Prec: flurry shot WM makes elite content less challenging.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by gemii, Mar 18, 2020.

1. gemii Dedicated Player

How long will it take to adjust this weapon properly?

Weapons expert / precision / dual wield WM flurry shot combo continues to dominate elite content to the point where it’s considered a joke. To the point where players do 4 man elite raid challenges using it because it’s that effective. It really cripples how challenging end game elite raids are or have the potential to be.

IQ and skill always comes first 100 percent fact, but the type of damage this weapon can produce is game breaking. I thought last survival mode put that on blast but apparently not. The weapons balance did not balance it nor did nerfing the Venom wrist artifact. Your going about it wrong. The only way to truly adjust it is to (significantly) lower it’s damage by taking into account the fact you can jump cancel with the weapon or make it a stationary combo and remove jump canceling from it period.

I’m tired of playing elite content and the boss is melting down in the blink of an eye because precision players can just burn through it while doing jumpin jacks around the map to avoid mechanics while still continuing to flurry shot.

I know y’all gonna say “well everyone will be nature then”I rather see that than see what I see now with dual wield I’m sorry.

And no this isn’t a rant from a might based player. I plAy the exact same play style I’m sitting here complaining about

Elite content difficulty just feels like it’s going downward and not because the content is bad. it’s just the fashion it’s being beaten in that truly lowers the Standards
  2. Draconiano Committed Player

So, you want to make the game more boring?
    What I like about flurry shot is the jump canceling, I can focus on reviving people, evading and trying to not die, helping with mechanics, etc.

Also, I have some might dps (not nature) in my league that makes more damage than prec dps. If you don't like to be prec then go might, it's just as op. Pretty balanced right now.
  3. gemii Dedicated Player

of course you do as well as i, its part of the reason i chose to play it vs going with ice might but at the same time look at the advantage you have with what you just listed. jump canceling flurry shot, focus on reviving people, evading damage, etc etc all this gifted to the player + the damage potential depending on your power set. Does it not water down elite level end game content?

Nature might be just as good but at least theres still fundamentals that comes with it like keeping your dots up (unless you have other nature friends in your back pocket), getting caught in a animation, making sure you have a supercharge and then you HAVE to go acrobat just to maximize your damage for gorilla.
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Flurry shot is not the main culprit of making Elite content less challenging. The main culprit is Artifacts. There are some that are just bonkers good and are the root of the problem. Of course they will never nerf/balance Artifacts because they are a money maker.
    • Like x 3
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

"I thought I was the most cheese weapon move now" - Doomspin

So if someone goes out, respecs to prec, changes out their artis to whatever the FOTM one is...Flurry shot is the problem? Do you think that if they changed DW-Flurry to make it a bit less attractive that people would all change back to might, or would they just move to the next highest cheese weapon?
  6. L T Devoted Player

Didn't they already reduce the effects of Venom Wrist Dispenser?
    • Like x 3
  7. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Okay I know I will see flack for saying this but personally I do not see a problem??????

Let us take a really short history lesson..

Not long ago most leaders on the LFG were listing their demand for "joining MY team" and god forbid a player didn't have the right amount of SP and their combat Rating was not high enough. Oh and by the way while it is not seen as often that practice still exists today.

Now let's add in all the Leagues out there that recruit a new player and immediately start running raids and alert where a couple new lower CR members tag along with a team filled with high CR that wipe everything imaginable out super fast so the new member can grab better armor and a pile of quick feats to get stronger quicker. OH and THAT definitely still happens.

Now add in the random players in outdoor content that either tag along behind a stronger player and click stuff to get credit after the STRONG guy does all the work or use blind invites to try to team with that same strong player and let him help them get done fast and easy with his missions.. Because WHY WORK HARD WHEN YOU CAN LET SOME ONE ELSE DO IT?

While there are some players that enjoy the challenge there are a host of others constantly looking for some one to carry them.

Brother Allen mentions artifacts... I'm amazed the LFG posts have not started to specify that unless your Artifact is at level 180 or higher please do not apply.

Still plenty of challenges in game how about we don't start insisting on major changes that could drive a pile of players away and make the financial situation of the game even worse..

Now to clarify I myself enjoy a challenge but after 8 years I am getting a bit tired of having to relearn to play the game because some major change has arrived to appease yet another group that doesn't like something the way it is. Hey let's fix the glitching and other on going issues before we totally redesign again huh? Let the flaming begin...……………...
    • Like x 2
  8. Brother Allen Loyal Player

You don't even have to use VWD anymore. The Card Artifacts are strong enough to overshadow VWD.
    • Like x 2
  9. gemii Dedicated Player

Thats a band-aid they could reduce it further and it would still be out of whack. They would have to literally test it themselves in the same way we test it involving jump canceling the combo and clipping phase dodge to actually fix it or remove jump canceling and let the combo play out its whole animation the way it was probably intended to be played.
  10. gemii Dedicated Player

There is no other weapon that will do what dual wield does so it depends.. if you can still be mobile with it players imo would still use it or go nature

Nobody is using doom spin in end game elite raids outside of hallway adds. that would be begging for yourself to be taken out of the fight.
  11. Chia Death Well-Known Player

I disagree- I don't think the VWD nerf was related to the details/flurry wm at all, it was because it was just stupid op. Did it help bring dw/flurry wm closer to other damage schemes? Sure, but the VWD change wasn't made to nerf dw/flurry wm.
  12. L T Devoted Player

Think you missed the point there, Brother.
  13. BUDOKAI101 Committed Player

VWD only gets a 6sec window for only 21% prec that's only 2100 prec. when u can use cog and have 40% prec 4000 prec all the time. Now u have support roles healers that could be buffing ur health by alot in turn pushing ur prec to 4500 if not 5k to 8k all the time. VWD is ok for small stuff that gets koed fast like reg and alerts duos. But that window 6sec is trash so is 21% u better off with supercharge gen or cog I say cog for the win. U can't say no to 4.5k prec all the time and probably 8k in a raid if a healer buffs health and that could happen in alerts
    • Like x 1
  14. Black Jaq Devoted Player

I feel like the gear stats are too high. The 255 vendor chest gives +99 Might and +51 Precision over the 253 chest. Add into that all the other bonuses from Artifacts and such and it seems like we are becoming too powerful.
  15. Brother Allen Loyal Player

My point was they adjusted VWD but then turned right around and introduced Artifacts even stronger than VWD to get players to level it up and dump $$ into it.
    • Like x 1
  16. Psyfur Well-Known Player

Well said! Thank you! You are not alone.
    • Like x 1
  17. Proxystar #Perception

This ^^^

There are certainly mobility advantages with precision, but it certainly doesnt seem to have the same impact it once was, there's plenty of viable might builds out there now that are impacted much more heavily by how high your artifacts are and which ones you're running.

Run the wrong ones and your damage will greatly suffer
    • Like x 1
  18. Littlejaytee16 Committed Player

Every time I see the term "flurry shot" I get a sudden craving for the Mcflurry.... that Oreo ice cream dessert at McDonald's.
    • Like x 1
  19. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Your numbers are off but you are correct in that the Cog buffs precision damage more than the venom wrist dispenser, and that’s not even factoring in the additional damage from others getting the buff.
  20. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Just highlights how flawed the artifact system is, by how a mistake on a build can greatly impact your performance, and how there is no easy way to repair it unless you open your wallet to Daybreak. Also, compared to prec, seems like might has more chance to not have a correct build than prec does.