Precautionary DLC7 Concerns

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Zizzi, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Zizzi New Player

The DLC sounds great, but I have a few concerns about it.

Will the new power be balanced and working properly at launch? There will likely be a few issues, but hopefully not too many and they are all just minor issues.

How will the Operations work on the PS3? I'm thinking they will go much more smoothly than the first time around since the Dev team has more experience with Operations now. Hopefully lag and loot issues are kept to a minimum.

Can we have the same amount of Dev communication we had during the Home Turf launch and PvP announcements? I feel those were very helpful and helped to prevent a lot of the forum rage while also helping to get problems solved faster.

Are the servers ready for the massive load of people? Home Turf had a relatively smooth launch, but then got very rocky for a few days. Hopefully this DLC launch will be smooth as well, but I'm skeptical because this is the DLC that a very significant amount of people have been waiting for and the server load will be huge.

Those are my concerns, but I still have good faith in this DLC, sounds great and lots of fun :)
  2. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Oh, for crying out loud.
    • Like x 13
  3. Frostbight New Player

I can almot guarentee for the first week you will have lag,freezes, mail clitches and chats not working. Every relase has had it so far so expect it for this one. Anytime you have loads of pepople all running the same thing right away its going to bog things down. Just expect the abosulte worst that way you wont get all mad when things go down. Just get used to it and enjoy the time you have itll be worth it in the end. I hope things are at a minimum but i expect things to be at maximum.
  4. Epic Wins New Player

good grief, if this is a preview to the threads that will pop up in the next couple of weeks i think i might just stop visiting the forums for a while lol
    • Like x 1
  5. Zizzi New Player

Hopefully I don't look like the "bad guy" for voicing these concerns haha, I know most people are thinking them too.

I'm very excited for this DLC and hoping for a perfect launch :)
    • Like x 1
  6. MARK2099 New Player

No new powerset has been balanced at launch, even after months some of them still need some adjusts, and some of them still get small fixes every once in a while.

About operations, i hope devs learn ps3 can't handle massive players in the same area attacking the same target, hope the fights be inside buildings.
  7. Zizzi New Player

I wasn't here for any of the power launches, but I don't think there have been many complaints about them, or at least I haven't seen people mention them. I wonder what the effects are going to look like :O

And they did say they were using alternate gothams/metros, so maybe they're doing it like Strykers? Have a separate instanced map (like CC or Strykers) where it is just the operations. I have no idea if that would help the problem but it seems possible.
  8. Rashadjc New Player

New Power? What's the new power TELL ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm done ;)
  9. Quantum Edge Steadfast Player

Every power launch has seen the start of literally dozens of threads complaining about them, either the people using them saying they don't work properly, or others saying they're way to OP and they're going to kill the other powersets. Not to mention a cascade of threads complaining about how they've once again, ruined PVP.
  10. Greenman_x Steadfast Player

Honestly I like the idea of this thread because as unbelievably excited as I am, there are some nitpicky things im looking at and wondering to myself

Concerns:
    - Teleportation...Transformation lag makes using some powers (invisibility in mental and the CC trinket) very hard to use because of the lag that occurs when you go into it or come out...Its the reason Ice armor was completely removed from the game...So how is teleportation going to work for Quantum? Very curious to see how it plays out
    - Operations...Are they going to be instance based or open world? We saw how it went last time, hopefully they learned and can make them more stable
    - Raids...Based on what weve seen in the past, I wonder about the length/toughness of these new raids...I want long corridors of tough baddies I have to fight to get to the final bosses (which I want to see unbelievably hard)...If we get an FOS 3/Prime style 1 room raid, ill be disappointed

Again, im probably the most excited person for this DLC, but these are my initial concerns from the announcements
    • Like x 1
  11. Zizzi New Player

Thanks for understanding what I was getting at :)
  12. tukuan Devoted Player

Beyond balance issues and bugs if you've not been around for a new power introduction, to me the biggest issue is the inevitable effects of a massive amount of players rolling new toons and/or a big chunk of old players coming back to check it out. It has effects across the board for weeks in the leveling areas, broker prices, queue durations, city lag and so on.

That said, IMO it's all good change, but just be ready to wide the wave for a few weeks.
  13. Singlemaltkiller New Player

Really, we can't bask in the glow of the announcement, you Negative Nancys have to come out of the wood work and point out the emperor has a tendency to go nude?
    • Like x 1
  14. Zizzi New Player

Actually I'm far from being negative, if anything I was being hopeful and positive. I just had a few concerns was all and hoping that a Dev could chime in and say how they've prepared to address this and also to voice the inner thoughts of most people here :)
  15. Breedin Bull New Player

As with any DLC, the first week will be terrible, as the PC test server just can't account for the PS3 numbers plus lack of power in the console itself ( i love my baby btw), so they devs will tweak and do roll backs so people aren't loot locked, and by the end of month one, it will be smooth enough to glitch regularly. Then they will patch that and it will be a constant battle between the glitchers and the devs.
  16. NexGen New Player

I think any "concerns" being voiced at this stage of the game are highly premature, and moot. Be concerned when you have evidence of concerning things, not "just because."
    • Like x 1
  17. SoylentBob New Player

Start from scratch? We have respec tokens.
    They will start with full 30s and have no clue on what to do, because they didn't raise the toon with the powers. They will flood Support with buyer's remorse complaints, delaying support for real issues.
    Someone will post a guide, and everyone will FotM until someone discovers something better. Anything cool will then be nerfed, and both sides will complain.
    • Like x 1
  18. Zizzi New Player

Didn't I say these were "Precautionary" concerns? Always better to know what the potential problems will be and avoid them if possible before they happen :) as for evidence, I did provide the previous DLCs as evidence when concerning the Operations and the server lag.

Again, not being negative, just a few things I'd like to see that are kept to a minimum :)
  19. FESTER665 Devoted Player

I totally understand the reasoning behind this thread..... From the sound of it though they have learned from past mistakes and I'm hopeful things might run smoother.... The Ops are only 4 man operations that will be in "alternate" Metro & Gotham. Hopefully the "alternate" part means almost like a smaller instance for us to play.

Now that I can do all my stuff in my lair I won't have to go to the watchtower so there wont be a zillion people all crammed in there.

Also I think the mail deletion will be in full swing by the time the DLC drops so hopefully that helps as much as they think.....

Keeping my fingers crossed though.
    • Like x 1
  20. NexGen New Player

Yes, paranoia runs rumpant in this community.