[Possibly crazy idea] Buff/battle tank?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Radstark, May 2, 2021.

1. Radstark Active Player

I was thinking of other MMO warrior tank classes that often buff allies while lifestealing to survive. Tetrahedron of Urgrund and Cog of Mageddon grant 5% HP each and buff the whole group's damage based on the user's HP - which would be kinda high being a Tank.

Rage seems like a great candidate with Infuriate and Remorseless Recovery since more damage = more survivability. Third artifact could be EoG for more Infuriates or Everyman's Prototype for better defense if it's going down too fast.

Thoughts?
  2. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

Fire Tank.

I know Rage's Health is subject to fluctuation, a Fire Tank already has 260-300K standing @ endgame; can potentially use Trans and Strat combo as Tank Arts instead of other Tank arts, but with a Healer can survive without them, and is depending on continuous mobility to survive, which is conducive to attacking constantly (which powers the Cog) and using Abilities constantly (which powers the Tetra.)

Since it would be in Tank role the bonus is reduced, but functionally still the same as a Controller or Dps role bonus because 2x or more HP @ same CR = same endresult bonus.

That said, I don't think you're barking up the wrong tree; the question of Elite-content usefulness springs to mind because "hey all hands on deck" means a Tank will probably wanna fill those slots with other things; of the two I would say have the Tank run Tetra, since Ability cycling = how one maintains aggro, and not all fights are going to be conducive to crossweapon combo spam, which a DPS or Controller will be doing anyway.
    • Like x 1
  3. Radstark Active Player

Great insight, thank you!

What would you suggest as the third artifact supposing no Elite runs? For the time being I'm going to stick with Rage because I've already recreated WoW's Death Knight style-wise and that power is perfect for the Blood subclass. But I do have a Fire DPS melee toon anyway (which coincidentially already uses Trans+Strat), so I might give a Tank armory a try some day. Heck, my original idea actually was a Tank for that one, but I didn't want to have two villain Tanks and no hero Tanks...
    • Like x 1
  4. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

I play a similar build on my Atomic Battle Tank loadout. Scrap of the Soul Cloak, Eye of Gemini, Tetrahedron. I combine might buffing with 'green spam' to give endless SC, alternating between Pheromone Bloom and Speed Drain every 12.5 seconds or so. It's sooooo fun, and makes anything less than top-end/elites, just breeze by. It's a bit fragile for main raid tanking on anything with actual difficulty though.
    • Like x 1