PS Plus not required for DCUO on PS4.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by NexGen, Jun 12, 2013.

1. NexGen New Player

• Like x 1
  2. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

"You will need it to enjoy online multiplayer.
    This will also depend on the judgement by the publishers, and there will be some free to play titles that you’ll be able to play without needing a PS Plus subscription, like PlanetSide 2 and DC Universe Online."

Nice catch and good article.

There ya go kiddies who didnt want to cough up a 5 spot a month for ps+ and worried about DCUO being behind the pay wall of ps+ online play.

Also to note I see more free to play / premium / legendary/gold/ultimate etc etc highest tiered membership with the "depend on the judgement of publishers" in regards to their business models.

Depending on the game and game publisher:
    Free to play - the most basic of game play - no ps+ pay wall.
    Premium - the most basic of game play - few bells and whistles to enhance the gameplay - no ps+ pay wall. any dlc purchases, ingame items etc purely optional.
    PS+ users - full access to the game - everything is has to offer - special freebies, discounts, free dlcs/items etc (active ps+ account) etc etc.
  3. Luthia1281 New Player

I doubt its so much the fact that you have to pay for the privilege to play online, but the fact that you are already paying a sub and then on top of that have to pay for the privilege on online play. I hope more PS4/ps3 mmos go this route, cause I think otherwise its going to hurt them in the long run.

On a side note.. I bought a 1 year ps+ sub that doesnt expire till august of next year.. wonder if thats gonna carry over xD
  4. Azreaus Committed Player

They said during the E3 show that current PS+ subs will carry across to the PS4 and one account will work on PSVita, PS3 & PS4.
    • Like x 1
  5. Luthia1281 New Player

Nice, thanks for the heads up.
  6. ARI ATARI New Player

i wonder, those of us that have the legendary sub (10 a month) will that carry over to ps4 as well?
  7. Adriana New Player

It will only hurt free to play people. More free to play the more they can charge on any little thing. It's nice that only sony games are allowed a free pass.
  8. ZEUSofGODS Dedicated Player

Tell u the truth... I only play dcuo... I only own dcuo for ps3... Prior to dcuo I only used my ps3 for blue rays (I'm an Xbox man)... I had no prob paying the $50 annual fee cuz it helps create a better gaming environment... However his isn't my gaming environment so since I am not required to do so, I won't...

But I did learn one thing! The ps3 community is mostly spoiled and ungrateful children... Here a company that shouldered the burden of server cost to support gaming and now they are going to charge ONLY $5 a month and the bashing begins... I hope ps3 will start charging next year!! I'm not an server expert but $5 seems very minimum to enjoy 30 days of multi player action regardless of what game u play!! I pay $100 a yr for Xbox live and I don't hesitate cuz my children enjoy the service (I say my kids cuz I only play dcuo)... All u read is "Sony is greedy" "I can't believe Sony is gonna start charging!"... Really? Charity does not last forever!!