Rage developer discussion page

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Imsms08, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Imsms08 New Player

Since there is no Rage developer discussion page up yet I'm just going to start one here for feed back.

Since it has been made clear that rage is a melee power how about making the combos more moble.

Outrage for example, instead of lunging you forward you would stay in place but be able to move around either toward or away from the target. This would at least provide some survivability when moving up close and staying behind targets without losing damage by having to reposition yourself constantly.

Before anyone says no, that a moble powerset thing not a combo powerset thing, false. HL has this with mini gun and light blast.

Melee needs help in this game at end game content that is very clear, please share more ideas to make that possible.
  2. Radium Devoted Player

While its not a bad idea, honestly I think that would just look awkward as hell.

Mobile attack animations at least make sense in the way that they're mobile, having Outrage having an animation that lunges forward and the ability to back away from it would seem very weird.
    • Like x 3
  3. Furling Well-Known Player

I ran LOLS and HOH with my rage dps guy and meleed everything. Just had to back off the bosses when they do their aoes and DB spam for a while when relentless anger was on cooldown or the posion was up, or the spin was active... I wasn't being one-shot, although I did die once or twice when Cerebus spit fire at me. Haven't done Thrones yet as it's bugged, but I hear one way to beat it is for the entire group to melee Ares.

BTW - this was the most fun I've had dpsing in a long time!
    • Like x 2
  4. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

I like outrage the way it is. If you're trying to position yourself use ec. Outrage it for survivability by hitting targets/stunning/ and getting you out of the way. I.e. punisher uses the 1shot move, I use outrage to get some distance. In throne, outrage helps me stun the 1-15 adds I have will holding Ares.
  5. iTzKCO Well-Known Player

O op must have been from a DPS stand point, in that case, I still want it to be the same. I just feel like they should make it to where rage DPS can actually stay alive while melee DPSing. Not making rage unstoppable, just changing certain mechanics to where melee is an option for all powers.
  6. Juxes Committed Player

Might as well make every power mobile focused attack then lol. Sorry but Fire and Ice and even Munitions needs something to make it unique. How HL ever received that AM is beyond me but whatevs.

Maybe a suggestion to increase survivability would be better.

And besides mobile attacks only works for range attacks, not sure how that would look with melee, probably would look clunky
  7. thatguysawesome New Player

i would love to make melee possible for every raid and make it so that every AOE one shot only takes half your health every time or in rage mode you get increased health for every enemy in the room like the normal rage mode but it stacks off your might and precision that would make rage awesome.
  8. Revoemag Committed Player

Though I think mobily is special for fire.and ice, like you said even hl got it, and I have to say it great to use. It shouldnt be just for those powersets. Being in a static place is never a good idea. I just jump around to move but I can't always,. Being able to move in and out of combat depending on the boss would make every power more viable in melee ->range->melee..allowing everyone to choose their preferred play style.
    • Like x 1
  9. Imsms08 New Player

So maybe gives tank a proximity buff that greatly reduceds AoE/spalsh damage to make it possible to melee in a raid without making the power overpowered
  10. ChuckLess New Player

How about a significant Defense (for anyone) boost after say 3 Melee hits? That way, you still have that counter/block window and it wouldn't mess with PVP since Defense is useless in there.
  11. Biester New Player

Rage will not receive any attention for a long time since it just got updated. Since we are throwing out ideas, I would like for one melee power to be the opposite of a lunge, a retreat so to say. You lunge in with outrage or revenge and spam a melee rotation until the boss gets ready to do an aoe one-shot. Instead of rolling away or blocking, you activate this retreat power which will do damage while removing you from harm's way, think backflip from the acro tree but with increased retreat range.

This way, a melee rage player can continue doing damage while removing himself from the aoe area and keep savage state going without ever breaking stride.

Example:
    Lunge in with outrage. Spam a rotation of outrage and dreadful blast in melee range. Boss shows an aoe attack is coming very soon. Continue spamming the outrage and dreadful blast rotation. Cast this retreat power after outrage to do damage while retreating from melee range. Spam dreadful blast from range while the boss casts the aoe. After aoe attack is complete, lunge back in with outrage and continue meleeing.

I don't understand why a retreat power isn't already part of a melee dps' repretoire. Sure, it's easy to block or roll away but you lose savage state and overall dps while ranged dps powersets never have to stop their rotation. GIVE US A RETREAT POWER. Get rid of frenzy, since hardly no dps' or tanks use it, and substitute it with a retreat power that will greatly contribute to rage's melee survival.
    • Like x 1
  12. ACW37162 Loyal Player

After getting in some real end content on live with this its my opinions.....

the second and third hits of dreadful blast and second through fifth hits of frenzy should have mobility while in savage state...

