Pvp side is broken (Fire Tank and Sorcery Heal)

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by AceOfTheSpades, Jul 23, 2016.

1. AceOfTheSpades New Player

Okay,So everybody knows when a self healing fire tank shows up its like It will take ages killing him,and If it is two vs two than xP
    Yesterday,A good sorcery user showed up in arena 5v5 and 4v4 which the opposition team won because that guy didn't even die,If you get rid Of his watcher he used soder and supercharge but didn't ***** die,making me believe that pvp side is broken.Dev should do something about this,so I hope they do it before new gear comes out!
    • Like x 1
  2. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

This isn't news
    • Like x 1
  3. Scrub Well-Known Player

Fire was so bad in Pve at one time they would get kicked from group just for being fire...leave them alone in PvP its the only place fire gets to be good
    • Like x 1
  4. GhostsAndMagic Dedicated Player

Really? than why did rage get nerfed into the ground?
  5. VariableFire Loyal Player

The ironic thing about that is the reason Fire got so broken bad in the first place was because of PVP whiners.
  6. SpicyMoonlight Devoted Player

I'm pretty sure this never happened to me.
  7. RyderSM Well-Known Player

PVP is the only thing fire has. In PVE fire is the electric of tank powers.
  8. Saint Nutella Loyal Player

Fire is fine in PvE.
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

self healing fire tank? thats the whole point of a fire tank lol. A tank isn't suppose to be a easy fight period its a shame the other tanks are irrelevant because they arent designed around self heals..which means they are sitting ducks because their precision is capped at like 2600 somewhere around there and shields are useless. meanwhile a dps can hit 4000 in precision.

Ice tank- extinct
    Rage tank - Extinct
    Earth Tank - Rare
    Atomic tank - pending extinction
    Fire tank - pending extinction

congrats the community has wiped out a whole support role in pvp because nobodies ever satisfied and we want nerf ner nerf lol.

next up sorcery/Nature healers

yeah keep nerfing the support roles, well all be running around as DPS eventually.

if arenas is to hard for you, you have the option of always playing legends pvp thats where most old school pvp'ers are anyway. Thats where i started out until i learned the ropes in pvp and how to attack certain opponent no matter what role or power they were using

and here's my advice you run into a fire tank make them run out of power and they cant heal and they do run out of power fairly quickly unlike atomic tanks.

Sorcery healer.. attack the healer and attack the watcher work on both at the same time.. the watcher is squishy anyway dont just fight the watcher because while your doing that their busy working their power bar back up. some sorcery healers will notice your going hard after their watcher and will come in front and block so beware of that and block break them as well.
  10. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Earth and atomic tanks are OP in group games because of their mitigation, what?
  11. gemii Dedicated Player

Overall how many earth tanks do you actually encounter in pvp?

and about atomic..they only have a 10 percent mitigation that they receive when their aura is active, that defense/toughness boost is disabled in pvp arenas and replaced by a +1.45 max health per point of dominance boost. its not as OP as you may assume and still relies heavily on self healing from combos to stay alive.. again a nerf to heals = pending extinction

either A- increase the damage of DPS

or

B - Reduce the healing of support role and Buff their damage until power balance becomes relevant.
  12. Command Overlord Well-Known Player

When dps in PvP was reduced, the healing in PvP remained the same. Since the universal PvP gear grants all stats, restoration being one of them makes fire and atomic tanks annoying. But even in dps role fire and atomic heal a lot over a period of time. If gears were split back to role gear, stats would be only for that specific role which would reduce unbalancing problems from PvP.
  13. gemii Dedicated Player

Dps healing also needs to be fixed alot of things in pvp need to be fixed it probably wont happen until the new season comes around.
  14. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Earth and Atomic Tanks both mitigate 47% Damage to team mates. It is suppose to only be 25% but has been broken for as long as we can tell. The Developers are aware of it but have not been able to identify how to fix it.

So yes...in group battles Earth and Atomic Tanks are OP.
  15. gemii Dedicated Player

yeah? i thought it was only 10 percent or is that only in like 1v1 or am i just completely wrong.

1v1 = 10% percent?

groups = still 47% percent?

i can see how that is OP if so being grouped up
  16. Brother Allen Loyal Player

No clue about 1v1's gemii. I'm only aware of the issue in group content and group mitigation.
  17. Absolix Loyal Player

Apparently both Reinforce and Subatomic Substitution place shields on the players they are transferring damage from in Tank Role.
    So, players are getting 25% damage mitigation from the shield and then 25% of the remaining 75% of the damage getting through the shield is transferred. That means 43.75% of the damage is mitigated.

I'm not even sure if there is a damage cap to these shields, or why they even there considering they aren't mentioned in the power descriptions.
  18. Beefiest Cakes Committed Player

No issue with them since I'm Atomic;)
  19. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Maybe just to this who don't understand how to use fire. It works just fine.
    • Like x 1
  20. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

and here's my advice you run into a fire tank make them run out of power and they cant heal and they do run out of power fairly quickly unlike atomic tanks

This is not true. Fire tanks healing is not the only things broken. Their healing SC heals for a cap ton. Running them out of power does not work by itself.

I think what you mean is keep them on their butt. Tanks and healers play for blues. Our heals are strong, but not as strong as a lot of the damage that can come in. The 5 second blue immunity is what makes them feel unkillable.

This is where the devs and community are stuck. A lot want the RPS system back and a lot want counters to do more damage. You can't have both. This is what broke pvp and lead to those movement mode debuffs. There is not a simple fix over all.