Proposal: A New Tab in the 'On Duty' Menu- Chronological

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ultra Lightspeed, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Sometimes I like to play older content in the chronological order of the story. The original journal items guide you through the stories when you become eligible to do them, but after that, you have to rely on your memory, an out-of-game resource, or context clues from the incident descriptions.

When I started the game, there was far fewer instances to keep track of, so that was never a big deal. Now, there are a lot more stories spread out over the types of content and multiple parts. The monthly DLC phase that the game went through also added a lot of crossed stories.

I would like to be able to see the instances ordered by their storyline in the On Duty menu named "Chronological". Even better would be a way to experience the dialogs from mentors and iconics that came with doing them for the first time. Perhaps if there was a bonus of some kind for completing a storyline in order (a bit like the first journal run-through), this would encourage players to go back to older adventures. This might have the positive side effect of making it easier to find groups for old content not tied to a catalyst.
    • Like x 3
  2. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

You play like I do. I've been asking for this for years, but I've realized it's not a very popular method.
    I hope we get a chronological/story relevant mission order again in future, I'd even be willing to help do it.
    • Like x 2
  3. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

It depends on how much time I have or what my goals are for a play session. If I want to work my CR, I just grab the highest level stuff I qualify for. If I just want to have a more chill experience, I will play stuff in order to enjoy the story or pick up themed lair items. It just seems a bit odd that the game employs all these voice actors (which I doubt come cheap) but there is a fair bit of dialog we only hear once per character.

Personally, I wouldn't mind having chronological missions going right back to pre-level 30. The Trigon story is a continuation of the Brother Blood story in pre-30, after all. I wouldn't mind if we had chronological missions that are CR-adjusted to your current level, but just a chronological ordering of the missions on one tab would be perfectly fine with me.
    • Like x 2
  4. velvetsanity Loyal Player

I like this idea. Or even somewhere in the watchtower/hall of doom that we can go to pick up the story tracker missions in our journal after we’ve completed them for the first time, like a console in the monitor womb. It could maybe list DLC name/number, we click the one we want in the list, and it gives us the story tracker mission to start from the beginning.
    • Like x 1
  5. Ultra Lightspeed Active Player

Yeah. Imagine actually visiting a safehouse for something other than the Halloween seasonal!