Pvp map rotation ......

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by PaperGirl, Oct 24, 2013.

1. WockaFlockaPhil Dedicated Player

With all due respect, I think the issue is WE (the community) have not heard feedback on the primary issues with Map Rotation. Primarily, why, yet again, Moon 5v5 or Safehouse: Rescue are not in the rotation. You mentioned that the maps had "issues" or something along the lines of that but, we have yet to hear what specific issues. If anything, Watchtower HQ has major issues with the Objective target getting glitch and stuck in midair so only other people can see it, yet we still see that in the rotation every time. I promise, if you make it as clear as possible as to why these maps are in the rotation, and show more transparency on the issues, you won't see this thread pop up half as often without people saving you the time and explaining.
  2. ncgreenlantern Loyal Player

I think most of the problems with PVP and to some extent PVE are the devs listening to a small part of the community. It's happened time and time again from weapons and power nerfs to insanely stupid loot changes these messages boards have proven that some times the loudest voices isn't the one you should listen too .
  3. Critics New Player

Need Moon back please!!
  4. PaperGirl New Player

You just don't understand me .

1: I got all Pvp feats except "win 250 duels by the skin of you teeth" " and 100 diamond pvp events" , so you are wrong .

2: I don't need Safehouse and Moon , because as i stated 'm playing mostly Deathmatchs maps , only nodes based maps i'm playing are Star Labs and Ace .

3:AS you again didn't read me correctly , there is noone that Scrimmage areneas on EUPC anymore .
    But when the Scrimmage feature wasn't in Place , we could meet some Premades everyday (exactly what i like only , premades).

So if you read me right :rolleyes:, Scrimmage feature doesn't give us any Arenas premades matchs on EUPC anymore .

But on the other side , if we could have all maps like before i could meet many premades of the leagues around , they don't queue because , people don't want to be forced to play maps that they don't like .

A last thing (because you always think you are the master and boss of pvp on this forum).

I don't care if pvp pops a lot , because it's not some premades who are queuing , and it's not all the maps avalaible , do you think we all like the same maps ?
  5. Blight KOBRA Commander

The map rotation was an interesting experiment, but now it needs to just die and we need ALL the maps back at once like it was before.
    • Like x 3
  6. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

The only big issue I see arising if they revert the maps back to how they were is the effect the ranked matchmaking is going to have. One of the reasons the maps were limited was so that the queues would pop faster because of the introduction of a ranked matchmaking system. If you're playing with your team who win 99% of their games, you could easily end up waiting a ridiculous amount of time just for a single game on the larger maps. Hopefully they can implement a way which broadens the ranking filter depending on how many people are searching for 1v1/2v2/4v4/5v5/8v8.

I would like to not be forced to play 2v2 lair battles though, that map is horrible :(
    • Like x 2
  7. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I would use the term Abject Failure.

The intentions may have been good, but what we have is not what we were told it was going to be or its a severely trimmed down version of what they had planned.
    • Like x 1
  8. Stamen Dedicated Player

I just don't see how you do it without rotating maps. The wait on the queues, at least USPC, can already take a while. You double or triple the number of option available, it's just going to slow down even more. Personally, I need more of the Safe Houses feats. Someone else might need Hall of Doom and a few more just getting warmed up in Star Labs.

I like the system the way it is, although I wish it did speed around faster to the maps that actually have feats attached to them. If they're all available again, we will lost in the clutter and crying about queue times.
    • Like x 1
  9. Elipsed Level 30

They should just leave the feat maps up all the time like legends: ace chemicals, batcave and arkham and for arena: star labs, pit, australia...etc.
    And rotate 2-3 other maps, and also make the marks farmable again. o_O
  10. Ace1 Dedicated Player

How about having 7 maps at a time?
  11. Giggles Loyal Player

Oh I see, like I said you just want to pug stomp. The reason I say this is because of the reason you just gave me in this post. You said "No one scrimmages arenas on EUPC anymore", so with that comment that means you are the only or one of the only serious PvP leagues left on that server, why are you asking for the ability to pug stomp, especially if you already have all the feats? The system is working great, it sounds to me like you should stop premading, and pug more often.