Or

Rage should have an escape power which doesn't really make sense

With the first option you could outrage into the enemy to start savage state on the second rotation if the boss starts charging or the skull appears or you get the funny feeling in your gut your about to eat a doom spin of death with in rage mode and crash you can go into dreadful blast and start walking away without loosing savage state and lost DPS.
  13. ACW37162 Loyal Player

Th devs would call this backflip, speed dash, or dust off.

The problem for me with all three is they are a waste of alsipercharge meter you need to be competeive elsewhere.

Non-supercharge versions of all those moves would be great, take away the shielding effect, make them pve only, and let us have movement mode abilities that are useful especially for a melee class dps.

Also speed dash should carry you through your target and leave you in movement mode.

If you didn't need beserk or infuriate to be competeive DPS wise speed dash and dust off would be great additions to your bar
    • Like x 1
  14. Biester New Player

Ive tried using backflip to repel myself away from one-shots but the actual distance that backflip covers is no where close to being far enough to avoid the attacks. It's like you said, it's worthless because it is a supercharge and even if it did cover enough distance it doesn't contribute to savage stae and the base damage is crappy.

I think if they were to add a combo power to the rage tree that was similar to backflip then it would allow for a better flow of cycling through combos without the interruption of savage state from having to roll or block. The melee am does great damage and is extremely fun but it really sucks having to stop your rotation to avoid one-shots, with a repelling combo the rotation would never have to end if used properly.
  15. Skeptikraze Well-Known Player

Gave Rage AM a roll in Halls of Hades with the best possible melee loadout (that I personally cooked up) and in a nutshell, meh.

Mepps claimed at one point that there is a payoff for playing "in your face" with Rage's AM melee approach, and at first I was excited about that claim, till it was fully debunked with that HoH run I did earlier; melee damage vs range damage is not enough of a damage gap to show the payoff in question.

Essentially, as it stands, Rage AM melee being superbly stronger than its range potential is false.
    • Like x 2
  16. ChibiMechaX78 New Player

I had a similar idea. I had thought about giving rage a retreat power also.

I was thinking frenzy should be redone. Instead of a combo of several claw attacks, I was thinking it should start with one huge rake of your red rage claws then you'd combo into a retreat. The animation that I thought would best resemble this is Cheetah's Tendon cut ability. However the distance should be signifcantly greater than Cheetah's for practicality reasons. If the distance is too short there isn't a point in a retreat power honestly.
    • Like x 1
  17. Biester New Player

I've noticed this, too. It is great in everything other than raids because of the high burst damage but in raids where everything has extremely high health it is average at best even lacking in the damage department compared to some powers.

It is an interesting concept to make a powerset melee-based and very fun to play but it hasn't been implemented correctly so far. Something is missing from the equation whether it be a new, much-needed power or an increase to damage. By no means should rage melee be op like it once was but there should be some sort of payoff for constantly being in the "death zone".

I think the devs had a good concept of a melee powerset but didn't have the time or staff to implement it properly. Maybe they'll do it correctly if they make experimental serums a melee powerset because I don't see rage receiving any more dev attention until some of the other powersets are revamped (again) and the new powers are released. Maybe we will get lucky and have the duration of berserk increased or something minor like that until they decide to do any extensive work to rage.
    • Like x 2
  18. Biester New Player

Of all the powers, frenzy is the best candidate for being replaced with a ranged combo power or a retreat power simply because it is not used by very many players (tank or dps). I like your idea because it would make frenzy a retreat combo power and combo powers contribute to savage state and the power-return mechanic.

If, for some crazy reason, they did implement something like this then I'm afraid that the position of frenzy in the punishment tree could generate issues with making a proper loadout. Maybe lacerate and frenzy could switch spots in the trees but then again, lacerate is another power that could use some dev attention, too.
  19. MeloMan New Player

Im going to just keep posting this video of a friend of mine and ill keep assuming that the players using rage that claim the melee rotation isnt good really dont know what they are doing. I dont think im wrong in assuming that either when this video clearly shows how good the damage can be. The person on this vid told me of his results and i suggested he do a video of it to show people the potential and this is it. I even went to test and did pretty much the same #s. So i have no idea how people say the melee is "bad" or "not very good."
  20. Lord Raiden Dedicated Player

The melee damage is pretty good but not viable in all situations. I can melee adds in LaB and HoH but the bosses not so much. The range dps is really bad. Dreadful blast needs an increase in the speed of the combos and galling should be a target AoE not a player AoE.