question with troller...

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by villcon, May 6, 2013.

1. villcon New Player

Hey guys, recently switched from healer to controller power and while Ive been learning more about the role I couldnt find anything about this, so my question is am i better off to make a new character to gain more dom through out the game or do you think i will be able to get my characters dom up enough to at least be par with others?? At the moment my dominance is very low, obviously because of healing. its at a 98 i think. Also, i dont do terrible at raids and am normally am in the top few for damage and usually the highest right now for power out. Will this change as i start getting a higher cr and t3/t4 raids?CR is 50 right now. Thanks in advance...
  2. BomombRook New Player

Your dom is increased after you switch to controller roll. Also troller gear adds dom. Troller powers are hardlight,gadgets, and mental for now(until quantum comes out). Wondering what is your power right now.
  3. Warrant New Player

Getting a full set of controller tier gear for the same tier content should provide you with plenty of dom for it. As of right now there isn't a huge need to for having more than the gear provides, unless you want stronger shields.
  4. BomombRook New Player

True.
  5. villcon New Player

Thanks for the help, my current power is mental. I came from Sorcery and really liked spells like circle of destruction as far as healing. anything simalier with power? and im only in t1 and some t2 armor (modded) but i dont think until t3 or t4 armor, its not class specific, am i right?
  6. Galklife Dragon New Player

As far as looks, only the t3 is role-specific.
    • Like x 1
  7. BomombRook New Player

Should not mod till t 2.5 gear at least really (if you have the lightning strikes dlc though, which you should get cause the trinkets are great). I have a cr 74 mental troller and they are really fun to play as. It has some great powers like phantom flames, thought bubble, pyrokenisis and others. There are guides in the oracle database of the forums that can show you how to play as a mental controller or even dps with the mental power. Something I noticed about choosing a troll wep though is I would say use dual pistols until you have enough sp to spare for like hb or bow. I say that because dual pistols have the vit innates and are a range type. The bow and hb don't have vit innates (the +15 total ones not the new +12 vit total ones)
  8. CCBatson Dedicated Player

There's role specific armor even at the under-30 stages, and there's definitely role-specific armor for Tiers 1 and 2. Most of your Dom will be gotten from gear, that is true, but if you want to successfully CC mobs, it's better to take innates that boost your Dom after you've specced out a good core set of innates for Vit. If and when you decide to Mod exos, I always take combo mods when I can, usually Vit+'other stat'. Between all of those options, you should do fine.
  9. villcon New Player

oh ok. thanks, ill look them up as far as giving out power its just all the videos and things ive read so far say dom NEEDS to be high. And i currently run the dual pistols as well, great for building up power and combos without being directly in the fight!!!
  10. BomombRook New Player

True. The way I mod is for blue slots= Vit&dom mods, yellow slots=pure vit, red slots vit&prec(because I use my wep more then my powers).
  11. villcon New Player

ccbatson, ill defininitly check it out. but just wondering in your experience, is dropping example 80-100 power and others for 10 to 20 dom/vit worth it? ive never had dom so would it make a significant difference or just be hurting me in the long run?
  12. villcon New Player

My mods have all been the armor bonus mods. havent just done like all blue or anything....
  13. CCBatson Dedicated Player

I always take Vit+Dom, Pure Vit, and then Vit+Might (cause I am Gadget) over any Vit+Power mods. As a troller, you'll be able to quickly recover power through weapon regen and POT so that the little bits of power bonuses are not worth. ANd yes, each bonus of DOm matters. I'm not 100% sure of the mechanic behind this, but I have observed that when adding gear/mod upgrades in DOm, that I'm actually getting double the bonus when I check my Stats tab. So that 10-20 Dom is really worth 20-40 Dom.

As your gear goes up, the affinity bonuses will as well, but still you'll find that you really want to push the Dom envelope with each new Tier of content you achieve. For example I was using mostly flat gear bonuses coasting through Tiers 1-2-3, but I had to work at it to push my Dom above 550 for Tier 4 stuff, needed to respec a few times to break that 500 and then 550 barrier. Now I am not looking forward to breaking the needed 800 DOm for Tier 5 stuff coming up. I'm gonna have to work quite a bit to finagle and sacrifice some 'fat' in another respec to get that magic number.

But priorities for you for quite some time to come will be Vit, then Dom. Both make a HUGE impact in how your powers work. VIt for power recharging, and Dom for shields and crowd control.
  14. villcon New Player

Thanks Alot!!
  15. BomombRook New Player

Exactly. And also as for the 800 dom, the t5 troller gear will help make it easier to get to most likely.
  16. CCBatson Dedicated Player

Not sure how the logic of having to do T5's to get T5-capable gear makes sense since you'd by logic be below the required Dominance until you've gotten the gear. Kinda silly really.
  17. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

Just to chuck in my two cents; each raid etc has a minimum dom recommendation - if you're dom is below the recommended amount you won't be able to successfully CC.

Once you meet the mimim requirement for everything you want to run, the only real reason to increase your dom is for shields - more dom & resto = stronger shields.

As far as mods go, I mod dom + vit in blue, pure vit in yellow and vit + precision in reds.
  18. BomombRook New Player

It's their way lol. Either way you need to do the t5 alert and solos to get the t5 gear to do the t5 raid to get t5.2 or t5.5 gear
  19. villcon New Player

oh, i didnt realize that? lol anyways, just an update when i got home yesterday morning from work i swapped all my gear out for max vit and dom and got some after the ring war from the vendor. all in all in 20 mins i went from 78 dom ( Starting when i got home) to 468 dom and over 600 vitaization! lol crazy. while on a raid got some star gloves (role based) which upped my dps, dom and vit by quite a bit. i decided to swicth and they are without a doubt amazing for power regen but suck when comboing. :( maybe im just really used to dual pistols and rifle but these seem alot more difficult to combo and pvp........ ill try them again today but i might just end up switching back.
  20. villcon New Player

thanks again for all the help! btw im on us ps3 as thelegendaryvillcon