Question about villain side

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Wallachia, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Wallachia Devoted Player

Good day everyone,

I always liked playing the hero, specially in DCUO, but there is somehing strongly peeving me in group content: if the person has CR above 285 and has a clrealy copied name, either with numbers in place of letters, or a DC character clone, the person will, almost like a stereotyped law, rush the content by skipping the adds, to the point that the game becomes a race.

I am not exaggerating. I have written down on paper some names and noticed they are ONLY on low level content doing that. And not only they do that but some of them didn't even find all nodes. Yesterday a CR 305 didn't know the right path in Arkham Asylum.

So, what I want to know on villain side is: how is the population? Do groups run smoothly? What about low tier content? Is it quick to get or do we play waiting game forever? Also, do you guys suffer from Superman28310837104387293 at CR 285+ rushing everything too or is it better over there? I do know that villain players have better situational awareness in content, because my first toon was a villain, but I want to know more.

It will be sad to be the bad guy, but, content racers are peeving me too much.

Cheers.
  2. Lugo Well-Known Player

Not sure if there's any difference between the hero and villain experience these days when it comes to content and the community. Or at least I barely notice the difference. Could probably just merge the two at this point.

And I'm assuming the hero side has more players, but with the Suicide Squad thing and all, don't we all have the same queues?
  3. Wallachia Devoted Player

Suicide Squad only applies from tier 4 and above, I guess.
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

Queues are...well...they're there, I guess. I'm not sure if they actually pop. LFG is a slightly better bet, but I haven't really done the whole "create a new toon from scratch and go it alone" route in years and years. We're still pretty cliquey on the villain side, but if you can find a good group to run with, that is orientated toward your particular goals and fits your style, well...that's the ideal.
    • Like x 1
  5. Irvynnge Loyal Player

from what I can remember, the queues on the villain side are almost always pretty much non-existent. unless something's drastically improved since I played on the USPC. I know that over on the EUPS, it's still a chore queuing into anything. as suggested, your best bet is LFG. as to XOLBatman1234sillysquiggle coming in & ballsing everything up, that happens no matter what side you're playing on if you pug.
    • Like x 1
  6. wm2020 New Player

Arkham Asylum as an alert which requires skill would cause 90% of end game players to leave if they didn't have that overwhelming advantage from CR. They have been spoiled by simple mechanics in the last 10 or so episodes.

Imagine there was a bonus week with all of the tier 1 - 4 alerts scaled up. You would have 20 discussions demanding nerfs because of adds ruining their day. Honestly some of them would deserve it, based on my recent experiences with high CR characters entering tier 6 and 7 raids.

But to your point about skipping adds, both sides do it. One consequence of the recent LPVE event is skipping adds became the best strategy for getting to the bosses quickly, so I guess we will all just have to accept it to an extent.
    • Like x 2
  7. Irvynnge Loyal Player

if the recent Amazon Fury Raid the Universe event taught me anything, it's that CR is no indication of skill or common sense. not that I didn't actually know that, already. the event just put a big red full stop on it. & even the more recent mechanics ( match the images, for instance, or don't click on that judge - or that judge - or my favourite: don't stand next to me!!! ) seem a bit beyond some people.
    • Like x 1