Question for pc players

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sleepy Healer, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Lately I manged to recruit few pc players to my league. None of them used ingame chst. Was this the norm on pc side?. If so how were raids set up with pugs? Ik they use TS and mumble. And I know ppl have to pay for certain ones. But did ppl really take up the extra time to set up a room for the raid.

Please note my question involves pugging.
  2. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Yes it's pretty normal on PC side. With pugs we usually communicate by typing.
    • Like x 5
  3. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

That seems rather dull. Have you had to adjust because of the merge
  4. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

Nope, I still prefer typing than using in-game chat. My personal reason is because I use push-to-talk, and I can't always push-to-talk while in combat. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not, but most of the time when I try to push to talk in combat, it doesn't work and nobody hears me. Besides I type pretty fast, so it's easier for me to type, but If in teamspeak, I will prefer talking.
    • Like x 3
  5. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

It is a bug. Only way to use mic effectivly ingame is to take push to talk off. Which I know pc players hate.
    • Like x 3
  6. Nodens Dedicated Player

As KodyDerp said, we usually communicate with pugs by typing. In the case of new or difficult content, We'll often join a TeamSpeak channel.
    My league had started experimenting with game chat right before the merge, and now keep the system active since we've gained PS players. -but to be honest, I now find myself avoiding the league channel. It seems that the bulk of PS players like to keep their mics on at all times, and you people have no idea how much NOISE you're making. I don't like the sounds of food being unwrapped, people eating next to my ears, vacuums drowning out raid instructions, people blasting crap music on their stereos and thinking they can improve it by singing along... I could go on for several pages detailing the various noises that perpetually flood the channel.
    • Like x 23
  7. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

As I stated in countless threads. 2 cultures mixing is always chaos. The bulk does it for a reason. It's how gaming on ps has always been. Very rarely has anyone used push to talk on ps.

I've played pc games and everyone prefer push to talk.

Since it's not against tos. Theres nothing that can happen. Which makes it harder for pc players. My best advice is probably to keep doing what your doing. There's just no escaping it from ps players :(
  8. Doctor Nova Devoted Player

anyone that has been online gaming for a while... all are muted in settings.
    Mute all, since Halo MP. its a given. barking dogs, crying babies, music, chewing on snacks, mouth breathing... FU, mute all. I'm not taking the time to mute individuals. its been rarely useful to hear anyone.
    Type it if necessary. Hope everyone has done it b4 in the Pug group.
    • Like x 1
  9. MrGT Well-Known Player

Don't pug much at all. But if we do then we normally type. In league runs we much prefer to use voice chat and we mostly use in game chat options. We do try to encourage everyone to use push to talk.
    • Like x 1
  10. Jumpnit Dedicated Player

This x1000 basically before merge I only had to mute 2 or 3 players a week because of open mics. Now it is every other instances and this is not an exaggeration because of reasons listed above.

And added some to ignore because they que into a duo check what platform im on (for some reason) then complain and talk trash the entire instances.
    • Like x 4
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

On PC it is much easier to type then on PS.
    So typing is often what people prefer to use on PC.

Sadly with mics... too often you will have people
    eating crunchy chips in your ear....
    or listen to Rap Hop Hip Hop....
    or that kind of stuff.

Heck I gave up on using mic on PS a long time ago.
    Only use my mic now with Leaguemates or with friends.
  12. LT Schmitt Committed Player

every time I see PC players complain about PS players not using push to talk it makes me laugh, EVER game I have played where the headset is needs has someone blaring music, wife yelling, eating food, snoring, smoking, and so on and it's always been a fact of life on the PS and the positives out way any negative. For example in raids where the boss has a reflect and you may not see it having people yell out block is helpful what do PC players stop blocking to type?
    • Like x 3
  13. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

Ty you all for the feedback. This helps me better understand pc side a lil. Trying to embrace this merge. But ik pc playera are gonna hate open mics from ps.

Does anyone have a suggestion to this problem
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Using push to talk would be a good start.

That or if players could have just a little bit of consideration for other players??

Understanding that when people eat cruchy chips... they do so right in the ear of other players??
    How hard is it to eat first... and then once you are done eating.... you play the game??

Understanding that other people may not like the same music?? or even worse want to hear other players sing??

Players don't want to hear the screaming wife??? or the crying babies??

And a billion other things like that.

Sadly.... many see that as normal...... or they just don't give a crap about other players. :(
    • Like x 9
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Even if that is true that every game is like that.... which is not.....

How does that make having blaring music OK??
    • Like x 2
  16. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

But that's the thing after 5 years on dc. This is normal for ps.
  17. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

I have been playing on PS.... tried a few Leagues on PS these past 4 years..... they all would ask people to use push to talk or they would kick you out of the League.

Only one League did not use push to talk. And even with them..... it was a rare thing that someone would have some music playing.

Only in PUGs did I see this kind of behaviour.

So I set my chat to League chat... and only use my mic with Leaguemates or Friends now..... or to record videos. ;)
  18. Proxystar #Perception

I'm a PC player and I recently turned on in game voice to communicate with PS players, I only rarely use it to talk and still often find myself typing.

I actually play with a controller on my PC, push to talk works perfectly fine it's just pressing "right" on the D pad to active, not that hard really.

My only problem isn't people using voice activation, it's when people decide it's acceptable to play while gargling their mic down their throat and playing next to a tractor milling a paddock, that is uncool.
    • Like x 7
  19. Sleepy Healer Steadfast Player

So you have 0 issues in combat with it?
    • Like x 1
  20. Supergirly Dedicated Player

Actually, if people pay attention to the raid, they can do this without a single word. All I see PC players type is stuff like.... ready or just r Or they may say stop or HEALS! or POWER! that is all I ever see. I think that if more people pay attention to the raid, and not what people are saying, it would go smoother.

I am pretty sure that people have done raids in MMO long before mics were even part of the equation... am I right?
    • Like x 9