Question for Arrrow fans?

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Volkenraider, May 26, 2016.

1. Volkenraider Loyal Player

I'll try keep this short.

So we finished season 4 and give or take a season covers a year in the flashbacks (he always mentions "5 years ago this and that" every season)

Doesn't it bug anyone that we're so close to reaching the 5 year mark (when Oliver returned) and its getting hard to believe how Oliver got his ridiculous pin point accurate aim, perfect Russian and Chinese language proficiency and overall martial arts ability?

Season 1 he threw an arrow tip to disarm captain lance in the dark while standing sideways.. Kinda hard to pick up that accuracy.. Same with his "Perfect accent" Chinese as stated by a guy he interrogated (hot sauce scene)..

In Season 2 he barley got enough training from Slade to be able to fight Merlyn to a stalemate in my opinion.

Season 5 will be in Russia so that might explain his Russian.

Also his long hair and beard (maybe it was a wig to convince people he was in Lian Yu the whole time)

Any opinions?
  2. 8balls Well-Known Player

If this was a modern day martial arts series that would definably bug me, but seeing as it's supers series which by the way is the most fantastical genre known to man? Not really, I mean if batman can dodge a bullet and kung fu so hard that he can actually hurt darksied I don't see why arrow can't throw an arrow tip like that
  3. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Well Batman has been training since he was like 14 in the comics... He still has ridiculous feats but draw a comparison to the Dark Knight Trilogy.. He spent 7 years training which included RAG hence why its "believable" how he can take down a SWAT team + goons, fight 10 assasins at once and take down Bane.

My arguments here are taking comic feats aside xD
  4. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Hollywood magic lol
    Hawkeye can do bull's-eye tricks with non arrows
    Just like bull's-eye from dare devil,

So yeah, y not
  5. 8balls Well-Known Player

Well yeah but the Dark Knight trilogy is in it's own separate universe that based heavily off of our ohysics, where the super villains are designed so they could possibly happen in our reality rather than something that could happen in the DC primary universe. Also, the Arrow series takes place in the Flash universe, and since that universe still has mad science seeping out of it's pores what with the guy who can shrink without freezing to death and a guy who can shoot radiation without being irradiated himself. The dark knight trilogy was more of a crime movie made to feel like a supers movie. Arrow is a supers show through and through and as such should feel like one where a normal man can train himself to punch out a god.
  6. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Yeah I get all that, honestly its up to the writers. Even the whole magic arc this season which I wasn't that fond of already jumps the gun in the whole reality aspect.

All I'm questioning here is that as Oliver has no meta abilities, how does he get that good in a short amount of time. Maybe a hyperbolic chamber caused by Flash and his time travelling/multiverse jumping ability lol

Well hes a highly trained shield agent xD But yeah hollywood magic ftw!

Hopefully they can use some of that magic to bring back Season 2 Arrow quality back haha
  7. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Not interested in a mayor arrow season? , never know what kinda possibilities it can create ;)
  8. Volkenraider Loyal Player

As long as they keep it consistent I'm all for it. This season was even anti climatic at points... Oliver struggling to even fight against Ghosts but overpowers Merlyn in less than 2 minutes... The last street fight against Dahrk had me cringing.. let alone the speech lol

Its too early for the show to pull a Leviathan type season like Supernatural had (not sure if u watch SN or not haha)
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Forget Leviathan, Supernatural has finally actually found God (and his sister kicked his ****)
  10. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

Wow... way to spoil things. Not cool. Not even close. Don't forget it doesn't air at the same time all over the world. Some of us have to wait weeks before it airs over here. Guess there's not much point watching now. :(

As for Arrow, I'm not sure what I think of the finale, or the next season. It's getting a bit too ridiculous for my taste. Season one was somewhat "realistic", as in no metahumans and all that. Now we've had Constantine literally going to Hell, Darhk nuking a city (!) and getting magical powers. But even with all that going on, what really matters? Felicity failed to stop the nuke, so tens of thousands of people died. Next episode, she's back to being happy and cheerful. Thea and John both leaving the team? Not gonna happen. At least one will be back soon enough. My guess is one of them might be gone for a while, so they have something to bulid a flashback on for season six. (even that is questionable.)

And as for training... how did Laurel get so freaking good at fighting all of a sudden? Wildcat? If so, he should start a superhero school. The city would be full of heavily trained vigilantes in less than a week. :p
  11. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Afraid of spoilers? Don't click something that is obviously a spoiler chat thread, it's like not wanting to know the score of a game before you get home to watch the recording, keep radio off n don't surf the web
  12. montazumas revenge Devoted Player

Supernatural fan yes please :) , god n Amara merging , leaving Winchesters in "charge" mommy resurrection or a cruel trick ?
  13. Volkenraider Loyal Player

Well Laurel had self defense training for a lot years and she was trained by Nyssa, Wildcat and Oli himself. He also bugs her time and time again that she needs more training. Also she is constantly on patrol fighting bad guys so It can sort of explain it.

