Post GU50...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Veritech, Jun 26, 2015.

1. Veritech Loyal Player

Please devs, no more dedicated dps updates. Please hang up the parser and move onto other areas such as UI, crossplay, support role quality of life improvements, PvP, and other great things that might bring my much missed friends back online. No more dps updates outside of small tweaks.

Tunso has done well and copped a lot of grief. He deserves a holiday ;)

Balance for pve dps is closer now than it ever has been. Every power in the right hands can adequately contribute damage to the group.

Poor players will always exist and come to forums to complain that they can't keep up due to their choice of power. No amount of updates can fix player based issues.
    • Like x 23
  2. KodyDerp Dedicated Player

+1
    • Like x 1
  3. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

It's not the players. DoT AMs weren't balanced at all. Same with HL they needed to be looked at.
    • Like x 4
  4. Veritech Loyal Player

I did state 'post gu50' in the title which means after. All powers have had a balance now. Let's move on. Got any preference for an update that doesn't involve dps egos?

I am particularly looking forward to crossplay. Population on uspc villains is waning. I'm surprised these days when I log in and see more than 2 of my leaguemates online, where a year ago we had enough to form 2 raid groups of full league runs at any time.

My amusement these days is watching gold bots try to sell gold to each other while I run solo content and wait forever for even a duo queue to pop.

I truly feel sorry for those stuck at t4 or t5 with no one willing to group with them due to marks relevance. I joined one poor soul to help him do inner t4 yesterday, and 2 other t7s ended up joining out of sympathy/boredom as well.
    • Like x 2
  5. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

I see what you're saying and yes I do want to see crossplay and the new power in announced soon. I'm still questioning Water powers since the developers did ask a question and got responses.
    • Like x 1
  6. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

Supposedly, Rage and Celestial are still weaker than the other powers. No one is providing any proof, so the developers probably won't care. :-}
    • Like x 2
  7. Aqua Surge Loyal Player

CL isn't weak from what I've seen.
    • Like x 1
  8. Veritech Loyal Player

They have been saying repeatedly to attach some parser data to those sorts of claims or it would be disregarded. Celestial works just fine for me.
    I can see how people might not like the idea of melee rage and want more range options, I'd rather have an aftershock AM for Earth over pets too, still though it's time to focus on something else.
    • Like x 1
  9. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

As I said, no one who is saying rage and celestial are weak has provided any tangible proof. As such, GU50 appears to be the final update for DPS (for a while). We shall see if proof surfaces over the next few weeks, though.
    • Like x 1
  10. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

I like the pet AM for one reason: I can play similar to how I did prior to GU 36 while my pet does its thing. I'd actually probably stop playing if I was forced to do combat purely from the ability tray. That type of combat feels too much like every other MMO and takes away what makes this one unique.
  11. Sbel Devoted Player

Yeah, it's probably time to leave the dps alone for a while and see how it works out. They can always come back to it later if there's a problem.
    • Like x 2
  12. Saybro Committed Player

lol yep, because this "proof" needs to be brought up now that the almighty parser shows all damage. Give me a break. Just like kaiser's video's are the end all to what loadouts are powerful and what powers are lacking (no offense kaiser)
  13. SethZoulMonEl 10000 Post Club

It does make more sense for players to post their loadouts and the damage they're doing by quoting the parser as opposed to just saying, "Power A does more damage than Power B because I saw it happen in a raid with random players." Without some quantitative data, the developers have no idea whether the qualitative data is based on skill or actual issues with the power balancing.
    • Like x 3
  14. Saybro Committed Player

I'm not saying it doesn't make sense. I'm not saying rage isn't dead or viable, but it is behind. Just because parser numbers aren't posted doesn't mean it isn't behind just like just because a dev says something is working as intended doesn't mean it is i.e. ice's recent update, quantum's time bomb.

Plus, tunso is working on the powers now which is a good sign for those powers. I've just noticed he isn't touching the two spord worked on, unless he worked on others, i could be wrong.
  15. Swiftduck Loyal Player

The devs need to make all content more melee friendly. If that happens, no one, I repeat NO ONE would say rage is weak.
    • Like x 2
  16. Southbeatz Well-Known Player

I can't speak for Rage but Celestial is not weak at all. The only problem Celestial has as a dps is its combos take time to cast since some of it cannot be clipped. While Celestial is performing combos, other powers like Quantum or Munitions, just to name 2 offhand, while those two can either completely kill adds or get a lot of hp taken down before Celestial gets off the first complete combo. This isn't much of an issue on T6 T7 content but anything T5 and below it is an issue when some powers kill things before Celestial's combos get going but other than that Celestial does good damage.
    • Like x 1
  17. Tilz Loyal Player

Celestial is with GU50 abit behind.. not much and its far from being weak. But i'm not complaining here. ;)

I'm with OP. Other things should be on the list now
    • Like x 1
  18. Veritech Loyal Player

Cmon guys,
    I wrote this post to express my willingness to move on from this dps focused nonsense. If you want to keep discussing what may or may not need further work, there's plenty of other threads on topic.

We need to move past this for the good of the game!

Feel free to input any other aspect of the game you'd like to see work on but no more dps!
    • Like x 1
  19. Biggdaddycane Dedicated Player

Trust me buddy its a never ending cycle.

I've been on the same horse trying to get the DPS express train to finally come to a halt.

Its only been speeding up.

People say were close to balance; however in those same threads I see people saying "_______" power still need this an that, an a few tweaks here and there....lmfao.

Even if DOT AM's and Rage Am need tweaks..... I'm beyond sick of this S#**

They need to lock the DPS role in a safe and throw away the key. Its had its time for 2 and a half years. People need to deal with what we have now; which is the closest we've been to balance. Game needs a better focus the DPS updates, and small content. Part of the reason the game is in the struggling state is in today.

PEW PEW Community, 110%
    • Like x 3
  20. Pults Loyal Player

It's only strong in melee if you clip every combo. Doing it right or playing out the animations reduces the damage considerably. Which for the included risk factor makes it less appealing.
    I suppose rage will get an unexpected buff to DB, making it deal more consistent damage, somewhat similar how mental's buff was plugged in the last days prior to GU go live.