Rage, Really??!!

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Darklightning, Jun 19, 2014.

1. Darklightning New Player

Im a 105cr 176sp Elect PvE healer, and 90cr PvP healer with 4other 103toons so im no noob. WHY THE HECK is it when I run into a Rage DPS in PvP im sitting there pounding on him and he's healing himself? DPS are just supposed to burn, not heal tank or troll so why are they getting the best of all rolls while only being in DPS role? Where is the "Risk Reward"? Its hard enough as it is in healer role to kill anyone so you just have to outlast them, how can outlast some who is obviously OP in damage (which is another topic) AND you cant kill them? Am I the only one who feels this way?
    • Like x 3
  2. Kiddslayer Well-Known Player

It's getting taken out of the game anyway. A rage player will have to be in tank stance to do that mechanic.
    • Like x 4
  3. RemyRockstar New Player

Yes, Rage is strong and the self-heals make it that much harder to beat in pvp, but definitely not impossible.

Tip - Get used to the timing of their enrage timer. If you see them enrage hit them with a tank debuff and it'll force them to rage crash all the damage they've taken.

Also they will be adjusting Rage in the near future to where Rage cannot self heal in dps role.
    • Like x 2
  4. Darklightning New Player

So when Is this supposed to happen? Because its VERY annoying
    • Like x 1
  5. La Shark Dedicated Player

hello, can you show me the notes where the self heals will be taken out of dps stance for rage.
  6. Owl Devoted Player

Toning down Rage Mode deferred damage was listed in the Work In Progress thread for Arena PVP:
    https://forums.station.sony.com/dcu...-in-progress-whats-next-for-arena-pvp.201926/
    • Like x 1
  7. La Shark Dedicated Player

8. La Shark Dedicated Player

9. Drathmor Unwavering Player

Rage is super strong in PVP with berserk and the rage protection but a role debuff will force them to crash the only problem is I don't run with a tank debuff any longer as its stupid to have to have it for one power type
    • Like x 1
  10. Kiddslayer Well-Known Player

• Like x 1
  11. Kiddslayer Well-Known Player

lol those tunso word so idk either:D but it said toning down powerful mechanics which I guess "damage deference" is the one that rage has.
  12. RemyRockstar New Player

True, but that's the nature of the game right now in pvp. Majority of dps' are rage running self heals.

I always have it readily accessible and if my pvp instance doesn't have a rage, I take it out of my loadout first chance I get. Same goes for healing debuffs.
    • Like x 2
  13. savageprime New Player

Fact is until the update the tank debuff is your best friend. Yes it may be stupid to have a slot taken purely for one power but I do what I must to win and honestly you use that debuff right and a rage will fold like a chewy cookie.
    • Like x 1
  14. MDay New Player

your pve cr don't really matter or any other alt toons and if you can't beat a single rage dps in healer role then something wrong with you..check your skill points and loadout.
    and healers are overpowered already they get fully healed with one power and debuff rage dps when they aren't supposed to just because its a tanking power and with weapon mastery they do good amount of damage.

your better than rage you just don't know how to use your power :)
  15. Vyltran Loyal Player

As DPS, you still receive a small heal but not a huge one.. so let's no exagerate before someone posting a nerf thread again about this...

As Tank, your self-healing increases as well your def & block comms.... i would advice creating a rage account and make your own oppinions before something it could affect the whole community.
    • Like x 1
  16. MDay New Player

healers got buffed like they want and they still complain and from what i read rage getting nerfed down again
  17. Mrik Tros New Player

Is the OP the Darklightning I know? (G.O.A.T.- D...)
    • Like x 1
  18. Avatar of Skill New Player

Wait, let me get this straight... You're a pvp HEALER and you can't stop a rage dps from healing himself? Have you ever heard of role buffs? Your super powers debuff rage and any other tank effects, while also granting you a 130% confidence boost (damage). Read the tool tip, it's all there. If you're not a healer, use a debuff. Chances are you need a tank debuff for ice tanks too.

This is all day one info you should already know before making a QQ thread. Rage isn't even the best in pvp, lol.

I will say this though, rage is a scrub killer, but SKILLFUL players will pick apart rage players. Ice is the current top pvp class, and so is earth tanks to an extent. I know you said you're not a noob, but simply having a bunch of high cr toons does not make that statement true, and your post suggests otherwise. Skill and knowledge > cr and the amount of alts a player has.

Just tired of seeing all these uninformed QQ threads that end up getting powers nerfed. Just look what happened to hard light
    • Like x 4
  19. Eminence Dedicated Player

Rage is predictable, maybe you should try playing as rage and learn its weaknesses, before you come and cry nerf.
    • Like x 3
  20. HHAAZZEE New Player

Your a healer, just keep them debuffed and they either cant go into rage mode or if their in it they will instantly rage crash.

You claim "i'm no noob", yet dont know a basic healer mechanic vs tank powers in PVP, hmmm.
    • Like x 3