Questions on multiple weapons skills

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrStoob, Jun 29, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

If you place skill points in another weapon, do you simply switch weapons to change the skill set?

Is the damage as effective as your 'main' defined weapon skill? Like, I'm defined as a brawler so would shield skills, for e.g., have a penalty of some sort?

Wasn't in the mood for arsing about at the skill reset, forking out for another weapon to test it all for myself. :)

There's probably other things I'm not aware of when it comes to this.

Thanks.
  2. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Combo weapon attacks from weapon mastery (ex: dual wield into flurry shot from bow only requires you have a dual wield weapon equipped) mean you need the primary weapon only.

Being brawling and using a shield will not punish your damage. You can spec into any weapon tree you prefer, and into any mastery you like (provided it goes with the primary weapon you want to use).
    • Like x 2
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You can use any weapon you want without suffering any penalty. If your primary weapon is brawling but you want to use let’s say dual wield than all you need to do is place skill points into dual wield to unlock it and the combos you want to use. If you want to use brawling and do a cross weapon combo however, let’s say shuriken storm, you will need to max out both weapons. In this case it would be brawling and martial arts. From there go back to your brawling weapon and unlock the cross weapon combo you want to use.

The weapon respec token is not worth it. The only thing it does is puts your free skill point into the weapon you are going to use. For example if you are brawling and want to use dual wield you will have 1 skill point in brawling and dual wield open. However if you use a weapon respec you can reselect your primary weapon and essential get a free SP. Thou as said earlier, that isn’t really worth the cost.
    • Like x 3
  4. L T Devoted Player

Any weapon you put skill points into will have its full effectiveness. There's really nothing special about the first weapon you start with. If you reset your skills, you get a "free" skill point in that first weapon you choose when you create your toon, but that's the only advantage.
    • Like x 1