Questions about rage tanking

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Jamie, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Jamie New Player

I'm excited about the new power and I am seriously thinking of respec'ing to it. I have a couple of questions that I hope the devs will be willing to answer.

I know that when you are in rage mode all damage is shifted to a pool to be applied later. Can healers heal this pool before Rage Crash hits?

Is there a limit to the amount of damage that can be shifted during rage? i.e. could I be tanking all 3 Lex's in the last room of Nexus while standing in a damage pool and get hit with all 3 AOE's and have 100% of the damage shifted? (I'm questioning the capabilites of the power and not suggesting anyone would want to do this.)

Is the damage shift or the Rage time effected by stats?

Is this a tank power that is designed to be fighting rather than blocking? This is the way it appears to me but would like to know the dev's stance.

Ranx and Moga look amazing and this power sounds like exactly what I wanted so I am excited about this DLC.
  2. nogimmick New Player

can't wait to switch over! already got my respec and "look" ready...slowly getting tank gear, and about to hit 250 MoR. G'BYE GADGETS--it's been fun, but it's time for something new. i've never tanked before, so this'll be interesting...
  3. Poo New Player

Nothing has been announced yet really. They are not likely to respond to this thread.
  4. Jamie New Player

But I can hope they will respond. The dev's have not comepletly killed my hope. I am only 90% cynical at this point. ;)
  5. SKAVANGER408 New Player

As a tank all I have to say is, good luck.

If you mess up in a raid be ready to get an ear/tell full of how terrible you are.
    • Like x 2
  6. Poo New Player

It sounds like you have 2 options to mitigate the damage once it comes back to you.
    1. Pop some sort of shields to deflect/absorb a certain %
    2. Do some kind of power combo to deflect/absorb almost all of the damge
    But if you mess up that combo... :eek:
    • Like x 1
  7. SKAVANGER408 New Player

Maybe it will be earth/fire tanking mixed into one.
  8. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

Might want to test it out with something easier like Ice first, or you are asking for a world of grief. I found Ice the most straightforward out of all the tank sets (while still managing to not be boring). Rage sounds like it could be a real disaster if you aren't on point. I also expect it will be massively nerfed or buffed within a few weeks of going live. No way it will be launched without hiccups.
  9. Derio 15000 Post Club

They will show it in the next livestream hopefully so your questions will be answered then, most likely between 1- 2 weeks.
  10. Poo New Player

I just hope the DPS side of this power is going to drain the blue bar in 3 moves. I really love Celest for its power forgiving combos, but the power itself is not my cup of tea... although I'm not a fan of the color red either :confused:o_O

I do miss tanking though.
  11. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

I think you should look level up an ice tank and learn how to tank before just blind switching to a whiney new power especially since it looks to be on the more advance side of tanking. It will save you grief.
  12. nogimmick New Player

i plan on watching a LOOOOOOT of videos to study and working on my SP BIGTIME before i do it. i'm going to stay troll for a little while longer, but after that....yeah....rage it up.