Pvp Gear Unbalance the Balance

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Loukinn, Oct 11, 2014.

1. Rankkor New Player

Its in your own post ! ENOUGH SKILL POINTS ....I DIDNT SAY THEY GAVE YOU PERMANENT SP SO PLEASE TRY TO COMPREHEND! ENOUGH SKILL POINTS FOR ROLE....NUFF SAID THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!
  2. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

They don't give you skill points at all. Seriously, where are you getting that from?
    • Like x 1
  3. Sabigya Steadfast Player

You cannot seem to comprehend the Dev's post itself. Go into an alt and que up.
    You gain STATS based upon a user who has enough skill points for the 5th and 6th innate. It is not granting you skill points.
  4. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I agree with this as well. I spent many hours getting that first set of gear under the old reward system, and then it became almost useless with the new season. I can buy the 97 gear if I really want to, but I'm just buying all the styles for SP instead. I bought about 5 pieces of 97 gear before just deciding to wear no armor instead. After I get the styles I'll go back to getting the 97 gear, but I don't PVP enough to justify it yet.

I think it would have been better to have no gear = a PVP CR 95, so that people with 96 gear would have at least some benefit.
  5. kravonik New Player

I never paid attention to the gear and bolster issue until I was CR 100 fully modded. Then I was getting beat here and there by ungeared players. I accepted that I needed to practice more and the like. But I personally feel that it is ridiculous that an ungeared person should be able to do enough damage to kill a fully geared player skill or no skill. I went against one player, mental dps, 0 gear but was maxed on SP and I couldn't even get a shot in.
  6. Rankkor New Player

Gaining stats if even temporary to meet a user with enough for 5th or 6th innates is the same as granting sp temporarily for the said match and never happened before ... If you didnt have skill points then you were SOL . now you wanna beat around the bush and say stats about innates ....which is SP ..i dont care how you do the math irs not just gear is it ? Ok so stop arguing with me then ....sp means nuthing stat balancing is a joke PERIOD
  7. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

If you invest skill points in those 5th and 6th slots you still get the bonus from them -_- what aren't you getting about this?
  8. Rankkor New Player

I wasn't talking about me or anyone else who has enough sp to do that was i ? No i wasn't...... I was talking about ppl with no sp ....and now that your following the bread crumbs maybe you will finally see what i was trying to say....like i said before in the past no sp SOL...now here some sp temporarily go have fun we will boost your stats ....which is unfair to those of us who grinded since day one. We didn't have them so we ran the content to get them pve or pvp not because we loved it all "grinding" but because we wanted to be stronger....now thats granted to a degree.
  9. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

If you have skill points allocated you're still going to have higher stats than those people relying on the minimum buff. The people with skill points still are stronger. It's really that simple. I can't keep repeatedly telling you that a dog is a dog and you repeatedly attempt to convince me it's a bird.
  10. Rankkor New Player

Maybe you should practice what you preach... I wasnt talking about how i have an edge over said person minimum boosted stats .....i wasn't talking about my 186sp giving me a better chance ....what i was saying is that it's not right that they give them boosted stats ! Being that the way you get boosted stats is a combination of 86gear and enough sp to fill 5th and 6th innates....which in pvp is bull...some of us grinded to attain that...so stop repeating urself please...its obvious you dont get what im saying...IF THE DEVS GIVE YOU BOOSTED STATS FOR PVE SO EVERYONE WOULD BE EQUIVALENT TO 108CR WOULD YOU STILL DEFEND IT ? i didn't think so ...
  11. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Gotta love the PvE to PvP progression comparisons. They altered PvP so it was less stat based and more skill based, hence a huge reason for the reduction in gear differences between tiers as well as the minimum buff. This was largely done because they want to take PvP in this game to the competitive route. In PvE that'd be bad because it'd severely shorten the longevity of the game. So I wouldn't defend it but not at all for the reasons you're trying to put into my mouth. So the point was moot before you even typed it.

Stop focusing on your stats and focus on improving your skill. Welcome to the competitive gaming community.

