burn and healing in tank role, for example targets that get plasma burned by your galing will heal you for more while you have rage crash on.

maybe a new PI to add diversity like other powersets that have more than one PI

feel free to post yours.
  2. Saybro Committed Player

Wooo hoooo, let's get some rage ideas baby. I'll bbl later with some.
  3. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

I've post already few idea for rage mechanic but mepps said no future update for the power..
    As my point like I said before:
    Rage need more construct combo ( as ring power )
    Need more range attack , need cc effect on power like on Pr/GE ( like panic/burn)
    Need power that blockbracker ( like all power )
    He have to much unuse power ( channel hate , revenge, frenzy , lacerate, mangle , rage blast )
    Violence need boost , dot need boost, melee need boost
    I like your idea with bloodlust and ferocity- need to change between them ..
    Ferocity grp buff + immune + get up , bloodlust - personal buff+ get up
    Need more options for prec dmg from range..
    • Like x 1
  4. Gale Reaper Dedicated Player

Rage needs no improvements. It's still a competitive power DPS-wise and tanking is awesome as well.
    This would waste too much power points for DPS's who like to use Galling Eruption.
    Plasma retch is a fast DoT unlike any other. This means that it would have to be slowed down severely to give the user a chance to choose between Precision and Might version. In other words it would have to become a slow DoT like GE, Violence etc.

Channel Hate could work similar to Light Blast.

Rather than applying plasma burn, it should benefit from it as a PI.

This is what Remorseless Recovery is for, it heals back all precision based damage in 1:1 ratio in tank role.
    • Like x 2
  5. spack2k Steadfast Player

those changes wont do it ... rage AM needs only a revamp for the range dps part.
    • Like x 2
  6. Ghostof91 New Player

Rage is still op in the right hands imo.
    • Like x 1
  7. Biester New Player

Some sort of power return function would be nice. Its hard to spam rage's am when you have no power. I'd like to see some kind of rage meter that allows you to do more damage as your rage increases, when the meter fills up then its time to unleash hell on your enemies. Prob wont happen but a man can hope.
  8. ACW37162 Loyal Player

What Bietser say,

A power back mechanic of some type.

Some type of rage system, something as simple adding an extra combo rage finisher to each of the rage rage combos when certain conditions are met.

If I was being exceedingly hopefull replacing revenge or frenzy with another range combo of some type although I would actually prefer they made frenzy the more powerful combo plus finisher to give people a reason to use it (similar to what they did with light blast and mini gun)
  9. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

Lol u still stuck in gu36 ...
    If u said rage still op I'll answer u like that :
    If rage is op today so fire mental nature HL and gadget super op...
    But u don't see here ppl who said power is op ...
    There is no 1 power ( prec/might ) that deal more then 10k ... With wm
    I'm talking without buff or trinket...
    Mental 30k , gadget 17k , nature - 11k it's what I see already...
    U talking about op ... Lol
    Powers infinite, power back... It's op vs non of them
  10. Serj Committed Player

this thread was created for one purpose, to expand on ideas... nothing more nothing less.
    it wasn't meant to provoke other players for the devs to favor rage, it was not meant to show if the power is weak or op.

all this thread is for is ideas on what can be improved, there is no power in the game that has a perfect condition and doesn't need changes, all powers need fixes and rage deserves them too, there are some things that can be improved and some things work too well...

channel hate can work like plasma retch, we need a power return mechanic, more diversity within the powerset for sure, there are not many go to builds revolving rage as far as dps goes.

for tank role it is pretty much the same, just that the loadout changes according to different situations... RR forces you to be more active as a tank rather than blocking...etc etc.

there is no point in saying rage is too weak or rage is too strong at this point because the devs do listen but cater towards one of these or the other and rotate both. so i'd rather see improvement to the powers than scaling or nerfing down the dmg potential of certain powers to equalize the playing field.
  11. Serj Committed Player

you will waste no power points because bloodlust and ferocity will not switch places, just mechanics. bloodlust will stay a 15s buff but it will only be for you and not the group like it is now. ferocity will stay a cc immune for the tank but it will also buff the group's prec for it's duration.

you are not thinking outside the box, look at HL and how far it came since clipping and fast loadouts. the current loadouts are so much slower than before but they stay competetive because of the way it works now, the same thing can be applied to plasma retch, nothing stops the devs from buffing the dot dmg on plasma while making a prec version for it. in a way it's a nerf and a buff at the same time.
    they can apply the same thing to channel hate.

we need more combo options.
  12. Wanning Comet Committed Player

Posted this in Rage thread in Oracle's database but I'll repost the thoughts here since they apply to improving the dps of rage:

"Really, the best thing that could happen for Rage would probably be if Galling Eruption was a range ability instead of being centered around the player. Then you wouldn't lose a dot in certain situations. The size of the aoe might have to be adjusted if this were to happen, though.

