Pvp is Senseless

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by WнуѕOѕєяιoυ5, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Let's hope the game lasts that long. People have left for changes and lack of changes to PvE too.
    • Like x 1
  2. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

Seems to be of a common notion that all I've done is Legends 2v2. I've done 4s and 5s before, Legends and Arenas alike (before it became totally unbearable). People spamming from the air may be annoying, (not that I buy the idea that most people do it) but it's also free immunity. Which is why I welcome it. It wouldn't be that appealing if AM didn't do so much damage and people actually punished people for doing it in game.

When I say punished, I mean countered. Last I checked the only way to get out of a hard stun in Arenas was via the breakout trinket or Quantum Tunneling, which you won't find much because the breakout trinket has a 60 second cooldown, and Quantum is a weaker power compared to the big 3. So knock them out of the sky and smash them on the ground, if they're dumb enough to keep doing it, keep punishing them. More immunity for you.
  3. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Have you ever pugged a pvp match? Because i find it hard to believe that you think wm spam from the air don't happen in almost all pvp pug matches. Is wm over-powered in pvp? If a player get hit with 1 wm combo that is alot, that can be a 1 shot right(i'm really asking)? I didn't say anything about what map you play in that post, idk where you pulled that from
  4. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

That "have you ever pugged" question for starters. Pug matches aren't exactly an accurate representation of PvP. Not like scrimms and premade matches.

And yes, toning down WM is something I should've mentioned. But if it's happening as much as you say it does, would it not make sense that people would generally start looking out for it all the time? Surely adaptation isn't beyond us. And no, this is not sarcasm.
  5. CrazyArtBrown Dedicated Player

If you can't beat flying idiots consistently, I think you're confused about who is skill-less here.
    • Like x 4
  6. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Pug matches is the bulk of pvp, so it is an accurate representation of pvp. It's not 1 player doing it, it's usually 2-3 on both sides. They don't just fly in there and go h.a.m, they wait for you to get in the heat of battle
  7. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Pug matches is the bulk of pvp, so it is an accurate representation of pvp. It's not 1 player doing it, it's usually 2-3 on both sides. They don't just fly in there and go h.a.m, they wait for you to get in the heat of battle
  8. Venus Void Dedicated Player

One of the finer points of a skilled PvPer is being aware of their surroundings, maybe you should watch the sky more.....
    • Like x 3
  9. MMM Active Player

Which is why people are running 3dps and a heal in the elite alerts hmm. PS there are countless threads bemoaning the growing lack of use for support roles in Pve end content. It's all about the 1234 AMs. I'm sure that's very advanced and skillful.
    • Like x 2
  10. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Some players are, but not all. I bet you will see all the roles in a raid, which is considered the hardest most advance content.
  11. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

What do that have to do with most pugs have players flying in the air spamming wm? When y'all were comparing pvp vs pve were y'all talking about pvp's competitive matches vs pve's pug matches? If so i can't win.
  12. Sabigya Steadfast Player

Its very easy to point out who actually PvPs and who tries to come PvP with a blind-fold on. If I am in completely visible range and attacking and the enemy still chooses to ignore me its on them not on the game.
    Air spamming WM can be dealt with [As long as there is no range abusing going on]. A 1-1-1-1 premade can beat a pug group. Does that mean support roles should be nerfed as well since most pug groups don't run roles?
    Though damage does need to be lowered for long range WM [and pretty much everything in PvP in general]
    • Like x 2
  13. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

I'm comparing pug pve to pug pvp, it seems players are trying to compare league run pvp to pug pve
  14. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

No, people were stating that the entirety of PvE is not as difficult as the entirety of PvP. Which is a true statement.

Don't make this into something it isn't for the sake of an argument.
    • Like x 2
  15. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

It's not a true statement, is an opinion from a player who don't pve that much. All roles not even needed in pvp. In raids all roles are needed.
  16. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

Used to be considered one of the top DPS on EUPC back when DPSing took far more skill (HL dps with he JC mechanics).

You know nothing about me, so again refrain from commenting on something you know nothing about.
  17. pitbullb3 Devoted Player

Hl jc didn't take much skill. Hl jc was the op power in t5, anyway that was years ago. You think pvp is harder than the throne elite feats when they were released? Or HH feats now?
  18. Clutchmeister Loyal Player

The easiest way to refute your argument is this, let's compare top accomplishments for both modes:

How many people have earnt those feats? Quite a few, even if it's the minority of the PvE crowd.

How many people have beaten me in a legends 1v1 series? 0. Infact I'll broaden it, how many people have won an FNL PvP tournament? An SoE Live tournament? I'll do even more, how many people can consistently block break on reaction, or counter a half rolling player consistently? Far less than the amount of people who have earnt those feats (even when amount of people is compared proportionally to the players in each mode).

There were even more people that completed wave 10 on the first survival mode or that completed the hardest feat for PW than there are people who have achieved the highest accomplishments in PvP or even have top level skills and abilities, which speaks volumes.

That isn't to say that PvE doesn't take skill or to diminish the accomplishments people have made, it's just foolish to think that PvE content rivals the complexity and depth that PvP offers (even at this point in the game's development).
    • Like x 4
  19. Grand Shaw Loyal Player

HL JC Didn't take much skill? Do we need to bring up ObsidianChill's video response when Spytle thought the same thing only to be proven dead wrong?

Not to mention how much harder Hades and Ares would be if they used counter mechanics more often and burst damage after getting counters.
    • Like x 2
  20. Sir-Ivy Dedicated Player

The biggest difficulty I've faced in either mode is other players and their ability to play well. Doesn't matter how good I am when the team effort fails.

Comparing the two is apples and oranges.