Work In Progress Powers and Balance: Introducing Midrange

Discussion in 'Concluded' started by Mepps, Sep 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derio 15000 Post Club

Thats what I am wondering. If they want balance to where all powers are equal at all ranges. Then rage will need some midrange to long range options other than dreadful blast.
    • Like x 1
  2. Saybro Committed Player

How do you figure? I get balance is the end goal and it makes sense. But you can not sit there and say rage's revamp was a positive step for the power then. Wasn't that the whole point of the revamp?

It just seems like this completely negates the whole revamp and spord and mepps both stating "it is a melee power and we intend to keep it that way". I'm not saying I don't want all the be able to melee, mid range, and range equally because I do. I want balance. But this completely goes against the whole revamp in the first place. Others have said it, we have no mid-range potential because almost all powers pull you forward and you will eventually end up in melee range and lets not get into the range potential.
    • Like x 2
  3. Remander Steadfast Player

Like I said, all powersets will have equivalent melee, midrange, and ranged potential. That means some powersets will need options added. I would say Rage midrange is on that list.
    • Like x 1
  4. Saybro Committed Player

I gathered that much from the OP but it will need a lot more than just mid-range adjustments. I get you are trying to answer the questions and I appreciate it. Just a VERY frustrated rage player, and i know there are some other powersets out there in the same boat.
  5. Remander Steadfast Player

No doubt. I was hoping we were near the end of the DPS love fest. This is going to be several months more of adjustments.
  6. Saybro Committed Player

I KNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....I'm still waiting on Severe punisment to be fixed tank side lol.
  7. Wellens Well-Known Player

Just because they said the order is subject to change doesn't mean that we shouldn't be upset about the current order that's been presented. AMs are unique when compared to WM which was awful, in my opinion. I 100 percent agree that no power should perform better than another power. However I do feel some powers should perform better than others under certain conditions, such as melee or range. Nothing in my post states that I think Electricity and Nature should hit the hardest, please do not "put words in my mouth." I am Electricity and believe that it has continually been shafted so, from my perspective, I believe it should be one of the first powers to be addressed not one of the last. Also, you maybe misunderstood when I said that I think that not all powers should have melee, midrange and range options when it comes to how hard the powers hit. I think that doing this will only create more melee and midrange DPS that cause problems in a group and makes all the powers the same. My suggestion was to make some powers work better in melee, midrange or range. Personally, I think Electricity and Nature should work best from farther away (Range). I don't want to be close to the tank, I don't want to endanger my group but I don't want to suffer because I play it careful.
  8. Electrical Rage Active Player

You can't possibly know that it doesn't take a year. Like trex mentioned, you must not know anything about game designing and coding. I dont know anything about it either but i'm smart enough to know that just because they can progran good does not the problems can be solved in as quick as 4 months.
  9. Electrical Rage Active Player

No they didnt
  10. Electrical Rage Active Player

Electricity and Nature should perform the most damage from far away.

You said it in term of it being at ranged. Anyways thats not what matters. I totally agree that electric should be the first one to be touched and yes you have the right to be upset with the order they have things going in but again you shouldn't be. Remember it is SUBJECT TO CHANGE. I myself have an electric dps and switched to healer becuase of the ****** damage.
  11. DaBeama Well-Known Player

I ran FOS3 earlier today with my 133 electric dps and outdamaged a 131 mental. Maybe something is going on in the coding for our (electricity) content relevancy winDow because I was at least competitive in lower content.
  12. Wellens Well-Known Player

I think you knew what I meant. You contradict yourself when you agree that I have a right to be upset but then tell me I shouldn't be. If that's all you have to offer at this point then this back and forth is over.
  13. Electrical Rage Active Player

I'm not contradicting myself. Everyone has a right to do something. You have the RIGHT to be upset. You have the ABILITY to be upset. But you should not be upset. Thats not a contradiction. Its a true statement. And it's just a friendly disagreement, nothing serious.
  14. Derpina Active Player

So, assuming these changes carry over to PvP, a hard light troller, a celestial healer, and a rage tank can do as much damage as a dps. I l love the balancing powers part, but this just sounds like a bad idea. I hope future PvP gear has enough health to accompany these changes, because the current PvP gear most definitely does not.
  15. Gwalir Loyal Player

Actually, DPSs will still do more damage. Support will get the damage increase from AMs, but won't get the DPSs Might and Precision stats, or the 60% modifier they run with.
  16. Pults Loyal Player

Damage modifiers don't transfer to pvp, so that means celestial, rage and hard light will be able to perform their combos at full strength and gain from being their support role. For hard light that means massive damage and power over time. For a rage tank - greater survivability. For celestial - I don't know rarely anyone uses it in pvp and those who do tend to use it are using speedhacks to perform their combos at a faster rate.
  17. Zoros Active Player

Maybe I'm missing something, but how exactly are the pet AM's going to operate with the change in damage depending on range? Pets move on their own and their range varies as they attack. Instead, will the pets stay by our side constantly and will their AM damage scale with how close the player is to the target. As of right now, the changes would not be all that effective for the pets if we don't have control over the range at which they attack the opponent.
  18. Gwalir Loyal Player

I actually didn't know the modifiers didn't transfer to PvP, so you learned me something today. :p
  19. Crimson Mayhem Loyal Player

I think pets are already scaling by their player's range, not their own.
    • Like x 2
  20. Pults Loyal Player

I'm not sure about role ones but the ones you have from your base certainly do not since you can't even place them on pvp gear and pve gear is completely disabled within arenas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.