Ps3...Time to bail?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Titans1373, Jul 21, 2014.

1. Titans1373 Dedicated Player

Not to throw salt on open wounds...well maybe :), but it was reviled that a whopping 76% of players that play DC are on PS servers (yay PS). And 57% of those are on ps4. So while my personal numbers were off, they told the same story. More players play on ps4. I'll take my cookie now lol...
    • Like x 2
  2. Sabigya Steadfast Player

PS3 is going to reach its limits. Unfortunately players do not want to go so Devs have to find clever ways around it. Unfortunately its nearly the same players that bark "Not creative or cool enough" when they actually do release it.
    PS4 is going good by that stats. But again even if that number is 0.00001% they will still not give up on the PS3
  3. Radium Devoted Player

Says the guy on the internet message board about the superhero MMO.
    • Like x 3
  4. Isikel New Player

Funny how it took 13 pages for someone to point out what Mepps said almost a year ago... "We will support PS3 indefinitely."

I still play on PS3. Only downfall I experience is a 5-10 second additional load time into instances and rooms, I can deal with that. Users on both consoles still disconnect on Dawn or Veng, both get glitches of different kinds. I've seen the difference on the PS4. It is smooth, fast and better looking, but not enough reason for me to drop $400 yet.

Dividing the PS3 and PS4 servers would be the worst thing they could do, while near half of the players are still on PS3. More money might be coming from the PS4 players right now, but I'd wager the half still on PS3 have put more money into the game over the years, and will continue to do so after they migrate to PS4 down the line.
  5. Liongale Dedicated Player

I honestly do imagine and dream what kind of improvements they can make to the game, graphics-wise and otherwise, would they not be held back by PS3 limitations. The word 'glorious' is one of the adjectives...

But eh, when it happens, it happens. I'm sure it will one day, but no way we can really rush the timetable I guess. Just imagine the new players/old players they could lure to the game with like a DCUO 2.0! Hype, and stuff.
  6. Chungweishan New Player

They would still be held back by the limitations of the game's engine.

Also.... the limitations of the Devs. You really expect glorious graphical changes when they're afraid of adding new hairstyles because of clipping. C'mon, man!
  7. the swoosh New Player

i personally dont expect the game to be that much better if its ps4 ony, that being said there is much more potential for the game if it was ps4 only, but then that potential would have to be put to good use and that is where the problem kicks in :p
  8. Scarlet Rise Loyal Player

I recommend players either "trust" the developers when it is time for that to happen or get accurate statistics on it. I believe the majority of the community do not post on the forums. So even if everyone here agreed that SOE should drop the PS3 that should not be the determining factor. Unless the PS3 version of DCUO has officially become unplayable.

Side note: I am on the PS3 and it runs well enough. The game lags for me when entering and exiting indoor campaign missions. If I move too quickly through the Meta, Magic or Tech entrances I risk falling through the floor. The rendering can be slow and prevents me at times to join in preemptive strikes with a group.

These are major issues but not to the point where it is better to not use DCUO at all. If or when SOE drops PS3/US and the others (EU etc.) It should be based on the system as a whole (or it really is actually unplayable).

Side Note: Telling someone to buy a PS4 when they want one is ridiculous to me. Especially to people they do not even know.
  9. Kaiowas Nomad Active Player

I can personally recommend ps3 player, who's wallet is a bit thin, to upgrade U'r HDD too a SSD. It'll give U almost same LOADTIMES as a PS4(look test on the net). It will reduce U'r tendency too DC etc, thats experience since newyear and my SSD is an SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250GB and was one of the TOP models "back then". ;) Still gonna use my PS3 for i.e. Netflix and GT6...
  10. Darkest Law New Player

I am glad I play PC.