Queue in role penalties or something

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Version San Diego, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Version San Diego Active Player

Do not like people who q for roles they have no intention of playing. Why not have a penalty if you are supposed to troll, tank, or heal from what the q says( not when it says any). Your dps role has like a 50% reduced damage penalty. Or something like that to discourage players for queuing up for a role they do not want to play.
    • Like x 3
  2. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I see a lot of issues with that... Okay I am pretty good about keeping both my Support and DPS armor at around the same ratings and with the same level of modding.... and when I Que for an alert or raid I will always do so showing i am will to do either role. So the team forms and we all arrive in mission. When the pop up showed stating I was about to join team X as its HEALER I had seconds to switch from DPS to healer... Admittedly my fingers do not move THAT fast so I arrive inside as a DPS... DO I get kicked off the team or punished in some other manner because i have not clicked and switched Armories YET?

Join a team and when we arrive inside 2 or even 3 of us all all in healer roles... After a very short discussion if we even bother having one all but one of us has switched to DPS.... Does the game now KICK us off the team for not playing the role we said we'd play?

Don't get me wrong... I have had many experiences of exactly the sort of BS you are referring to. Some jerk ques as a healer or troll and then refuses to switch to and play that role once in the mission. But not exactly sure some generic penalty to try and stop that is the best solution..... THINK back to when we first got the Deserter penalty..... The GAME would crash a player through no fault of his own and when he logged back on he got to sit and do NOTHING for ten minutes until his "PENALTY" was over. Trust me no one wants another situation like that to happen again. I'd rather deal with the goof ball that won't play healer .. i can always KICK him.
    • Like x 1
  3. TestReporter Loyal Player

Not only the 50% reduced damage penalty just destroys the group and doesn't punishes the guy at all, but the whole penalty system can have a imense number of problems and bugs. The only way to fix this problem in my opnion is letting the players create rooms or make the system put you in a room with the players while waiting for queue, so you can see what the team has, join a group at any time or make one, and prevent wrong roles in your groups.
    But this could be a small problem due to the "small" population (because many groups would be avoided if they had a low sp/cr guy, not a big deal, but still) and would take a lot of time from the devs and give them no money back, and i guess they like more to make their TCs and bugged content than giving us something usefull.
    • Like x 1
  4. OmegaMan nWo Level 30

Why not shorten the time between kicks and just kick those people that refuse to play their role?