Question on Modding PvP

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by xJenovax, Jan 21, 2014.

1. xJenovax Well-Known Player

For a healer back in my day (pre Last Laugh) healers would mod up Resto Precision on all red and yellow. Is it still like this or is RestoX the only way to go on yellow? I remember in top tier Pvping even the healer needed to do be able to do damage. Somebody that has been around if you could catch me up, it'd be much appreciated.

Thx in advanced.
  2. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Bump so I can get advice.
  3. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I would mod as you mod in PVE, straight resto in yellow, resto prec in reds and resto health in blues. I never healed pvp but from my experience the damage a healer does won't make much of a difference in a deathmatch, Unless you are celestial (damage in celestial is too OP atm even when in healer)

Again, I'm not an Exp healer so I would wait until a good healer replies here. But If I were you just put some synthetic resto mods for the time being and mod resto prec your reds and resto health your blues

:)
  4. xJenovax Well-Known Player

Thanks for getting the ball running Kal.
  5. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

What are you doing in PVP? WHat powerset?

As a celestial I'd recommend getting as much prec as possible. Celestial can be played quite effectively in anything from fully modded DPS w/prec to fully modded healer w/resto and anywhere in between. Even full healer gear malediction is a sweet option, as even with the damage you put out in full healer that's still ends up being like a 500-1k heal every 2s which is hardly shabby.

If you're a Nature/Elec/Sorc healer doing mostly premades of 4/5's I'd say Resto as you being at the top of your game healing will allow the others to survive and do the damage.

If you're more of the PUG guy, or 1s/2s you're gonna need to find some way to do at least some damage, so resto/prec would probably be a good idea.

I don't think there's one right answer basically.
  6. xJenovax Well-Known Player

My power is Nature at the moment. I know pre last laugh even the healers needed to be able to do damage and resto prec was a must. At least it was that way for me. I was just clueless cause I been gone for so long that if all resto is the way to go now or does the healer still need to do dmg in the top tier matches.
  7. Volkenraider Loyal Player

You will only earn an extra 216 prec if you mod prec/resto in your yellows, will that make the difference in a match? I don't think it will. In 4s there is way too much burst damage going, I doubt you will be able to hit so much damage seeing as you will be trying to keep whoever is getting focus fired alive (might be yourself as well).

In 5s you will most likely be block breaking or crowd blocking, so again will your damage make the difference to help overcome the damage the other 2 healers are healing? Again unless you are celestial I doubt it.

Take this with a pinch of salt though, this is just what I've seen from my experience in 4s/5s but I've never healed pvp scrims etc.
  8. xJenovax Well-Known Player

What you say makes sense to some degree the gear is better than my day. More toughness, I might have to go on Villian side and ask a few of my experienced friends their opinion as well. Could use more opinions in here too!