PS4 Controller on PC

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by catplaysxoxo, Mar 13, 2021.

1. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

So I downloaded the test server because I wanted to test some things but my desktop doesn't have a bluetooth lol I need to buy a usb for it. Is there a way to use a wired controller (ps4) to play on the PC? I have a pc controller but its weird. I'm not a PC player by the way so go easy on me. I understand I can buy a usb bluetooth at Amazon fairly cheap. When I hooked up my pc controller the key binding were so out of place that when I tried to set it up to play on the test server the button layouts were so many that I didn't know where to start or how to even begin its just so foreign for me.

Would a synch ps4 controller automatically have the correct bindings if I connect it to my pc via bluetooth? Hmm not sure if I'm asking correctly but worth the shot. Might even make a new account and start fresh on PC which is fine, I'll be supporting the game that way.
  2. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

Not a PS4 controller (to my knowledge), but you can get an Xbox controller and connect it, and it'll work fine. I normally play on PS4, but I use a wired Xbox controller on the PC when I go on the test server. The sticks are in slightly different places, but otherwise works the same.
  3. myandria Item Storage

I use a wired PS4 controller for the DCUO test server since it is on the PC and it works fine. Just make sure you plug the controller into the USB port BEFORE you log into the game/test server so the game client recognizes the controller.
  4. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Not a fan of the bulk xbox controllers anymore. I'm more of a PS so the playstation controller feels smooth to me.
    so if you plug in a wired ps4 controller or xbox, the button layouts should still be the same or would you have to change them? The changing them is my problem, there's too many button layouts and the amount is throwing me off. Just figured if you plug in a wired controller the buttons should automatically sync up to how they are in Playstation or Xbox.
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

what i do is i open steam and then plug in the controller, and make sure it recognizes the controller before opening the game, that way it works almost the same as it does on PS4
    i went a step further and added the test server to the steam libray so that i can launch it from there but that's not necessary, just having steam open lets you configure it (and by configuring it i mean you can set up the colors and you'll prob want to disable the option that makes the touchpad work as a mouse as it'll be making the game switch between mouse/kb layouts and the controller ones)
  6. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Don't have steam. I don't think I downloaded the test server on steam if you can even find it there.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Well, yes, the button layouts do sync up with how they are on the consoles. When I plug in my controller and go on the test server, I dont have to change anything.
    • Like x 1
  8. Zamara Dedicated Player

no need to do that, i just use steam for the controller configuration and run the test server separately, when i said i added it i meant i used the option it has to add non steam games to the launcher but the game is the same as the one you already have
    • Like x 1
  9. catplaysxoxo Loyal Player

Okay that's good. It must be this weird cheap pc controller with the turbo in the middle that is giving me problems. So I can just buy a wired ps4 controller from Walmart and it'll work with no key binding issues? I don't know why it has to be complicated for me o_O