Priorities for revamp guides

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by DCUO Addict, Jul 16, 2017.

1. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I think the best chance for the revamp to be successful is if there is good, easily accessible information for players. I'm sure there will be many guides and videos on powers. In addition, there are a few key guides that might be helpful:
    1. I always think that in game information works best, like the mission when you get yourbase or when you finish your 30-level mentor mission. (Obviously, I have no control over this, but I still wanted to mention it.:))
    2. Guide to the new UI
    3. Overview of three play styles
    4. Updated information on stats
    Thoughts?
    • Like x 4
  2. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

There's plenty of information and stuff on the forums; yet people don't read it.

Advanced Mechanics are simple as they can be; there are still people who spam pistols all day long.

Considering there are folks whom don't read what's already provided in-game and just go to youtube for their loadouts; SP guides and on updates; I think the developers should do what you listed in the OP and then make a YT video on it.
    • Like x 1
  3. AbBaNdOn_IGN Committed Player

Im sure lots of people will make tons of guides both on forum and on youtube. This is my favorite part of the game, trying new things, learning new things. If people can make guides to cover all 3 play styles I will be impressed. I am going to try and make every power PFFT, except for 2. I will try to make my dual blade weapon or hybrid focus'ed (will try weapon first). My Bow/gadget green archer clone will go for hybrid. I really have no plans of trying to make Hybrid work beyond that.

I love making guides but I dont think I will be diving into the powers as deeply and thoroughly as others lol.
    • Like x 1
  4. Trexlight Devoted Player

I certainly intend to get a guide for Rage done with the 3 playstyles once it hits live and I can run with my league. Testing is a bit too much of fluctuation and anything can change. I feel once it hits live there'll be a better chance, at least for me, to get a better grasp on the changes. Pop on test unless you are grouped up with beforehand is teeth pulling.
    • Like x 2
  5. Surtur Well-Known Player

The stats need to be explained better that's for sure. What the DCUO has listed and how the stats work is garbage on most of the stats explanations listed under the stats on the stats tab at the top of the inventory screen.
    • Like x 3
  6. light FX Steadfast Player

I very rarely go in that guide section because atm i have no reason to. But back in the day i didnt much either. Know why? There is a lot of misinfo thrown around on these forums ;) And lord help ya if u try to correct someone :p
    • Like x 2
  7. Twilight Avenged Dedicated Player

I plan to work purely off of my own personal discovery and experimentation.

If I re-sub that is...
    • Like x 2
  8. MastaMind Dedicated Player

The smart move would be to incorporate some system that actually explains things, and maybe even lets the players test run each style a bit before moving on. I agree with your #1 point, and that is one of the big reasons that I felt that the in-game tutorial system is what should have been revamped. As of what I've seen thus far I expect that the game will just change all of a sudden, and all players will be expected to figure it out on their own. I sincerely hope that is not the case, but again thus far the game has existed for 6 years and the majority of things I had to learn the hard way.

Exactly. Plus, players should not have to leave the game to locate information. It would have been fairly simple to either add a place people could go for actual tutorials within the game, or to have made the mentor someone you could actually call upon when a question came up. So many things I had to read up on while sifting through opinions, arguments, nonsense, and outdated information. At the end of the day it still pretty much took trial and error, and a few generous older players who helped me within the game.
    • Like x 3
  9. Surtur Well-Known Player

DCUO players get better information from websites like this which I think is a total joke.

http://dcuniverseonline.wikia.com/wiki/DC_Universe_Online_Wiki

How is it that these guys understand DCUO own players better than they do?
    I know..............
    It's because they actually understand to what what the players want & need better than DCUO's devs do.
  10. High Troller Loyal Player

Now it's the race to who will have the most op guide of them all! A guide that is verified beyond the Sparring Targets. Sparses from boss fights perhaps?
  11. JasonIsley Devoted Player

Because that wiki is managed by DCUO players. Duh.
    • Like x 1
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

This x 1,000!
    Even if the revamp is an improvement, which I genuinely think it will be, it might crash and burn simply due to lack of information. I hope the Daybreak team is rollout and transition planning. It hasn't been discussed externally, as far as I know, but it would make a huge difference if they put effort into reaching the majority of the community that doesn't frequent Discord, Twitch, the forums or follow them on social mediia.
    • Like x 1
  13. DCUO Addict Committed Player

I agree 100% about some people not being able to take feedback, but I've definitely found the guides to be helpful. Unfortunately, forum posts with limited space aren't always the best medium for guides. Once the discussion gets many pages long, most new people will skip it. My thought in this case is that, with everyone starting from square one, just basic information will be helpful to a lot of players.
    • Like x 1