That being said your skill points unlock weapon mastery, so they still matter heavily, make you stronger and in addition to that not all of the stats in those 5th and 6th rows are relevant to every role. So the point does still stand because skill points allow you to spec into stats that are more important for the role you are trying to play. So getting the buff is not the same as actually having those skill points unlocked. At all.
    • Like x 2
  12. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

The fundamental underlying concept, evidently...
    • Like x 2
  13. frrrreeezze2 New Player

hey loukin i have read threads like this you are 100% but what's the point AFTER 4 YEARS OF DCUO you would think that the devs actually care no mate they don't listen or read threads like this so their no point on making one and if anyone doesn't believe me just try and wait you'll see no dev will reply what I have written here and if they do then ill shut my big mouth up. I have written comments like this since the jump cancel update and I haven't been replied since then not even once so if you really want the devs to hear you complaints out go make a complaint directly to the SOE board and make sure its not a thread

these discussions are a waste of time the devs don't read them
  14. frrrreeezze2 New Player

maybe u dont understand how it works the balancing stats doesnt care if u have 2 powers or 2 sp everyone has the same stats weather pvp or pve everyone has 25769 health weither pvp or pve or level 30 or level 2
  15. Rankkor New Player

If you really
    Think pvp got fixed and is better then it was then thats your opinion ....maybe Devs should start a community poll and really see ....not forum pc test only,or only from certain people...put it in game where its accessible to all...pretty sure most will disagree ...if pvp is better with roleless gear ...stat balancing,stat clamping on support roles why did so many pvo leagues and ppl leave the game ? What happened to play your way? No its play dps cause your sp if your going hybrid will be clamped... Stop defending this bogus update bro.... PUT THAT POLL UP IN GAME MEPPS ! see if you really made the right choice.
  16. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

A vast number of people in game think Batman is over powered in PvP, didn't think Steel was over powered, are currently defending wolf form, fire, and hard light. The masses tend to not know a lot of this stuff.

And a good number of people want PvP back to pre41, however, as stated the developers want to take it the competitive route. This is how they're going to do that. And competitive PvP is almost always smaller in games than that of casual PvP. A lot of the people who want it back, to be blunt, got exposed as the terrible PvP players they were due to not being able to rely on gear and pay to win mechanics.

Also "play your way" never had anything to do with how you play the game but how you paid. Gotta love your response to that skill point "issue" though.
    • Like x 2
  17. Rankkor New Player

Oh im so sorry i thought devs wanted to bring pvp back but as u ou said competitive pvp is smaller in population i i think thats the word not sure, but anyway that means more and more ppl quit until theres only a certain few left.. I thought they wanted the population to increase in pvp ....and im also sorry but referencing legends ? And power sets lol....ok sure lots of things unbalanced ...but like you said majority of ppl want pre 41 pvp ....not this roleless gear ...and buffed dps ....pvp is now mostly dps unless some cookie cut premade....which is sad...
  18. The Enquirer Steadfast Player

Baseless claims about only a very few being left. A lot of people stopped playing PvP for this season because they couldn't stomp people off of their gear. Those are the types of players, to be honest, that we're better off without since the developers are committed to making PvP more and more skill based. If they want to take it a less skill based route then that's their choice and I wouldn't then argue making gear less important is best suited for that model.

Competitive environments are always smaller. The FNL tours for all types of PvP proves that. In addition to that, keep in mind that the FNL tours have continued to grow in size. FNL actually started off small to the point wherein the devs weren't sure if they were going to keep doing them or not. But they grew. It takes time to attract a new crowd so the changes won't be immediate.

The reason I referenced those things is because people who play PvP don't always necessarily understand it. An absolutely ridiculous number of people here would have said Steel was never OP. Had we taken a pole it would have ended horribly for balance. The same carries over to arenas. So a simple poll of "let's bring it back to the way it was" isn't at all what's best. The developers acknowledged last season was horribly imbalanced so even if they did give a poll that wouldn't happen.

I never said the majority wanted it. Just a good number of people do. So I don't know where you pulled that from.

DPS is not the best role. So that's a player issue. Granted they do need to do more work on certain support roles, particularly tanks, however a lot of coordinated teams only run one DPS on USPC now due to having another healer and controller is far more viable for group survivability.
    • Like x 1
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

*popcorns*
  20. Rankkor New Player

Say what you want about tge difference in pvp and pve progression is needed in both and boosted stats should be earned not given ... It should be equal if so ...if it's in pvp then they should bring it to pve ....not that i agree but if they did then it would all go away... To many ppl wouldn't like it.
    As for all your other references their nonsense ....they do need to work on tanks which is a support role ...and im not talking about that easy server pc...lol what a joke ...
    Just because support are used in premades and scrims doesn't mean its used all over so i dont know where your getting that from.. As most pvpers run dps... In the exception of 4s and 5s premades... And even then theirs barely any tanks.
    And please dont try to sway this debate anymore as my original post was about low lvls getting boosted stats temporarily in pvp arenas by receiving 5th and 6th innates which you already confirmed ,so i think i made my point ...they should have to earn SP not given temporarily inany situation it wouldn't be excepted if it was pve ... Now have a good day....im gonna have more coffee