Based on everything you just said above, you don't need feats, you don't need anything in Arenas, and no premades exist on EUPC. So you just want the map of your preference to go pug stomping on. That's all I got out of it. The funny part is, you pug stomp often, and then wonder why no one is PvPing on EUPC. Players like you are the problem. If you want real premade vs premade PvP then start shouting and looking around for other premades. Don't complain because no one wants to play with you, because no devs can fix that, that's all on you.

For anyone in this thread who thinks the queue times are too long, the devs themselves said the matchmaking system works BEST when you queue up ALONE for PvP. The information from Tunso and Spytle can be found on the SOE Live 2013 PvP panel video. Try it, and you will see matches pop much faster and will be far more interesting because you have no idea who you will be placed with and against and if you queue for all Arenas at once, you will not know what map to expect either. Trust me, it's a lot of fun.

So trust me PaperGirl, I'm reading and understanding what you are saying just fine, you just continue to contradict yourself in your explanations. One of the easiest contradictions is in your OP you say you scrimmage often, yet in this last post, you say no one scrimmages. So it seems like you are just complaining for the sake of complaining because you cannot get your story straight. Stop contradicting yourself. ;)
  12. PaperGirl New Player

You don't worth a long replay , you'r just stupid .

You'r from USPC , i'm on EUPC , there are premade on EUPC, they just don't queue when the map are bad .

You seem to know better than me if i like killing pugs .

But you didn't read me ? I'm staying afk 100% of the time when i queue with my league if it's not a premade against us .

When i queue with my league , and if it's pugs vs us , we don't need a healer because everything is dying after 10 sec .

Why do i answer to giggles anyway ... waste of time .

If you was on EUPC you would know that everytime that someone ask for scrimmage i'm here .

I don't do any pvp since more than 3 months because of the pvp rotation , and because competitive pvp doesn't exist anymore .

How is that pugstomping if i don't queue anymore ?
  13. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

I'll bet if they had SH & HQ at the same times as maps most people like those 2 would never pop but the others would be instant, like it was before the update.
  14. Giggles Loyal Player

@PaperGirl

I didn't quote you because your post broke forum guidelines.

One post you say there are no premades who PvP on EUPC and now in this thread you say there are but they do not like to queue when certain maps are there. So it all goes back to my last question, if you guys are just trying to PvP against other premades, why aren't you using scrimmage? There is no excuse, you just need to make up your mind if premades exist or not on your server. You keep changing that part of your story and contradicting yourself.

If you are afking against pugs, you are not PvPing, so why queue up in the first place if you know the chances of you getting pugs are higher than getting another premade? It sounds like you and your league just enjoy pug stomping. Again the answer to all your problems is to use scrimmage, sorry if you do not like the answer, but that is the answer to your problem.

Lastly, stop contradicting yourself. It really hurts any argument you are attempting to make.
    • Like x 1
  15. Horrorshow New Player

@ Everyone
    Just ignore Giggles. No matter what you do he is going to try to derail threads and get you in trouble, until the thread is either closed or you are banned. Giggles is a troll point blank.

Anyways, I just want to see new ways to play existing maps wit new game types and etc. They did promise us that when they were going to do PVP map rotation that there would be new game types and maps that are usually 1v1 and 2v2 will be 4v4 and 5v5. PVP map rotation is working for the most part. It is just boring to have to be forced to play some of these maps with the same game type over and over again. Most people just prefer and kill vs kill map and not stand on nodes. ;/
    • Like x 2
  16. Heero Blaze Well-Known Player

Can we at least get HQ: Watchtower 8v8 removed? It still glitches like hell.
  17. HLAssassin Well-Known Player

Didn't read the entire thread, but I think there is a simple solution to this whole map rotation thing. Put a vote option in. Let everyone vote for what maps of each team size they want to be in the next rotation. That'd save a bit of trouble.
  18. Horrorshow New Player

OMG don't get me started. HQ 8v8 glitches all the time for me. The mech suit in Safehouse 4v4 glitches on me as well. They need to remove the annoying NPC characters, or at least limit it to one iconic character and get rid of the adds.
  19. Maxx_Watt Loyal Player

And it just plain suks, same with all the SH maps.