PS5/Next Gen Client

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by coldchilln88, Jun 13, 2022.

1. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sadly that's all I expect from it too. Just a meh upgrade. Useful to them but barely advantageous or awe inspiring to us.
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Well, times were different back in the PS3 to PS4 migration days. Correct me if I am wrong but Daybreak had more staff for DCUO then. Sony had announced a time period for deprecating the PS3, so it made sense to switch to the PS4 at that time.

Speaking of Sony, the company keeps pushing back the deprecation of the PS4; now they are saying 2025 but that can change at anytime. How can the devs give a firm client update when Sony cannot give a firm deprecation time period?

I dont think the devs have any more information then what they gave us at this point, because they themselves do not know. I am sure they have had meetings about it with their superiors but like us, they didn't get much of a response/answer either.

Personally, I rather wait for solid information from the devs instead of hearing "maybe" and "might happen"; anytime the devs say that it leads to a breakdown in the forums, because you KNOW that someone will take a "might happen" into a "the devs confirmed" forum thread.

The frustration is real; however, we will simply have to wait for more information.
    • Like x 2
  3. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

You're trying to illicit action from them, but outside of a response (if they feel like making one) nothing will change, and no satisfactory answer will be given. And the one person who might've entertained this thread is now gone.
    • Like x 2
  4. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Vegan cookies are good.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No thanks. I like eggs.
    • Like x 2
  6. The Bad Guy Well-Known Player

Make this happen.
  7. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Sir we know this. I'm here to say it's not good enough. It's like talking in circles with you sometimes. The back and forth between us is non constructive. Take care.
  8. Capt. Retro Well-Known Player

It's insane how a post like this devolves like that. Instead of a convo, it becomes a user generated gatekeeping session on a rational take about a relevant topic.

I get some topics are discussed ad nauseam around here but damn..
    • Like x 1
  9. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I still would like to know what that means for Xbox Series X. A port-over?
  10. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

Isn’t the Xbox more capable in the back play arena? Like ps5 isn’t good with old games but Xbox is fine no? If so, I’d imagine there’s no need for changes which is why they aren’t talking about it. Or they just aren’t going to because it’s a small community vs ps. As far as what’s coming, I’m in the “not going to notice anything” camp. Some little things but mostly just hardware vs aesthetic changes.
    • Like x 3
  11. Raven Nocturnal Loyal Player

I thought people were already playing DCUO on the PS5 though? I only brought it up because people keep mentioning some kind of game upgrades along with it. Perhaps there is a misinterpretation of what the whole thing means?
  12. xxHELLSTROKExx Loyal Player

There are people on ps5. It can run older games but I’m pretty sure I remember reading something that it isn’t ideal for it whereas the Xbox is more capable at it. My friends using ps5 have a lot more issues than I do and I’m on the original ps4. I run mine thru my Xbox one x for the upscaling. I crash once a month at most. They crash pretty much daily and some of their crashes are bad. Like require a full power down and restore. I’ve even seen players saying it bricked their ssd. No clue on that being true or if they’re just exaggerating to get some attention to the issues.

As far as there being a misinterpretation, sure seems it. Aside from jack saying things/ using words he probably shouldn’t have (which he is well known to do), there hasn’t been any indication of what changes will be made. That of course translated into forum users saying things like “the devs said unreal engine 5 is coming!!” or “the whole game is getting a graphics update on ps5!”. None of that was said or even truly implied since even Jack didn’t get that exact. It just has always been “ps5 port coming” and which is most likely going to stop the hard crashes and maybe add a layer of polish and speed up loading times and the ui. I’d say anything over that is unlikely but a welcomed surprise in my eyes. The game still has to run on switch and older consoles for at least another 3-5yrs. This isn’t a case where the ps4/ old Xbox is holding the game back like previous generations. Now it would be the switch holding it back and developer time/ team size/ company investment. The loss of the marvel game may shift them to consider an engine upgrade but that would take forever and cost a tonnnn of money and time. I’d imagine a dcuo 2 is more likely than an engine swap of the current game. Obviously this is all just my opinion but I do my best to not put words in the devs mouths and I’ve seen nothing that suggests the ps5 patch is anything game altering.
    • Like x 3
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can play the PS4 version on the PS5 but if you crash it crashes your whole console.
    • Like x 1
  14. L T Devoted Player

I'm pro cupcake.
    Given the number of job postings, I wouldn't expect anything earlier than Jan 2023. the good news is if you score a job with daybreak you can probably get in on weekly dev status meetings. Also, you can help speed things along.
    • Like x 2