Honestly this season has been all over the place... Hopefully Roy comes back, they cut the whole BS between Oli and Felicity and do a "realistic" threat like Season 1 or 2. Simple yet elegant. Oliver needs to kick some serious *** again.

I feel like a broken record, but after Superantural's terrible season of leviathan (sorry the finale was spoiled by someone btw) they went back the roots of monster hunting and stuck to the Angels vs Demons which kinda worked.

Hopefully they get it together

ps: Try Putlocker or Watchfree.to - u can catch up with any show
  14. Volkenraider Loyal Player

My theory Dean is in heaven.. I still think God planned everything out and was pretending to be hurt.
  15. SuperSoldier Devoted Player

So flashback Oliver Queen has 1 year left to gain the skills that we see him have when he returned from the "island" in Season 1... which would be considerable since current flashback Oliver is nowhere near the skills of Season 1 Arrow.:confused:

I thought we already established that the show's strong points don't include the writing.:p
    • Like x 1
  16. Asura_Revenge17 Level 30

The writing of Arrow was good S1 and S2, then the writers left for Flash :)
  17. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

So where are they now? I mean, Arrow season 1 and 2 was excellent. Flash season 1 was excellent. Anything beyond that... meh. Are they simply struggling with too many shows going on at once? Keep in mind although Superiglrl was on another network and filmed in another location, they had at least one of the EPs from Arrow and Flash. With LoT, that's four shows going on at once, with many of the same people involved. I liked Supergirl (though it wasn't exactly flawless), but less is more.

Think about the movies. Spider-man 3 failed hard because there were too many characters involved. Avengers: Age of Ultron was fun, but there were once again too many characters involved. It was hard to care about characters that had very little screen time. Amazing Spider-man 2? Felt more like setting up Sinister Six than an actual Spider-man movie. Batman v Superman? The less we speak about that abomination, the better. But even that felt rushed in most places, and too interested in keeping that "mystery woman" everyone knew who is right from the start let me care about her, and adding boring Justice League hints and teasers I didn't care about. And now both Arrow and Flash are part of a four-series multiverse? That's too much of a good thing. What they really should have done all along is keep LoT as a between-seasons thing, and keep Supergirl seperate from Arrow and Flash.
  18. The peoples Badguy Committed Player

The Bad guy says it was in the script. There is your answer.
  19. Asura_Revenge17 Level 30

Personally speaking, Flash S2 has been great and has been received generally well. Excluding the netflix tv shows, it's probably the best superhero show right now alongside AoS. The writers of Flash only works on the Flash. There are separate writing teams for the shows though they may have a common link in producers and companies. That's why Arrow took a nosedive and turned into tumblr fangirl fanfic come to life.
    • Like x 1
  20. DarkLadyAthena Dedicated Player

I do enjoy the series a lot, and I'm really looking forward to season 3. As well as Arrow, LoT and Supergirl returning, of course. That doesn't mean I don't think the writing is still on top. There are just so many ridiculous things going on now, that I don't even know where to start. It makes me concerned about season 3. Since the writing went downhill this season, will it keep getting worse next season? Or can they improve and make a season that matches season 1? Or even tops it?

Though I think one of the biggest issues with The Flash is that the first season was all new. Both we and the writers had to get to know the universe, test the limits, figure out what the characters could do, and so on. But in season two, the story was over. Barry was now The Flash, so where could they take the story from there? Smallville could have had the same issue, but Clark didn't put his suit on until the finale. Arrow spent time making Oliver the Arrow, and he only recently became Green Arrow. But he has a bunch of partners that currently feel like his entourage. They can easily focus on making them 'real' partners. Sort of like Flash is doing, with Cisco slowly turning into Vibe.

As for Arrow, we already had Slade Wilson in season 1, so it made sense to have him as the villain in season 2. But season 2 had a happy ending, so where could they take season 3? Is it a coincidence that's where the series started taking bad turns? ;) Once the main premise is done, any series will struggle. Some makes it beyond that (Supernatural had a really bad season 6, but it's been great since), yet many fail to keep the interest after the initial story. That's what makes me the most interested in both Supergirl and LoT next season. Both have finished their main premises, so where to take the story now? Just keep going with the same old, or can they refresh themselves and be 'new' again? Fingers crossed. :)
    • Like x 1