R.I.P. Max

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, May 19, 2013.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

One of my cats, Max, passed away tonight. He died around 10:15pm. He was suffering from renal failure and we were scheduled to have him put to sleep on Tuesday but he didn't want to wait to go see his brother who died 2 years ago. The thing is, he waited for me to get home tonight before he passed. We said goodbye to each other and I told him he could sleep now and 5 minutes later, he was gone. He was nearly 16 and we adopted him from a cat shelter in Tucson, AZ and from there he went with us to North Carolina and then back to NJ where he lived his last 10 years. He was a bit neurotic but a good cat. He was my sitting buddy. Every night he would jump onto the arm of my chair and chill with me. He did that up until last week even though it was hard for him to jump. He didn't care, he wanted to be on the chair with me. I know some people think it's silly to mourn a cat but to a couple with no children, the cats and dogs are our children. He will be missed. Here he is with his brother who died 2 years ago. Max is the black and white one in front:

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  2. Psych E New Player

Umm... why did we need to know about your cat's death man!?

I am sorry to hear that for your sake, but it's the cycle of life. I am sure you provided him with a wonderful live and he was greatful to you for it.
  3. freeloaders101 New Player

Poor cat, good luck.
    • Like x 1
  4. JayJay2515 New Player

Because it says

Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)

Even Heroes and Villains need a place to unwind. Off topic discussions go here.

Sorry to hear about you cat though, I have one now (got him in 2007) he's bad AF but I wouldn't want another cat
    • Like x 1
  5. Psych E New Player

My point is less about where it's posted and more about the tone and the venue in which it's being done. Why bum other people out with your stuff? This is family business in my mind.

Enter Cat Death thread... with picture attached... boom insta-bummed for over 9000.

I get the camaraderie amongst fellow nerds and nerdettes... but dang.
  6. LL New Player

It is not silly. I am sorry for ur loss...I am still trying to get right losing my dog. I wish u all the best.
    • Like x 1
  7. Splinter Cell Dedicated Player

I am sorry for your loss. He looks very handsome. Max's brother reminds me of a cat I lost back in 2005, same thing, renal failure. Her name was Misty, and she was definitely a snob but she was good to me. Some people may not see pets the way you do, but some people can form a real kinships with them. It is not as uncommon as people think.
    • Like x 1
  8. MercPony Devoted Player

So sorry for your loss. From the photo he and his brother look very happy... I can tell they both lived very good lives. A year and a half ago I got my cat Angel as a kitten. She was starving and someone had dumped her on a back road. She has been my best friend since then.

To anyone reading this (think of it however you wanna, won't bother me none), I feel cats are better friends and companions than any human can be.
    • Like x 1
  9. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

Must..reclaim..manhood. Must..resist. Do.not.cry.

I have just adopted a cat 4 months ago and I really love him but he's so aggressive now dunno why but I still do love him. I love animals, these kind of stories really make me sad. Sorry for your loss bro.
    • Like x 1
  10. Battle Man Committed Player

Sorry to hear this man.

I just lost on of my buddies last Monday to heart failure, Loki.
    He was only 9 years old, and it really, really sucks.

And in October 2011 we lost a 5 year old female, Lola, to severe kidney stones and renal failure.
    That was quite a shock to the system for us.

We still have Loki's brother, but losing a pet is just hard.
    So I know how you must feel brother. One day at a time.
    • Like x 1
  11. YodaDog New Player

My wife and I are also a couple without kids and man... I cried like a 5 year old girl when my dog passed a couple years ago.
    Its very, very difficult.. even now..
    Very sorry for your loss, man. All the best.
    • Like x 2
  12. Faust74 Loyal Player

My condolence to you. I know the pain of losing a beloved pet.
    • Like x 1
  13. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Thanks to all for the well wishes. And to the pinhead who decided to be a tool, just don't say anything dude but you chose to be something else. nice going. As for how we treat our pets, it's crazy I know but you get attached and feel and are responsible for their well being. It's a bond some people can't relate to I guess.
    • Like x 1
  14. Captain Just New Player

I'm sorry to hear about your loss Rockhound. Losing a pet is a terrible thing.

Hey man, if you could PM me some details I may be able to help you out. I triple majored in college in Communications, Biology, and Animal Behavior/Psychology. When did you notice the aggressive tendencies start, was there any event that you can remember triggering it for the first time? And exactly what kind of aggressive behavior is your cat exhibiting?
    • Like x 1
  15. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

He keeps trying to eat us when he was getting bigger. I think it triggered when my mom kept stepping on him accidentally.
    [IMG]

that's him before he got aggressive

[IMG]

That's him trying to eat my toe lol
    • Like x 1
  16. Captain Just New Player

Ok. Well I asked for you to PM me because I didn't want to hijack this thread...

He just looks like a playful kitten to me. Looks like someone thought it was funny to wiggle their toes to get him to play..does he do this when you have shoes on? I mean is he truly being aggressive? Like I'm going to rip off your mother ******* leg aggressive? Or just hey I think your wiggly toes are play toys?

If he was exhibiting TRUE AGGRESSION I doubt you would be able to sit there and take a picture while he attempts to rip your toe off.
  17. Jockin Jay Well-Known Player

Oh right, about the PM sorry I just woke up not thinking straight. Gonna send pm starting now. Sorry

Edit: I dunno how to send a PM =)))
    Edit2: Found out how, not sure if correct way.
  18. TormentorX Well-Known Player

Sorry about your loss friend. A pet is like a part of the family and the loss can be very painful. 2 years ago my dog of 19 years passed and I felt broken like I had lost a child. Lady was a shelter dog and with me through many important parts of my life, before my wife and my daughter. In fact, I have gone to ridiculous lengths to spare my girly from this, like her first pet fish, she thought he lived for years not knowing that she was on the 7th one:) Again sorry for your loss.
    • Like x 1
  19. thePankakeManne New Player

Man, those look like two of my own cats...

...sorry for your loss. :(
    • Like x 1
  20. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Max is now at rest. Buried him with his kitty cousins at my in-laws house. They have a bog back yard with a huge garden that has a little kitty cemetery. He will be missed.
    • Like x 2