Quantum might/rage dps suggestions Plz

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Qwantum Abyss, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

As title states im looking for new ideas for just 2 slots.
    Love my loadout, love my arts, etc
    I am NOT looking to change much just tryin to be more functional and do more damage IF its possible with what i have. I cant stress enough that i Am NOT changing whats fun for me. Im am ONLY seeking ideas fir 2 or 3 of my slots plz.

Arts:
    Solar amp
    La Mort
    Trans card

Powers: (I wont change these)
    Tunnelling
    HV
    Energy expulsion

Powers im willing to hear suggestions on
    Anomly (for PI and i like the cc of it in solo/duo content)
    Tachyon blast (0.5 sec cast burst w/AOE)
    Oblivion (supercharge)

What say you folks???
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

3. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Yea i watch all chill’s vids for ideas too. His stuff is too “meta” i guess you would say for my taste (like im not switching to super speed for dirvish an such as an example). I have rhe base of whats fun for me an works better than im sure ppl think. Its those extra 2-3 slots im open to playin a round with. Thats a good vid tho, he breaks down a few dif might loafouts for various situations.
    Thnx for the reply
    • Like x 1
  4. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

If you are looking for a one loadout fits all build right now its heavily single target focused so you will need to fill out the rest for AOE.
    • Distortion Wave is a max range aoe power that doesn't necessarily require the PI setup to have good damage
    • Robot Sidekick would provide high passive damage without needing to worry about fitting it into the rotation as you already have 2 longer channeled powers
    • If you want to build it around Anomaly you can, it would set up the PI for Distortion Wave and provide you the flexibility to maintain a supercharge more often
    • Unless you are doing alot of raiding content I wouldn't necessarily recommend Oblivion because it is overkill you could use a movement mode supercharge or neo-venom boost etc
  5. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

I hadnt really considered distortion wave and i could keep anomaly then for the PI because anomaly has a realpy good “lift up” CC in lower and solo/duo content. Oblivion i do change out alot for robot or other things depending on content but i had not considered neo-venom boost so will look into that as well.
    Appreciate the suggestions!
  6. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Another consideration i had was a cravtiton charged route using the 12s gravity well for PI and an AOE DoT. What am i missing with gravity well? Its a 12s cooldown sure BUT its a decent DoT and it ticks rhe whole 12s so the slow cooldown shoulnt much matter except on mobile bosses or am i missing something here??? I just dont see hardly any quantum dps’s use it in any content so i assume im missing something about it.

Another thing i was debatung was scrapping both an using one of the 0.5s cooldown powers (Dont really matter which) Just to always have something to use and goin with robot for the other slot an keeping oblivion anyway An just running no PI.
    I just dont think oblivion (as stated above) is that useful outside high end raids and am u sure if the robot will make up the damage for lack of a PI
  7. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Did some testing in solo,duo,CoP, and FGS and found rhat w/PI, distortion wave hits 40k+ crits an will do it on multiple adds too which is cool. Neo-venom i didnt care for so for now till more ideas surface or i think of other things to try i will keep oblivion for high end raid stuff an continue to sub for robot in lower, single target, and solo/duo type stuff

Appreciate the feedback
  8. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I still have Grav Well in my loadout. It works great for the open world bosses in the WV DLC cause you can through it out and get the DoT while avoiding their V attacks where you have to block to make sure you get enough damage in during the massive groups to get to tier rewards. Plus in a raid, it does ground/stun, so when there are a ton of ads it gives the tank an second to shake his hands out and stretch his fingers if needed.
    • Like x 1
  9. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

What do u run with it as a loadout? As a dps i dont find an issue getting rewards from OP bounties. Doesnt matter what i do. Seems just my or ital is enough to hit threshhold but i use HV w/solar amp too so boss damage there is no issue.
    Gravity well seems like a really good AOE dot to me, thats why i was curious why i rarely see dps’s use it
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You rarely see DPS use Gravity Well because they're using the Grimorium for PI setup. Gravity Well is a good AoE but if you're using it on a boss that moves around too much or the tank that constantly yanks adds it's not that viable.
  11. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

See thats what i thought. I just figured lots now days swapped powers inbetween fights or runs to maximize. Figured they’d add it for say F&B an take it out for amazo. That sort of thing but no matter the content i rarely see it
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The main selling point of Gravity Well is the PI setup. If you have Grimorium setting up your PI then Gravity Well isn't needed because there's harder hitting abilities you could use.
  13. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Fair enough, i wasnt even lookin at it from a PI perspective. Thnx
  14. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

No, I don't have an issue getting top tier with the bounties, I was just saying, it gives me a constant DOT in case I stop to be nice and do pickups and such or go in with broken armor so I have to block. I was trying to make the point that it is nice to have that going on since we are really a stationary power and cant run and gun all that well.
    • Like x 1
  15. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Im one of the most mobile dps’s i have personally seen. Quantum is the ideal power to run an gun
    I cite quantum tunneling :)
    Its my bread n butter so to speak lol

Handblasters to slightly reposition an tunneling to:
    1) make big instant moves to pickup, do mechanics, reposition, anything really
    2) dumps aggro
    3) provides immunity for a moment like a shield (not as long tho)
    4) damage reduction for a short time
    5) crazy fun IMO
  16. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

I agree, I will go completely powerless before I run without QT, heck, I even use it just running through my bass,the watchtower, or the league hall.
    • Like x 1
  17. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

100% too much fun and too much utility to ignore as a quantum dps IMO.
    For me its saved too many raids from wipes especially when puggin it lol
  18. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

Sadly my fiance is more of a Marvel person (although I think I may have gotten him hooked on DCUO now), so when he sees me do it, he calls it my Nightcrawler power....LOL
  19. Qwantum Abyss Loyal Player

Fair enough hahaha, tell him msg me an i will teach him how to use it hahaha
  20. Magg Redd Well-Known Player

He went Nature cause he liked the wolf form...LOL