PvP > PvE

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Jake IX, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

A duel != legends (one kill shows nothing especially with how high crits hit in open world) and both will admit playing me in a 1v1 is still different from playing either of them :D

Though I'll be interested to see if what you say carries any weight, I'll come over and spectate a legends or arena 1v1 between you both and see how you do. Talk is cheap ;)

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying PvE doesn't require skill, of course it does. However in terms of the level of difficulty required to reach the top in both, PvP is much harder.
  2. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

Hey man don't spoil it for me.... I'm just an average player having fun when I run into these two... A nice little thing for me to get a kill
    I'm not that great, it was probably luck, but I can still be happy about it
  3. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Oh of course, I thought you were trying to use it as an example PvE > PvP. It's certainly something to be proud of :)
  4. Vulmyss Dedicated Player

And personally, I'm rather balanced on the subject. I have like 500 MoV. In t1 pvp, and I do my pvp on my t5 fully modded. It's quite op(against most people, not buzzworthy :( ) but I do pvp for the exceptional recovery kits, and I just like doing legends as well. As a matter of fact, I spent about an hour yesterday teaching someone about the game, got them t0 pvp, explained about pvp, taught them their legends character, and did some pvp with them(I was loot locked on everything) So I do like pvp.
    But I also like 88 drops in pve, and I still need quite a few pieces from paradox... :(
  5. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Who ever have less lag will win
    • Like x 2
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It will be predictable I can almost guarantee it, and pvp legends is a lag fest, so who ever have the less lag will win
  7. Gant Well-Known Player

Love me some PvP. Love it! Now return our maps back to us, please.
  8. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Fyi when the devs gave r1 a buff it took some of the skill out
  9. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Lag fest? Seems like someone who got destroyed and is looking for excuses ;)

And block got a buff? No it didn't it got a nerf with the windows. I'm gonna back away slowly from this one...

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  10. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Honestly I don't like pvp, half the time the mechanics don't work when they suppose to. I enjoyed last season pvp more then I do this year and I don't see it getting any better. I disagree on the pvp>pve.
  11. Yallander Loyal Player

This is because they changed the counters to work on impact and not activation. Also block is delayed on the front and back ends by like 1/3 to 1/2 second so it feels like you are lagging every time you try to block a hold attack or after you release block and start attacking again. This is only compounded because some attacks are STILL countered on activation and not impact...so all in all the system is more confusing and you have to memorize when to block for each combo to get the most out of it.

The best way to play at this time is on the offensive and then bait your opponent to take advantage of the wonky timing.
    • Like x 1
  12. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

Not sure if you mean PVP phase versus PVE phase or fighting PVP foes versus fighting PVE foes.

I like PVPing in the open world while doing missions and fighting others while they are doing missions.

I'm not one to play a level 30 and attack lower level characters. I figure people that are in PVP mode are in that mode for a reason, but they aren't there to be swatted down by flies by someone that gets no in-game credit for defeating them.
    If I'm an appropriate level (no more than 5 levels above my opponent) then I will fight them.
    I'll usually try to avoid level 30's unless I'm playing a 30 unless I really think I have a drop on them when I'm playing a villain.

I do like the mission content even when I'm in PVP mode.

Arenas PVP tends to be annoying - especially with a level 30 character with low tier armor. I find Arenas PVP at level 30 with a low tier character to be very annoying and not much fun. My connection speed isn't all that great and T5 gear is just too much better than T0 or T1 gear - heck maybe even T2, I just don't want to waste my time queuing into a mission for a relentless beatdown.

LEGENDS PVP is kind of fun, but that isn't something that I even do on a regular basis any more. It's okay, but there are aspects of the game that I find more interesting.

But I will agree with others that have posted that there should be more open world PVP events. I'd like to see some level restricted ones that would get PVE'rs into PVP without them having to worry about getting gacked by level 30's. It's my experience that both the Diamond Heist event and the Ring War event are both mostly dominated by level 30's - when there is anyone else present at all. This hasn't stopped me from taking characters into to those events that aren't even high enough level to get the missions, but then I know what I'm getting myself into.

I have my dueling shut off. It's too annoying having some high level bully come up to one of my lower level character and invite them to a duel when I'm trying to repair my armor or what not at a vendor.

PVE phase seems pretty calm in comparison. There isn't that added chaos of a random jump in by a PVP opponent to break up the preplanned strategies of the PVE opponents. But PVE phase is good to avoid those obnoxious level 30s that can't resist beating down characters with a couple of shots that they don't get any credit for defeating except their own jollies for fighting those that have no chance of defeating them. PVE is much more fun when you are part of a team - even at lower levels. I just wish the grouping mechanic was designed better - it's full of flaws and lacks ANY documentation.
  13. 139 Masks Dedicated Player

What like Dominance and Control effects? :rolleyes:
  14. Phantasy2013 Dedicated Player

Same here as that to me is the only "fun" part of PvPing. Not all that PvP are masters at it. I love PvE as yes I run some of the same maps over and over again, but I get a different group of players who make reruning that particular map that much more interesting each time. If devs would consider makibg just on armor and one stat that would be suitable for both PvP and PvE, then I would be inclined to take PvP more seriously. At this point, PvP is one big joke. At least with PvE, I feel its alot more rewarding and statisfying each and everytime I earn loot, marks or helping rookie Villains complete an Alert or Raid.

Also, PvP is not so predictable and unique as some make it out to be at the current state its in but everyone is entitled to their opinion. I will say Legends PvP is pretty awesome.
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Did you pvp before immunities? And I don't pvp anymore and when I did I didn't get destroyed I had to adjust to the lag in EVERY match and still won more than I loss
  16. Yallander Loyal Player

Wait so you haven't PVP'd in pretty close to 2 years and seem to think that your experiences then are the same now...

Yeah any conversation with you is pointless.
    • Like x 1
  17. JEEBIE Steadfast Player

^^ playing at the top of PVP will always be harder than PVE... I never care to get that good though, you guys are ridiculous and I'll stick to my PVE lol :p All that said, if you're not doing consistent EO runs you can't really call t5 PVE easy either, especially not predictable.
  18. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I didn't say I haven't pvped in two years, when I did pvp legends it was laggy never gave a time frame.
  19. Yallander Loyal Player

So that means what to the rest of us? Either:

A. The server was bogged down and experiencing lag
    B. Your connection was bogged down and experiencing lag

Either way that doesn't comment on all of PVP, just your experience and it has nothing to do with the upper players skill level.
  20. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

On the ps3 side legends is a lag fest most of the time, so when you say the rest of us you talking about a small minority because your on the pc. Yes this is my experience if everytime I random que I get lag im gonna assume it's a lag fest