PS5 version is worse than ps4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Siramez, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

When I was but a wee hero, knee high to a Martian Manhunter, I used to avoid logging in 2-3 days after an update. It was almost always an unplayable mess. The glitches are still there, but they're not nearly as bad as they used to be. One of my favourites, teleporting was broken, If you queued and it popped when you were in an area heavily populated you would crash. Keep in mind, this is before lairs. The work around was to fly to an empty area. The skies over water bodies was full of hovering heroes and villains queuing instances. It was surreal and hilarious at the same time.
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Navigating the menus are laggy.
    There is a delay in navigating the Broker.... or pretty much any other UI Menu.

Ironically.... with the PS4 client on PS5.... everything runs very smooth. :eek:
  3. ChaoticD New Player

well this is new... [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  4. TanyaTheEvilll New Player

Don't I have to get ready invited to the special chat channels
  5. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

When the game went from PS3 to PS4 the update included graphics. Will there a 4k upgrade for PS5?
  6. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

PS4 version wasn’t so good either last night
  7. Sghoul1313 New Player

It is supposed to run natively at 4K. Things doo look smoother due to the higher resolution. But they have not added higher resolution textures or anything like that. I doubt they are ever going to update to modern graphics. That is a huge expense.
  8. TI99Kitty Dedicated Player

Jagged shadows may be a limitation of the game engine. It looks like that on PC, as well. As far as sensitivity, I won't comment, since I play on PC with a controller.
    • Like x 1
  9. TKMcClone Steadfast Player

The game still looks better on PS4 at 1080p than PS5 at 4k. It might be helpful to add more graphics sliders. contrast, saturation, maybe sharpness. I was hoping that the PS5 version would be closer to PC quality.
  10. jpharrah1010 Steadfast Player

So is it still not playable ? No hot fix yet ?
    • Like x 1
  11. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Last I heard was they were aware and working on a hot fix. Been wondering if they snuck it in or phased it out lol.
  12. Grim931 Committed Player

Definitely not in yet on USPS server... it's so bad. The framerate is makes me nauseous, and it also crashes every 30 or so minutes. Kind of ridiculous with how long it took to come out, you'd think it wouldn't be this bad after waiting so long.
    • Like x 3
  13. Pale Rage Dedicated Player

Ya, I logged in on one character to see how it was, got daily missions done, plus a slight headache from the frame rate/staggering view. Lost connection, went back to PS4 client.

Hopefully they get it fixed soon. Was a pretty long wait.
    • Like x 1
  14. Siramez Well-Known Player

my guess is that it should be fixed in the next game update which should come very soon with the new ally and other stuff.
  15. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

The frame rate and the graphical glitches. If I'm in a raid, particularly the screen will be filled with coloured blocks of varying sizes, to the point where I can't see anthing.
    • Like x 1
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Yes... they have been working years and years on this.... but....

It does not matter how long they have been working on this....
    everytime they add a GU or DLC to the game....
    they end up breaking the game a little bit.

So it doesn't matter how long they have been working on something....
    until they actually add it to the Live Server... Anything could happen.

Hopefully they come up with the hotfix soon??

On a POSITIVE note.... the PS4 client works like a charm on PS5. ;) ;)
    • Like x 2
  17. Grim931 Committed Player

I know, sad to say this is expected...

And it really wouldn't surprise me to find out that everything they just fixed a few months ago for the PS4 version on PS5... is the direct reason we're having these issues on the PS5 native client.

I do hope this gets resolved soon.
  18. CrYsiS44 Well-Known Player

So… is this actually being addressed? It’s been a week since release. I find it astounding that something can be released that isn’t finished. I expect very, VERY little as far as competency goes from this company - but this isn’t just a small big that you live with. It’s a major defect that affects MANY (who’ve waited for years)
    Was it just to be able to say ‘look! We did release it by the end of Q1’? Is that why it was rushed out unfinished?
    Jesus Christ! what is wrong with you people?!! Why is it that EVERY single update or dlc release causes some issue; or breaks something. Why release something youse know doesn’t work properly?
    Where is the info on the “hot fix”?
    Why are people met with such silence now? Any news is better than no news! Have youse not learnt that over the past month?!!
    • Like x 3
  19. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

Sorry, but I'm laughing and I had to announce it. Blatent marketing ploy that was over-hyped and you all fell for it. However, they DID provide what they claimed. Huge difference. Be careful what you wish for.

Free bump.
    • Like x 1
  20. FlyingFingers Well-Known Player

I said let me try this and see what it is and hahaha hahaha what the heck. All these years and all that time spent on THIS launch and the trailer was seconds long like again what the hell.

I remember when ESO did there next Gen update and they put passion and love into that trailer. They showed what was before and after a very detailed presentation. This Joke of trailer was just pathetic and embarrassing like Get it together seriously like Do Yall take any Pride in your Work? Because releasing this as is says yall don't give a f.

It's crazy like yall seriously dropped this and THINK it's Good who the hell thought that on the team? Who? Green light this? Hahaha seriously like who said this is Good? And let's drop it for our already damaged playerbase and they will enjoy it hahaha smfh yall crazy over there and that's that hahaha.

60FPS yeah I Think not, I have horrible lag in my base not to mention everywhere else and don't get me started on open world bosses hahaha my screen looks like it's having a stroke and a heart attack and a siezure smfh. At this point I don't wether to prey for them or US hahaha my goodness.
    • Like x 2