Potency of Affinity Generator Mods (from activation of elite gear)

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Djem So, May 31, 2018.

1. Djem So New Player

In order to determine the value of the affinity generator mods, as found in a vendor of the Tech Wing, I invested time on the test server. The specific mods that I tested on the test server were the following: Aggressive Protection, Debuff Master, Debuff Efficiency, Rejuvenating Escape, Spiked Block, Auto Breakout, Sure-Footed, Power Strategist, Soul Link, and Crippling Stance.

My chosen powers for testing were fire and mental.

As a mental controller, I equipped the affinity generator mods highlighted in purple (as seen above), and in all honesty, I found the increase in my power regeneration from Power Strategist and Debuff Efficiency to be quite marginal. This is especially so considering that a power magnitude increase can be granted to the user by simply investing your skill points in vitalization. The fact that a player would spend real money in order to unlock elite content, attempt the same elite content with reduced chances of success, and repeat the process in order to receive mods that provide a minor increase in power is incredibly unsettling. The same applies to Debuff Master. It is typical for most users of the controller role to apply their debuffs to the central boss in a raid as opposed to targeting regular enemies, or "adds" as they are called. Considering that the user only has a 25% chance to apply a debuff to a nearby target, this confirms that the debuff will not be reliably applied to the nearby target at all times, and there is an implication that only one additional "add" will be affected by Debuff Master. Perhaps Debuff Master would be more beneficial if it simply made all controller debuffs permanently AoE (Area of Effect) based, meaning that every target that is hit by the power will be debuffed.

As a fire tank, I equipped the affinity generator mods highlighted in orange (as seen above), and once again the utility of these mods is somewhat perplexing. In the case of Spiked Block and Crippling Stance, the descriptions for both mods state that the user possesses a 10% chance to damage a nearby enemy (for Spiked Block, occurring every 2 seconds), and a 10% chance to stun a nearby enemy (for Crippling Stance, occurring every 6 seconds). There must be a reason as to why the percentage was chosen to be 10%. As stated above, these generator mods do require considerable investment in order to obtain, and as such it is expected for the mods to facilitate one's ability to surpass elite content. Furthermore, the fact that the effects can only occur once every 2 or 6 seconds is rather conflicting. This is especially so considering that the chance of the effects activating is limited to 10%. Perhaps between a 25% or 50% chance for the enemy to be stunned or damaged may be more substantial. Regardless of the fact that certain individuals may perceive these percentages as excessive, the investments made for the mods are every bit as excessive as well.

The effectiveness of the mods Soul Link, Rejuvenating Escape, Auto Breakout, and Sure-Footed, is every bit as minuscule as that of the mods listed above. In spite of the fact that pets such as the robot sidekick are utilized, the 2% damage transfer as mentioned in the description for Soul Link is largely invisible. Whether or not the effects are functional, a percentage such as 2% is relatively bizarre. Perhaps a transfer of 10% damage may synergize more effectively with the 10% defense bonus received from tactical mods such as fortified blocking, in addition to the 100% defense bonus granted while blocking. Assuming that an enemy in elite content strikes a player for 20,000 damage or so, a 2% transfer of damage would translate to a removal of 400 damage, therefore receiving 19,600 damage. Such a contribution, especially for a mod that requires 8 pieces of elite gear, is rather disappointing to say the least.The affinity generator mods Auto Breakout and Sure-Footed, while functional, are somewhat redundant in nature given that it is instinctive for most users of the tank role to break out of control effects whenever they so please. This is solidified by the fact that the chance for Auto Breakout to activate is once again a marginal 10%. A percentage such as 50% may appear to be more rewarding. As for Sure-Footed, a 25% chance to receive 5% additional control resistance for 12 seconds whenever controlled is limited at most. Perhaps instead of possessing a 25% chance to receive more control resistance, it may be of more utility to receive 5% control resistance for 12 seconds whenever you are controlled. The 5% additional control resistance lasts for merely 12 seconds, and does not guarantee that the user will resist the incoming control effects. Therefore, it is only logical that the chance for the effects to activate is 100%. As for Rejuvenating Escape, the minor heal received may appear to be beneficial when utilized in conjunction with the heals in the fire tanking build. However, such a heal can be just as feasibly granted by a nearby healer, therefore mitigating the value of the mod.There must be a method in which these generator mods can be further optimized in the future.

As for Aggressive Protection, the mod highlighted in red (as seen above), in spite of the fact that the effect is read to be active, the additional defense, or shield, that is intended does not appear to activate. Typically, there is a sort of blue circle that appears whenever Aggressive Protection activates. However, no such shields appear.

Is there a possibility that these dilemmas can be addressed by those affiliated with the DayBreak Development team? If so, please consider the sentiments above. The mods listed above are not the only mods that are limited. Healer affinity generator mods found within the Tech Wing vendor as mentioned above can also be found, and they are every bit as miniature in nature. However, given that my role preference is tanking and controlling, those mods were not included within this thread.

In addition, for those who want to provide additional insight (perhaps the deficiencies associated with healer affinity generator mods) towards the details above, feel free to reply.
    Thank You.