Question on class/classless equipment

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by MrStoob, Mar 1, 2020.

1. MrStoob Well-Known Player

The game says I'm a Tank (sp Ice, currently PvE CR 289), so I've been selecting Tank labelled equipment, noting it provides more protection. I'm using all 'Damage (Superpowers)' based artifacts, augments, traits, etc. and feel like I'm doing some chunky damage now but not necessarily hardy.

So, with the differences between 'Tank' and 'not Tank' equipment, should I stick as I am, go for the higher damage 'not Tank', a set of each, mix'n'match?

In other MMOs it might be called a 'paper' build, where all resources go into high damage at the cost of defence but is this viable in DCUO?

I'm also assuming that Ice is mainly damage based due to the small selection and effects of support skills?

Thanks.
  2. Berza Committed Player

If you want to play as a DPS in multiplayer instances, you should get a full set of non-tank gear, to increase you Might/Precision stats.
    If you want to play tank then use a set of tank gear. It will increase your Health, Defense and Dominance stats. Dominance is the main stat for shield strength, and Ice tanks rely on using their 3 shields, the iconic Hard Light Shield and a shield supercharge.
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Everyone has a Damage role and Support (Tank, Heal or Controller) role. It's best if you are wearing the gear that matches your role. Gear for DPS doesn't have decent support stats, gear for Support roles doesn't have decent damage stats.
    Paper builds do not go well in this game. If you are the tank and you go down, then the whole group will go down trying to pick you up. Ice tanking is all about rotating shields.
    If you want to play both roles you can purchase a second armory. Save your Tank gear/spec to one armory and your DPS gear/spec to another armory.
  4. MrStoob Well-Known Player

Cheers, all.

I'll be adjusting my build to tanky-tank Tank then.