It'd be nice if Revenge or Frenzy was range instead of melee, there are way too many melee combos considering that melee is rarely useable as a dps in current end game content.

Frenzy could keep the same swipe animation but just make it throw like rage energy at targets to do damage at range instead of being melee. That would probably be the easiest way to rework a combo into being a range attack and it would work with the way most dps currently spec PP.

If E Chain was range for both parts of the combo in DPS stance that would be interesting as well"

Some criticisms of your ideas:
    Having one PI is a huge advantage of Rage and it gives more options than if there was a second PI. If there were two PIs you probably wouldn't be able to use Dreadful and Outrage in the same loadout since you would probably only have room for one of their PI applicators and not both, for example.

I don't think a prec version of Retch would really be that good as it would slow rotations. The current advantage of Retch is that you can basically have it running all the time during your rotation. I don't think prec dots can crit with a WM window like might based dots can so you'd lose damage there, too.

If Channel Hate didn't lose damage when you jump cancel it, I could see it being affected by plasma burn as a dps gain, but having to sit in the channel is less than ideal.

I don't really see a reason to disallow Violence from being a PI applicator, it kind of makes sense with the power's animation. I don't see it being that much of an advantage outside of damage tank specs, though.

Tanking is pretty good, if they could fix the bug with E Chain then I'd have almost nothing, if not nothing, to complain about as a tank. DPS is a little different, though, the AM needs a power back mechanic and some sort of boost to damage while using it to make it worth using over WM hybrid.[/quote]
    • Like x 2
  13. Serj Committed Player

[/quote]

revenge makes no sense as a ranged combo, frenzy could work but after saying that plasma retch having a prec based version would just be a waste of time on a rotation i kind of went the same way about frenzy... you see, the thing about changes is that some of them are good and some of them are bad. take HL's ram for example, not alot of players are using it now but it used to be on almost every HL loadout. same with rage and frenzy and plasma retch and... and you get the point.

on the PI thing im not going towards having multiple PI's running at once, this isn't gadgets. I just thought we could use more diversity other than plasma burn, with maybe a different mechanic. like you know, giving us a freedom of choice between the two for example.

the PI application doesn't have to apply to powers that will exlude stuff like DB etc, there's is no reason why channel hate, or even rage blast can't be interacting with a new PI, more diversity more ways to play is all im saying.

plama retch's having a prec version can easily work if they make it like galing, where it applies instantly and the animation time for the prec version is pretty short so it's managable. it could use a little buff in terms of damage imo.

lastly, as many have said before here and in other rage threads, we need a power return mechanic and possibly a rework on how the AM interaction work

just my 2 cents. carry on with ideas and we might have a good list!
  14. iOnIyDoEO New Player

everything you list is a ... no, they just need to speed up the first combo.
  15. Serj Committed Player

you saying that just shows how much knowledge you have on the concept of rage and how it's suppose to work.
    if you have nothing better to do other than be a negative nancy and troll potential useful threads i suggest you try posting in the "nerf this i got beat in pvp" buthurt QQ section, im sure you can find common intrest and possibly share a few tissues.
    • Like x 1
  16. Rocky Well-Known Player

I went rage last week
    The only change it should have if there was a rage revamp is a power back mechanic
  17. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Rage mode extended combo animation ideas;

Dreadful blast - on your third hold range you get a smaller version of the multi ball attack from the warrior in doc, plasma balls instead of the electric ones

Frenzy - slash claw animation from wolf form add red construct claws

Revenge - primal uppercut animation from wolf form with construct claws

Outrage - over head slam animation from entrap with two flails

Plasma Retch - add a hold range combo - on combo targeted enemy is combusted with rage causing the rage expulsion animation from Ursa in the villain alert - character animation is like trinket activation

Only gain access to these combo finishers after preset rage conditions are met.

Just a thought doubt we would get anything like this
  18. CaptainPoptart Committed Player

Rage is still good whoever is asking for improvement is just an horrible player and just wants to feel op, how about you guys talk about a power that really needs improvement in both pve/pvp -cough- EARTH!!!
  19. Serj Committed Player

you're missing the point if you think that's what this thread is about, there are things that can be added. especially like a power return mechanic that will be an improvement.

there are alot of good earth players out there that can really do some damage, maybe you're a horrible player and just want to feel op :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  20. ssJoniFoXss Committed Player

ppl here agrue cuz the feel the same...
    We are not the problem, devs are.. Ppl who cry for nerff are..
    We pay good money for legendary for power token base on devs first info..
    Then the game advantage and few power get new system but they "forget" other power..
    If u ask me why only cuz they wanna u to pay for power token again..
    This system will never be real balence.. They said always they gold are balance but they force u to change power cuz of this system op/weak
    The true it's : quantum, celes , rage , earth need revamp/update
    And fast ! For real balence and not till they will be op then other will need update...