Power-specific weaknesses still to be looked at.

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by Earth Sisters, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Quantum:

Too many uninterruptable animations. I know the mechanics of all the boss fights. I know when to block/roll-away. But, so far, Quantum's animations have killed me the most of all the powers I've tried post-revamp. Gentleman Ghost and the final boss in US have killed me countless times as I was unable to jump/block/etc cancel the animation I was in to roll out of the way.

Sorcery:

Underperforming dps-wise. Not terribly, but noticeable. Just making Offering a power that can clip again may be enough to balance it out... at least for fury builds.
  2. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

I suggested letting offering clip cause fortify golem was clippable on test, but instead they removed the clipping functionality altogether from fortify.
  3. The_fair_1 Committed Player

So far I know that quantum, mental, and sorcery need some changes. I know a few things that sorcery needs and it's just moves that hit harder and don't get cancelled by friendlies. I can't speak of the other two as I haven't played them much
    • Like x 3
  4. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If memory serves, Sacrificial Offering (the precursor to Offering) could be used for clipping.

Functionality wise, Sorcery dps in my opinion needs a total rework.
    • Like x 3
  5. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Everyone who plays sorcery DPS agrees that it needs a rework, but you also have people that are trying their hardest to keep balance out of the game and call us terrible players cause we aren't able to be top and apparently it's our fault for not knowing our power XD.
    • Like x 4
  6. loupblanc Dedicated Player

If the burst was better, I could go back to Spin Chop clipping all day and doing pftt that way, just to go back to the old ways.

But weapon-centered builds demand you use either Bow Smoke Bomb Mastery + Dual Wield Explosive Shot using two armories or just Dual Wield Explosive Shot using one armory. 1H WM combos are inferior in both damage and aesthetics.
  7. The_fair_1 Committed Player

Yup and some powers need weapon centered to even keep close to the nest bottom DPS. Lol you know a power is weak when you're told "your damage is pretty bad but the fact you're sorcery and dealing that much damage means you're really good"
    • Like x 2
  8. loupblanc Dedicated Player

I did have similar comments during my pug days as Sorcery dps pre WM/AM, like when Home Turf first hit.

Currently, I have an unorthodox Sorcery dps for pvp, with only two Sorcery powers. Tested and it has enough burst for pvp. May be adaptable for pve.
    • Like x 1
  9. matth431 Level 30

HL suffers in DPS imho because it lacks ways of dealing 360 AoE damage - there's only Light Weight as far as I can make out. If Fan pulled enemies into your forward cone it wouldn't be so bad (as it has enough cone AoE) but they often fly right past you then cause a lot of damage from behind (even if they don't, you aren't damaging them if they ain't in front of you).
  10. Earth Sisters Well-Known Player

Just ignore these people. Report them if they keep posting the same non-sense without evidence. They come to every thread not filled with "Super Great!"
  11. light FX Steadfast Player

Exactly. Ive been told multiple times quantum is fine. The amount of time ive spent on it is embarrassing at this point. And i disagree its fine. Because what i see is people find a loadout that does decent or above average dmg and thats the end of it. Compare those l/o rotations to picking any 6 random powers. Yes picking any 6 randoms will result in less dmg sometimes. But other times it doesnt. I was testing hybrid and was using the prec buff, warped reality, was gaining almost 2k prec. I removed it and still did roughly the same dmg when parsing.

Power sets should work how they used to. Pick an ability that applies the PI and then other abilities that benefit from that PI. Ive done this with graviton and destabilize vs using both PIs or no PIs. When parsing the dmg is roughly the same. Ive also raised my might by 1200 in the last 1.5 weeks on the dps side. Went from 14.8k to 16k. Not really seeing better dmg out when parsing. If stats matter then i should see higher dmg when increasing my might by that much.

Basically i bought a full set of blackhawk dps gear that replaced paramilitary gear and replaced syn mods with SF mods. Lots of marks and mats for that 1200 might not to really see any reward for doing it. At least when it comes to parsing. How on earth do stats matter when this happens? How is quantum fine when this happens? I really feel some explaining needs to happen. From the devs i mean, not players.
    • Like x 6
  12. °RAGEZ° Active Player

I got you Mate. While im not interested in having a dps universe online i agree with your thoughts. Kinda have the same feeling with Munitions. Im glad its not op anymore yet it doesnt feel strong enough at all somehow... Especially since there is no ground AoE like a fire inferno but a lot channeled Powers which should appear to be stronger then unchanneled Powers, dont they? Doesnt really feel like that. Yet you can say Rage, Nature, Elec and Earth are op, but i think rather the other Sets are a tick too weak when talking about pftt playstyle... mental is pretty pathetic. Each Set should feel strong in its own way but apparently they do not. Not really, not at all.
    • Like x 3
  13. xxOMNIPOTENTxx Committed Player

I'm downloading the test server now, would definitely like to use the parser on my Sorcery toon. Do I have to re-do (build-up) everything again since this is a different server?
  14. TheDrone Well-Known Player

The amount of my Sorcery attacks that simply miss is pretty amazing.

As far as HL is concerned, it's terribly weak...unless you're good at clipping. Then it's quite good.